COVID Requirement's for Canada

CTCcruiserr

39 minutes ago, benthere1977 said:

its right at the bottom:

Please note that on September 26 Transport Canada announced that it is removing its COVID-19 requirements for cruise guests to enter the country effective for cruises October 1 and beyond. Visitors are also no longer required to upload their information into the ArriveCAN app. Thus, our protocols for cruises including Canada are now the same as the standard in the United States, United Kingdom & Europe (this excludes any Enhanced Guidelines Voyages).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shof515 said:

its right at the bottom:

Please note that on September 26 Transport Canada announced that it is removing its COVID-19 requirements for cruise guests to enter the country effective for cruises October 1 and beyond. Visitors are also no longer required to upload their information into the ArriveCAN app. Thus, our protocols for cruises including Canada are now the same as the standard in the United States, United Kingdom & Europe (this excludes any Enhanced Guidelines Voyages).

Nice.  What's keeping NCL?  Too busy working the tail end of the great hashbrown shortage?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This is my favorite link so far:

COVID-19: Cruise ship travel requirements – Travel.gc.ca

Am I delighted?  YES!!  Am I still checking NCL's website to finally see it official for my upcoming cruise?  YES!!  It's like Christmas except we've waited two and a half years for it to finally arrive.

I feel this way too!! And no masks on airlines! Yay! (I live in Canada.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MyTMo777 said:

I feel this way too!! And no masks on airlines! Yay! (I live in Canada.)

It is still highly recommended.  

I have a flight on the 28th so one more day of this.  I suspect the flight crew will likely go through the motions. 

13 hours ago, CTCcruiserr said:

Why does Norwegian still require Covid testing for Canada sailings when Canada has dropped that requirement for fully vaccinated cruisers .  All Canada now requires is the ArrineCAN certificates.

NCL will set their protocols as they see fit. NCL required 100% vaccinations when that was never "required" by the CDC and only recently relaxed that rule. Testing is good and keeps active COVID off ships. 

23 hours ago, CTCcruiserr said:

Canada has dropped that requirement for fully vaccinated cruisers

Canada has not 'dropped' (past tense) covid testing requirements for cruise passengers. They announced that they will drop (future tense) those requirements as of Oct 1st. 

I'm not trying to argue semantics, just pointing out that your question is based on an incorrect premise. 

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL will set their protocols as they see fit. NCL required 100% vaccinations when that was never "required" by the CDC and only recently relaxed that rule. Testing is good and keeps active COVID off ships. 

If testing is good and keeps active Covid off ships, why are people getting Covid on the ships? Testing proves that at that specific time of the test, you may be negative. Once the test is over and the results are done, you are very able to contact Covid. Proven fact if you read all the info.

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

If testing is good and keeps active Covid off ships, why are people getting Covid on the ships? Testing proves that at that specific time of the test, you may be negative. Once the test is over and the results are done, you are very able to contact Covid. Proven fact if you read all the info.

The question should be how many people cancel after testing positive w/in the 2 days of embarkation. Those are the people you are keeping off the ship.  You know that. Let's not play games.

Edited by BirdTravels

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The question should be how many people cancel after testing positive w/in the 2 days of embarkation. Those are the people you are keeping off the ship.  You know that. Let's not play games.

So, ask the question and provide an answer.

There is no one answer. 

• Like 1