To Covid or not to Covid that is the question? Canada

mscdivina2016

I would suggest sending an e-mail to corporate.  I believe the address is vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com.  The woman's name is Katty Byrd.

Ask your specific question.  I have found they generally reply within a day or so.  This way you'll have a written response from NCL to show if you have any problem.

I had gotten help from their office last year when there were questions about Bermuda's protocols.

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, goldmom said:

I would suggest sending an e-mail to corporate.  I believe the address is vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com.  The woman's name is Katty Byrd.

Ask your specific question.  I have found they generally reply within a day or so.  This way you'll have a written response from NCL to show if you have any problem.

I had gotten help from their office last year when there were questions about Bermuda's protocols.

Good luck!

Thanks.

I just emailed.

I figured the letter lost in thought got might be the standard not updated canned one every one gets.

Will post if I get a response.

2 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Thanks.

I just emailed.

I figured the letter lost in thought got might be the standard not updated canned one every one gets.

Will post if I get a response.

Fingers crossed for a quick response.  Will appreciate hearing anything you find out.

4 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

As of a few minutes ago NCLs website is not saying anything different yet.

We fly into Canada on Saturday. Cost of test is $110 each.

I don't want to call as we know how that would be.

What would you do?

Just an extra option for you to consider: rapid test kits are free in all major pharmacies in Vancouver, you basically go get one of those yourself, and use very cheap telehealth services that video calls with you to see you do that test on yourself. They will then send you a certified test result in pdf within 15-30 minutes. Cost is around 25 dollars per person. Link: https://www.medionerx.com/covid-19-testing/telehealth-virtual-rapid-testing/#have

Edited by danny6514

Canadian government site says nothing required as of October 1st. Norwegian hasn't updated because it just became official and that takes some time but they are only passing on the information from those countries and specifically say traveler is responsible to know requirements for destinations. My mother is on cruise ending in Canada later in October and I have been following since her internet skill set involves watching sports and playing candy crush. Saw the "leak" stories couple weeks back and the "official" announcements two days ago  so I went to government site to confirm. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions

We sailed 9/11 and did the test through NCL at $45 each.  Things are changing daily.  Those that did not test ahead of time were brought to the side to take the retest and wait for results.  This was Seattle but we had a stop in Canada.  It would be nice if they eliminate it though. 

21 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

NCL Just updated the site.

Still need covid test and arrivecan. 

Oh well. Not a big deal.

Be patient. NCL will change it shortly. I  saw on the Oceania board that they just released an email announcing the end of the ArriveCAN and testing requirements. Oceania's website hasn't yet been updated either.

The NCL website (link below) states there is no testing or vax requirement...UNLESS COUNTRY REQUIREMENTS DIFFER.  Until 10/1, Canada will differ.  However, on or after that, they will not have the test/vax requirements so I take that to mean no need to test.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe?intcmp=pdt_sl_SAILSAFEVAC

Edited by phillygwm

2 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

The NCL website (link below) states there is no testing or vax requirement...UNLESS COUNTRY REQUIREMENTS DIFFER.  Until 10/1, Canada will differ.  However, on or after that, they will not have the test/vax requirements so I take that to mean no need to test.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe?intcmp=pdt_sl_SAILSAFEVAC

They have now updated their Canada requirements page.

• Like 1