What RCCL cruises require a booster?

jerick

Are you looking at cruises to Europe? My understanding is that to be up-to-date in the EU you last shot of original vaccination serious must be less than 270 days.  If not you need a booster.   Not sure if Royal is enforcing this.

16 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Are you looking at cruises to Europe? My understanding is that to be up-to-date in the EU you last shot of original vaccination serious must be less than 270 days.  If not you need a booster.   Not sure if Royal is enforcing this.

Does the booster need to be within the last 270 days also?  Has mine about 266 days ago and due to sail in 10 days, sailing from Barcelona.

HELP PLEASE~ We do not want to get to Rome and find out we are wrong - I have read the RCL page for TA vaccines from Europe and I read it that IIF you have received your complete vaccines (270 days) and IF you are boosted it does NOT matter when you did get the booster - RIGHT? My TA spoke to her BDM at Royal this morning and she is stating that IF it has been more than 270 since your booster you must boost again?
For Transatlantic Cruises Departing from Europe
All Royal Caribbean guests age 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing.
Each guest's regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated,
Guests who are up to date on their vaccination will have more time to complete their pre-cruise test. For guests to be considered "up to date" per the European Medicines Agency (EMA), they must meet following requirements:
1. You received your final dose in your original two-dose vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson) no more than 9 months (270 days) ago, or a booster dose. Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster. Children who have received one dose (unless Johnson & Johnson) do not count as fully vaccinated.
FROM THEIR OWN WEBSITE

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Depends on whether you believe your TA/RCI rep or posters here and the plain language reading of RCI's web site.

I believe their website but why would my TA's Royal's BDM tell her differently than stated the website - either one or the other is correct - Royal again proves to be consecutively confusing

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Depends on whether you believe your TA/RCI rep or posters here and the plain language reading of RCI's web site.

Agree. The way I read it, and what we were told for our April TA cruise, though we were already boosted,  if regular vaccine dosage more than 270 days you need a booster.  No question of needing a booster if booster more than 270 days before.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Esahuma said:

I believe their website but why would my TA's Royal's BDM tell her differently than stated the website - either one or the other is correct - Royal again proves to be consecutively confusing

Inexperience and defaulting to the most restrictive option might be one of several reasons some CSRs provide incorrect answers.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

I think some people are corn-fused with the terms, "fully vaccinated" and "up-to-date".  They have two separate meanings.  Fully vaccinated, according to the CDC is the first two shots or the single Johnson's and Johnson's.  Up-to-date, the first two or single + all available boosters.  

• Like 1