Azamara telephone answering time

excitedofharpenden

Because I book direct at the moment there have been occasions when I've needed to call direct to Azamara.Today I waited for an hour and forty minutes on hold waiting to get through to request luggage tags for my cruise (there is an error on the Journey 24th September sailing and they have messed up the documents). 

To me this as a self booker is not acceptable.  And it's got worse over time. I'd be interested to hear from others, particularly if your are a travel agent. Do you have a specially resourced conduit? I don't want to start a discussion on the benefits of using a travel agent.or not, just what others have experienced. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Because I book direct at the moment there have been occasions when I've needed to call direct to Azamara.Today I waited for an hour and forty minutes on hold waiting to get through to request luggage tags for my cruise (there is an error on the Journey 24th September sailing and they have messed up the documents). 

To me this as a self booker is not acceptable.  And it's got worse over time. I'd be interested to from others, particularly if your are a travel agent  I don't want to start a discussion on the benefits of using a travel agent.or not, just what others have experienced. 

Phil 

Called Azamara last Friday, waiting time about 5 minutes.

17 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

To me this as a self booker is not acceptable.  And it's got worse over time. I'd be interested to hear from others, particularly if your are a travel agent. Do you have a specially resourced conduit? I don't want to start a discussion on the benefits of using a travel agent.or not, just what others have experienced. 

Phil 

Phil, I had a conversation with some of the Azamara U.K. staff when we boarded Quest in Southampton and was told that they are very aware of the situation. Five new call centre staff were starting at the beginning of September.

Best advise is to phone at 8.30am when the U.K. ‘office’ opens, personally I always choose the option for new bookings you get through to the same personnel. Only a personal theory but I suspect the RC phone system shunts non sales calls to the end of the queue as happens in many automated phone systems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think you had the patience of a saint given you were having to call following Azamara's error.  Its not great - not everyone can call at 0830 or whatever

I know my own TA says his current experience of wait times for Azamara is some of the worst and it can mean some of his staff might encourage guests to book elsewhere to avoid spending so long on hold for one guest so they cannot "sell" to others 

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

My own experience is several months old, dating back to when I first booked in early June. There was a wait but not of the proportions you quoted. I called mid morning and got through to someone who I believe was US based.She was helpful but to my surprise, suggested I also speak to TA's in the UK, and named a specific one to contact. Generally I'm used to booking direct for some of the reasons others mention, including an assumption that I'm getting the best price. As it happened, the TA got the business, not least because they were able to offer a small, but meaningful discount on the direct quote. That left me with the impression that while some brands may chase direct business (I sense Viking Ocean does this) others, like Azamara, push loyalty to the TA sector. Maybe that is because it is easier to allow the latter the handle incoming queries?

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

After that long wait, did  you get the luggage labels Phil? I phoned for ours and they emailed them but when I went to print them they said the right room number but the wrong ship and the wrong date!

9 minutes ago, malcliz said:

After that long wait, did  you get the luggage labels Phil? I phoned for ours and they emailed them but when I went to print them they said the right room number but the wrong ship and the wrong date!

Unbelievable Phil helped me (thanks star I’ll buy you a drink- oh wait it’s Azamara ) mine are correct 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, malcliz said:

I did get them. When I spoke to Nicole at Azamara on the phone (who was very helpful, polite and apologetic of the wait as they all have been) she looked at the original documents and said that both the first and last pages, the cruise details and luggage tags had been omitted. I think they've just picked up the wrong detail on your first page. Mine are correct, as is my label. 

I also advised Nicole of my wait time and once again apologised and said they'd had some staffing issues and this was being addressed.  Riocca seems to confirm this. Lets hope!  It seems I'm not alone. I've probably spent four hours on the phone over the past three months using FCCs and more this luggage tag issue. 

@uktog, a nice Atlas Bar menu cocktail if I don't buy the Ultimate Package will do just fine🙂

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RW75 said:

I called at 1500 today, was speaking to a US agent in less than five minutes. 

