Price of Rudi's -- has there been a change?

crystalspin

Just noticed in the Mariner Society Rewards for 4* and 5*:

"25% Discount of $49.00 per person surcharge in Rudi’s Sel De Mer fleetwide."

$49 is 75% of $65, but my pre-booking price for Rudy's is showing as $47.20, only slightly more than the PG at $46, although Rudi's is not included in the 3* discountable specialty restaurants, nor the complimentary restaurants in the current HIA.

I've even read that the $47.20 includes the 18% service charge...

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Just noticed in the Mariner Society Rewards for 4* and 5*:

"25% Discount of $49.00 per person surcharge in Rudi’s Sel De Mer fleetwide."

$49 is 75% of $65, but my pre-booking price for Rudy's is showing as $47.20, only slightly more than the PG at $46, although Rudi's is not included in the 3* discountable specialty restaurants, nor the complimentary restaurants in the current HIA.

I've even read that the $47.20 includes the 18% service charge...

The price went up, then down, then up from what I can see.  When I was on the koningsdam in March I paid the $65 or whatever before the discount. I “think” that included the 18%.  A couple months back I started a thread saying that the price had gone down the the $47.20 including the service charge.  I booked 2 reservations for my next cruise.  When I looked at my app the price was up again.  I should have booked more with the “sale” 😛.

• Thanks 1

I just got the info from the Pinnacle Grill supervisor on Nieuw Amsterdam tonight. There are no more pop up Rudi’s on any of the ships as of October 1st. ☹️  There will only be the stand alone Rudi’s on the Pinnacle class shops now.  Bummer.    ~Nancy 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, albingirl said:

$91.00.  I am really starting to wonder if it's worth it, after all you've paid to embark in the first place.

That’s for 2 though so knowledge  is everything.  It is a fair bit especially when you see the Canadian conversion.  I never used to be a fan of the sel de mer stand alone restaurants but it’s my favourite now.  It’s a 1000 x better than the pinnacle.

I like it alot too.  The sole is out of this world.  But, again, the pricing is reasonable for a land restaurant, to be sure, but sometimes I draw the line when cruising.  Really depends on all over pricing, including gratuities and so on. It is a treat though, I agree.

4 minutes ago, albingirl said:

I like it alot too.  The sole is out of this world.  But, again, the pricing is reasonable for a land restaurant, to be sure, but sometimes I draw the line when cruising.  Really depends on all over pricing, including gratuities and so on. It is a treat though, I agree.

I hear you.  I have a fair bit of obc this time, most of it non refundable.  If it came directly out of my pocket, I would definitely think about it more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We, like you, have a lot of OBC on top of the HIA package on our Zaandam B2Bs in December/January and were planning to spend some on a Rudi's pop-up.  Sounds like that won't be happening.  Wonder if any of the other specialty evening dinners (e.g., PG Gala, Cellar Masters, etc.) will still be around? 

1 hour ago, Loreto said:

I thought we would try Sel de Mer on our November coastal cruise on the Koningsdam, but will wait til on board to book and get a 5* discount.

Let us know what you pay. This thread started with the observation that the Mariner Society chart says "25% Discount of $49.00 per person surcharge in Rudi’s Sel De Mer fleetwide." Stating that the discounted price is greater than the pre-sailng price.

19 hours ago, oakridger said:

There are no more pop up Rudi’s on any of the ships as of October 1st. ☹️  There will only be the stand alone Rudi’s on the Pinnacle class shops now.  Bummer.  

That is definitely not good news for anyone who cares about a quality dining experience.  Regardless of the price, Rudi's has been consistently excellent in cuisine and service whether it as on a Pinnacle Class ship or as a pop-up.

I wonder what Seattle "genius" made this decision?  And, did the individual ever experience and compare a pop-up with the stand alone facility?  

I’m on the First day of the second leg of my B2B on Nieuw Amsterdam. The Pinnacle called my room to tell me that my Rudi’s for next week was no more and did I want to book a Pinnacle Grill dinner on this segment. I went to Pinnacle last night and the food  and service was very good!  I had the halibut. Lobster bisque was better than the time I had it many years ago!  Only niggle is next time I’ll ask for hotter soup. It was just above being too cool for me, but I didn’t send it back. I’ll be proactive next time because it tasted great!     ~Nancy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1