B2B sailing check-in

Karen Lynn

Hello,

The theory is indeed that you only need to do the first check-in.

However what does not always happen is your credit card details getting copied from the first to the second sailing - you will then find yourself hounded to pay your second cruise's on board account before you disembark.

Whilst it p***ed me off at the time (twice in fact), when I complained to Miami I was given $300 (twice) additional OBC on subsequent cruises - and they admitted their mistake.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Karen Lynn said:

Anyone have any experience with B2B sailings and checking in for each sailing ? Celebrity tell me just to check in for the first one , but of course I’m being barraged with reminders to checkin emails! Maybe someone has been there - done that?

I always complete the check in for both legs. The second leg I pick the latest check in time for the embarkation port. I always print off the Xpress passes for both legs. I've never needed the one for the second leg. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Karen Lynn said:

Anyone have any experience with B2B sailings and checking in for each sailing ? Celebrity tell me just to check in for the first one , but of course I’m being barraged with reminders to checkin emails! Maybe someone has been there - done that?

You can just check in for the first or if you enjoy planning can do subsequent sailings.

They really don't  really use the second one except for the Photo (some of the times)   On the last cruise they accepted my picture but took Iain's 2x.    On turn around they already have everything prepped and will just ask you the questions and give you a new sea pass. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

We rarely do anything less than a B2B.  We also check in for the all legs and sometimes print the XPress passes but have never needed them for any leg after the first.

LIke you I always fill it in... makes it seem real.

I added on another segment while on what became a B4B. Totally forgot to check in for the last one and had to have photo taken on pier and then they were hounding me about putting a card on file for my account - although it took a long time for me to use up the OBC so I didn't even realize it for a while. But nothing bad happened having not done it. 

I do choose the last check-in time on subsequent segments to allow others to get their choice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

Side note question, will remaining OBC we have from the first week carry over to the second.

Unfortunately, no.  Each cruise is considered an individual entity.  If you have non-refundable OBC at the end of any of the segments, it will be lost.  If it is refundable, it will be credited to the card on record.

20 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Unfortunately, no.  Each cruise is considered an individual entity.  If you have non-refundable OBC at the end of any of the segments, it will be lost.  If it is refundable, it will be credited to the card on record.

Thank you, I would only use it to upgrade to the premium drink package, and for b2b 5 days the credit I have for 1 would cover a good portion of second week.

My father had mentioned with Princess he was able to carry over, so was hoping it was the same.

I did have a bartender on a B2B ask me if he could book my premium upgrade for both cruises at the same time. I'm sure he wanted to secure his gratuity. He told me to come back to him for the second sticker. I'm sure this wasn't totally by the rule book but it was in essence a way to use OBC from the first cruise for the second. 

1 hour ago, sbcs5390 said:

I did have a bartender on a B2B ask me if he could book my premium upgrade for both cruises at the same time. I'm sure he wanted to secure his gratuity. He told me to come back to him for the second sticker. I'm sure this wasn't totally by the rule book but it was in essence a way to use OBC from the first cruise for the second. 

Thank you.