All of the ladies in reservations are a huge asset whom are always very helpful.

That's interesting. I rang at 11.30. Was that the existing reservations, options 3 1 3?

Phil

Sorry, should have said. Option 3 then 2 for new booking. Was calling to make a balance payment. Not sure if selecting the option for making a new booking actually results in a quicker response time, in the past I’ve had waits of up to ninety minutes regardless of selected option. 
Did ask the question in the past and was told it makes no difference to whom the call goes, regardless of selection.  Possibly that will change with more staff to take calls. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RW75 said:

Sorry, should have said. Option 3 then 2 for new booking. Was calling to make a balance payment. Not sure if selecting the option for making a new booking actually results in a quicker response time, in the past I’ve had waits of up to ninety minutes regardless of selected option. 
Did ask the question in the past and was told it makes no difference to whom the call goes, regardless of selection.  Possibly that will change with more staff to take calls. 

Thank you!  I'll give that a try next time. 

Phil 

This thread was interesting to me. I am looking at my first Azamara cruise and had a couple of questions. I've messaged twice via contact us on their website over the past 7 days and had no response whatsoever. I was wondering if this was typical when I found this thread. I don't want to move forward if they are typically unresponsive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Belinda12345 said:

This thread was interesting to me. I am looking at my first Azamara cruise and had a couple of questions. I've messaged twice via contact us on their website over the past 7 days and had no response whatsoever. I was wondering if this was typical when I found this thread. I don't want to move forward if they are typically unresponsive.

I’ve found contacting loyalty appears to best option, I’ve had many issues regarding FCC’s and found loyalty will reply and deal with issues that aren’t strictly within their remit.  Off the top of my head I’m sure loyalty@azamara.com is the email. Moving forward I believe the whole communication issue will change for the better.   Feel sure someone will offer you better or more pointed advice.

Without wishing to sound like an Azamara apologist, I do rather feel a lot of communication issues are caused by the IT still being tied in with RCCL.

I did speak with someone whom was able to search mail boxes and found an email that had been sent a long time ago and would have circumnavigated a couple of issues I’d had.  Unfortunately the email was sat in an unmonitored mailbox unseen. 
You will find varied, yet, accurate responses here, please do ask any questions. There is a huge wealth of knowledge and much more entertaining than being on hold for an hour. 

• Like 1

Have tried calling Azamara a few times but no one answering their phones. So, we completed the online form to buy the Experience More package for our cruise. States someone will call back within 24 hrs for payment. That was 3 days ago, not heard a thing. 

Business must be great at Azamara if they cannot be bothered calling folk for payments.

Edited by Cruiser6270
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cruiser6270 said:

Have tried calling Azamara a few times but no one answering their phones. So, we completed the online form to buy the Experience More package for our cruise. States someone will call back within 24 hrs for payment. That was 3 days ago, not heard a thing. 

Business must be great at Azamara if they cannot be bothered calling folk for payments.

Same here, they really should be able to offer the transaction online, especially if they don't answer the phone.

19 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

Same here, they really should be able to offer the transaction online, especially if they don't answer the phone.

Remember this is still the Royal Caribbean system and I can’t see them making any changes for Azamara now, hopefully when we get Azamara’s new system online sometime next year a lot of these shortcomings will be resolved.

22 hours ago, federalexpress said:

Well, finally got through this morning, after hours of wasted time, holding on previous days. Said I'd completed the online form 5 days earlier but had heard nothing. Rep explained they're inundated with calls at the mo, and emails are having to take a back seat. Looks like perseverance is the answer.

3 hours ago, Cruiser6270 said:

Well, finally got through this morning, after hours of wasted time, holding on previous days. Said I'd completed the online form 5 days earlier but had heard nothing. Rep explained they're inundated with calls at the mo, and emails are having to take a back seat. Looks like perseverance is the answer.

OK useful to know. Maybe they had some short term issue on a forthcoming cruise to resolve. Or maybe business is flying.