Escape Drydock - September 2022

Ixtoras

Hello All,

We're sailing on the Escape November 1st for the TA voyage from Rome to New York.   Curious if any of you knowledgeable folks know where the Escape will be spending her 4 week drydock starting next week? Also, does anyone know of a way to unofficially keep tabs / find updates while a ship is in drydock?  

Thanks

Jeff

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ixtoras said:

Curious if any of you knowledgeable folks know where the Escape will be spending her 4 week drydock starting next week?

There are not many choices. Normally it will be one of the following:

- Chantier Naval de Marseille

- Damen Shiprepair Brest

- Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam

4 hours ago, Ixtoras said:

Also, does anyone know of a way to unofficially keep tabs / find updates while a ship is in drydock?  

Perhaps using the hashtag #norwegianescape and looking for some pictures on social media.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

- Damen Shiprepair Brest

NCL doesn't use Cadiz, Spain?

4 hours ago, blueslily said:

Does anyone know what changes or updates are planned for the Escape?

This is essentially a special drydock to make repairs to damages incurred when it hit something several weeks ago. As far as I know, there aren't plans for anything else to be changed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ixtoras said:

Hello All,

We're sailing on the Escape November 1st for the TA voyage from Rome to New York.   Curious if any of you knowledgeable folks know where the Escape will be spending her 4 week drydock starting next week? Also, does anyone know of a way to unofficially keep tabs / find updates while a ship is in drydock?  

Thanks

Jeff

We'll be joining you on this cruise.  My best bet would be to check out the marine traffic to maybe be able to see where she is. 

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4 

Just put Norwegian Escape in the search box.  She's on her way to Malta right now. 

We may get lucky and get some updates via crew on that other site that shall not be named. 

I think Fanny Brice is her name.  She's quite a funny girl. 🤩 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ixtoras said:

Also, does anyone know of a way to unofficially keep tabs / find updates while a ship is in drydock?  

Fix hole in bottom of ship caused by grounding in March to prevent her from sinking. Not sure if they could have put more in the dry dock plan on short notice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

- Damen Shiprepair Brest

Perhaps using the hashtag #norwegianescape and looking for some pictures on social media.

Thanks!   I noticed that the Bliss last drydocked in Marseille, and there were a couple of social media types on You tube that showed her arrival.

14 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

This is essentially a special drydock to make repairs to damages incurred when it hit something several weeks ago. As far as I know, there aren't plans for anything else to be changed.

Thats what I've been figuring....  Hey maybe they'll switch out all the Pepsi products for Coke....  

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, nothing.  Though I wasn't really expecting to hear much. The vlogger that grabbed video of the bliss and others during their drydock has been quiet. 

The forward webcam view has been pretty quiet as well.  Check it periodically but the repair work is down below and must not need much in the way of materials or exterior support as there haven't been many comings and goings.   But hey, they moved a lifeboat sometime recently - the one standing by itself wasn't there yesterday.  🙂 

https://www.*****/cruise-ship-webcams/norwegian-cruise-line/norwegian-escape/ 

image.thumb.png.bbbdef6729574e072130c00d2dce5620.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ixtoras said:

Nope, nothing.  Though I wasn't really expecting to hear much. The vlogger that grabbed video of the bliss and others during their drydock has been quiet. 

The forward webcam view has been pretty quiet as well.  Check it periodically but the repair work is down below and must not need much in the way of materials or exterior support as there haven't been many comings and goings.   But hey, they moved a lifeboat sometime recently - the one standing by itself wasn't there yesterday.  🙂 

https://www.*****/cruise-ship-webcams/norwegian-cruise-line/norwegian-escape/ 

image.thumb.png.bbbdef6729574e072130c00d2dce5620.png

Thank you. Maybe next week will be more eventful

In my account it has changed. When I choose onboard activities, mini golf is no longer listed. Instead, there is only the Info about the new Sports Complex: Conquer new heights and new thrills at our Sports Complex.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, simse81 said:

In my account it has changed. When I choose onboard activities, mini golf is no longer listed. Instead, there is only the Info about the new Sports Complex: Conquer new heights and new thrills at our Sports Complex.

Ok thanks I will look there, we sail in April!