Seapass

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

New to Celebrity. I understand seapass will be available outside room and not handed out at embarkation. How soon after we go through embarkation and board ship will the pass be available? I am going to want my first beer at lunch!

24 minutes ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

New to Celebrity. I understand seapass will be available outside room and not handed out at embarkation. How soon after we go through embarkation and board ship will the pass be available? I am going to want my first beer at lunch!

Just returned from Apex and sea pass cards were available immediately upon getting to the cabin.

1 hour ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

I just completed my first cruise this month, so just to put things in noob terms: once you board and physically visit your muster station (part of the Celebrity app check-in process), you can then go directly to your cabin. There, you will find a sealed envelope containing your SeaPass(es) tucked behind the room-number slot outside of your door. That spot serves as your onboard "mailbox" throughout your cruise for daily updates, notices, etc.

After you snag your card(s), the Celebrity app will help you find the bars/restaurants open at that time.

Hope you have a blast!

cjr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CNSfromHI said:

I just completed my first cruise this month, so just to put things in noob terms: once you board and physically visit your muster station (part of the Celebrity app check-in process), you can then go directly to your cabin.

If boarding early enough, there may not yet be anyone at the muster station to check you in.  We boarded early (11:30) for our last cruises, and completed muster check-in after lunch.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Actually, you can (and should) go to your cabin first.

Correct!  They will scan your sea pass at the Muster Station.  Plus, it is so wonderful to drop carry-ones in the stateroom, lock valuables in the safe and then wander unencumbered!

• Like 1

We were instructed to visit our muster station first, where staff awaited us. I thought we did this beforehand, but perhaps we grabbed our SeaPasses first... I don't remember now.

Regardless, I didn't mean to shift this thread from the OP's actual questions...

cjr

Edited by CNSfromHI

5 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

We were instructed to visit our muster station first, where staff awaited us.

cjr

Yet again the inconsistency. . . We were told to get our sea passes and go to the muster station.  We checked in during the 11:00-11:30 window, but boarded after testing and waiting for results (on a TA leaving Barcelona last October so testing done at the port) so that may have been a factor.

Edited by bama4cruisin

Just now, bama4cruisin said:

Yet again the inconsistency. . . We were told to get our sea passes and go to the muster station.  We checked in during the 11:00-11:3o window, but after testing and waiting for results (on a TA leaving Barcelona last October so testing done at the port) so that may have been a factor.

Yeah, I can't comment about that @bama4cruisin since we had to provide proof of proctored COVID-19 tests taken within 48 hours before we could even board.

Again, I think my wife and I visited our muster station after boarding but before we visited our cabin. There were actually two staff members at that station and they crossed us off on a paper list/clipboard -- no SeaPass scanning.

Anyway, it doesn't matter for the purposes of this OP's initial question, but thanks,

cjr

You are invited to go to your room immediately and drop things off.  They ask you to allow the room attendant complete setting up you room by remaining in the public area after picking up your seapass.    

BTW if you don't want to wait to go to your room before you order a drink you can just show your express pass until you have your card. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

I just completed my first cruise this month, so just to put things in noob terms: once you board and physically visit your muster station (part of the Celebrity app check-in process), you can then go directly to your cabin. There, you will find a sealed envelope containing your SeaPass(es) tucked behind the room-number slot outside of your door. That spot serves as your onboard "mailbox" throughout your cruise for daily updates, notices, etc.

After you snag your card(s), the Celebrity app will help you find the bars/restaurants open at that time.

Hope you have a blast!

cjr

Muster has a "compete by X:00" time associated with it (sometime around 2:00, I think).  You can check in there well after that first (or third) drink and after lunch.  

I asked my wife last night about the "order" of how we boarded during our recent cruise, i.e., muster-station first or room first. She said we hit the muster-spot first and then went to our stateroom, which the Celebrity app instructed us to do.

As I've indicated, we were new to the whole thing. More than likely, we just wanted to complete the check-in process so we could then wander about, find that first adult beverage, a spot to decompress, etc.

Regardless, our embarkation experience was quick and efficient, and I hope that's the norm for Celebrity and for everyone reading this.

cjr

20 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

I asked my wife last night about the "order" of how we boarded during our recent cruise, i.e., muster-station first or room first. She said we hit the muster-spot first and then went to our stateroom, which the Celebrity app instructed us to do.

We were led *directly* to our cabin for carry-on drop off.

I noted that you earlier indicated that your process was still using the paper/checkbox method of tallying muster station arrivals.

For some reason, I'm recollecting that our last check-in at muster was done electronically (iPad?) with a card scan, though I couldn't swear to it.  

Might explain the difference. 

1 hour ago, CNSfromHI said:

As I've indicated, we were new to the whole thing. More than likely, we just wanted to complete the check-in process so we could then wander about, find that first adult beverage, a spot to decompress, etc.

Regardless, our embarkation experience was quick and efficient, and I hope that's the norm for Celebrity and for everyone reading this.

cjr

This is only a curiosity question . . . Which ship we you on?  

On 9/25/2022 at 2:24 PM, canderson said:

If boarding early enough, there may not yet be anyone at the muster station to check you in.  We boarded early (11:30) for our last cruises, and completed muster check-in after lunch.

We boarded the Reflection at 11:15am last month in Rome and the sea passes were waiting at our door when we went directly to our cabin. We didn't report to our muster station until later in the afternoon after we had our lunch in Luminae.