shuttle from FCO to Civitavecchia

spunks

38 minutes ago, tj&3littlecuties said:

Thank you.  Just booked a shared shuttle from the port to the airport for our departure.  Hope all goes well.  This takes the worry out of making the flight...  Very reasonable 69 euros for 2 people.

We had booked romefiumicinotransfer for this morning from Civitavecchia to the centre of Rome, shared shuttle at 69e for two. We had an emailed voucher that said "confirmed" and "approved". However, yesterday evening we got an email that "unfortunately, due to lack of demand, only a private transfer for 130e is now available, is this ok for you?" No big deal, we opted for the private transfer and the driver was timely and brought us to our destination. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Try Rome Cabs, they are excellent and their service is the best.

Easy to communicate with, use your Cruise Critic Roll Call to organize a group transfer if you want to lower the price...best way to have a mindless experience!

On 10/9/2022 at 8:03 AM, little britain said:

We always use Civitavecchiacabservice 

Have you used their shared service?  If so, did you have to wait a long time?

Also will they drop you at a hotel near the port or is it a set drop off location that can't be changed (in Civit)?  On the website it lists the airport or port as options.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Have you used their shared service?  If so, did you have to wait a long time?

Also will they drop you at a hotel near the port or is it a set drop off location that can't be changed (in Civit)?  On the website it lists the airport or port as options.

Thanks.

They always drop me at my hotel in Civ. 
We had a shared shuttle booked once but the other party never showed! 

On 9/28/2022 at 8:15 AM, Ine said:

Have a look at: https://www.romefiumicinotransfer.com/

They offer private transportation but also shared transportation. 

Back from our cruise. The company I mentioned above did a great job. Kept us informed about the pick up time. At first it was just us and later an australian couple joined us to the transport to Civitavecchia. Nice driver, good car. 

On 10/23/2022 at 8:54 AM, Ine said:

Back from our cruise. The company I mentioned above did a great job. Kept us informed about the pick up time. At first it was just us and later an australian couple joined us to the transport to Civitavecchia. Nice driver, good car. 

Hello Ine, Can you tell me where the drivers meet passengers for the shared service? RFT only offers shared service from Fiumicino town (to Civi town or port). As we arrive at FCO in the morning we plan to go straight to a hotel in Civitavecchia and stay there the 2 nights before the cruise. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Hello Ine, Can you tell me where the drivers meet passengers for the shared service? RFT only offers shared service from Fiumicino town (to Civi town or port). As we arrive at FCO in the morning we plan to go straight to a hotel in Civitavecchia and stay there the 2 nights before the cruise. Thank you!

Since we stayed in an airporthotel the 1st night (we arrived at  night in Rome), they picked us up the next morning at the hotel to transport us to Civitavecchia. According their website they also offer transportation from the airport to the port. When we booked for the shared transport we got a kind of confirmation, with the remark they needed more passengers to make it a shared transport. Within a few days we got the definitive confirmation with the pickup time. Probably  because it now is more or less low season it might be more difficult to have more passengers  to share the ride? Ask them about it again!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ine said:

Since we stayed in an airporthotel the 1st night (we arrived at  night in Rome), they picked us up the next morning at the hotel to transport us to Civitavecchia. According their website they also offer transportation from the airport to the port. When we booked for the shared transport we got a kind of confirmation, with the remark they needed more passengers to make it a shared transport. Within a few days we got the definitive confirmation with the pickup time. Probably  because it now is more or less low season it might be more difficult to have more passengers  to share the ride? Ask them about it again!

We booked NS April 29th. 2023. So, low season will be over by then 😉 Whatever I try, no possibility to book a shared transportation from the FCO. As you suggest, I will ask them. 

1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

We booked NS April 29th. 2023. So, low season will be over by then 😉 Whatever I try, no possibility to book a shared transportation from the FCO. As you suggest, I will ask them. 

Maybe April 2023 is too far out for them?

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...