Do we need our physical CDC card?

sea_la_vie

We also still take paper back ups for everything,.  Our last cruises were b2b2b2bs out of San Diego.  We were told we needed to carry the CDC cards if we left the ship on the turnaround days.  There were some places that required proof of vaccinations to enter.  While that may have changed in recent months, it is a good idea to be prepared.

• Like 2

I would definitely take them on your trip in your carry-on bags.  On a recent cruise after boarding the ship, we kept them locked in our safe along with our passports.  We had paper copies of both that we took with us on port visits, along with electronic copies (i.e, scanned PDFs of these documents) on our phone.  In our case no one ever asked to see the original CDC cards on the entire trip.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Torquer said:

I would definitely take them on your trip in your carry-on bags.  On a recent cruise after boarding the ship, we kept them locked in our safe along with our passports.  We had paper copies of both that we took with us on port visits, along with electronic copies (i.e, scanned PDFs of these documents) on our phone.  In our case no one ever asked to see the original CDC cards on the entire trip.

Thank you! Just was worried about safe keeping on the trip 🙂

We had to show them in Bonaire in February.  Only port where they wanted to physically see them.  We had originals stashed in the safe with our passports and paper copies plus on our phones to carry off the ship.  Probably better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

The digital ones are ok, but I bring my physical one anyway because I keep it tucked in my passport case. 

I use one of those 3x4” plastic card sleeves from Amazon to keep it from getting too beat up. My husband has one of the older cards that’s a little larger, so he uses a clear plastic passport sleeve for his.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Just wondering..for the 3rd booster do we start a new card? There's only room on the card for 4 shots. 

We got a 2nd card for our 2nd booster. When we got our first booster the sticker they put on the card took up both booster lines, so now we have 2 cards already. 

2 hours ago, fieldsofclover said:

The digital ones are ok, but I bring my physical one anyway because I keep it tucked in my passport case. 

I use one of those 3x4” plastic card sleeves from Amazon to keep it from getting too beat up. My husband has one of the older cards that’s a little larger, so he uses a clear plastic passport sleeve for his.

We have a set of those for our cards and I also make reduced size (Credit Card ish) copies that are then laminated so that the DW and I can each have one in our wallets. 

We just got the bivalent booster today. We each had two cards (one card has our original series, and the second card has our two prior boosters).  They were able to fit my booster on my second card with the others, but DH had to get a third card for his.  It all depends on how much they can fit.