Miami Hotel Recommendations

TiggerLuv2Cruise

Just looking for some hotel recommendations for our night before Carnival Cruise in Miami.  Shuttle from airport and/or cruise port would be wonderful, but hoping to find something nice but reasonably priced.  I realize I am asking a lot, so in order of preference: clean nice hotel maybe 4 star, airport shuttle and we could uber to port if necessary, but would hope to be somewhat nearby to port.  Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Marriott has a cluster of properties just off the Southeast corner of the airport that would meet your requirements.

Fairfield, Marriott, Townplace... there are like 5 of them cluster together.  This is were we usually stay.

Free airport shuttle, and breakfast at some.  Most have pay shuttle service to the port, but we just take an Uber, much easier.

Edited by wemjam

37 minutes ago, TiggerLuv2Cruise said:

Just looking for some hotel recommendations for our night before Carnival Cruise in Miami.  Shuttle from airport and/or cruise port would be wonderful, but hoping to find something nice but reasonably priced.  I realize I am asking a lot, so in order of preference: clean nice hotel maybe 4 star, airport shuttle and we could uber to port if necessary, but would hope to be somewhat nearby to port.  Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Lots of great Florida lodging info to peruse here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

We stay at the Marriott Biscayne Bay all the time and enjoy it there, but I believe their pool is closed for updating. As someone else mentioned the Intercontinental is also great as we have stayed there in the past. 

Edited by outdoors27
Typo

5 hours ago, wemjam said:

Marriott has a cluster of properties just off the Southeast corner of the airport that would meet your requirements.

Fairfield, Marriott, Townplace... there are like 5 of them cluster together.  This is were we usually stay.

Free airport shuttle, and breakfast at some.  Most have pay shuttle service to the port, but we just take an Uber, much easier.

I am at the Residence Inn in that cluster.  The Marriot, Courtyard and Residence Inn are with in a walled gated compound togeather and share pool.  Very nice at all of them, modern.  Free shuttle from airport (shared). Great Cuban resturants with in walking distance no more that .8 miles.  Recomend "Latain Cafe" on 42nd st.  Many locals, great food, reasonable price.

Won't know for sure till tomorrow but Uber shows $15 to port.

Take shuttles off the list. Miami is a fairly small city geographically. You can easily and cheaply Uber. 

Pick any of the many hotels in Downtown Miami or Brickell area to enjoy the city for the evening. And then take a 10-min $10-$15 uber to the port. Popular hotels are Intercontinental, JW Marriot, JW Marriot Marquis, EAST Miami. All easy drives from the airport and to the port. 

To be clear, Port Miami is right in the middle of the city, so anything in Downtown Miami or Brickell will make an easy transfer to the port. 

Edited by Flymia

1 hour ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

What is free The People Mover mentioned near Hampton Inn on Brickel?  Thanks.

It is a free automated train system that you can take around Miami's central business district (Downtown and Brickell). It is very easy to use and great way to get around that area of the city.