Formal Nights on the Moon

chrism23

I will be on the moon in January-February.  I have had 8 SS cruises, 2 expeditions with no real dress code, 6 with the standard dress code and Formal nights.  I am trying to find out what nights will be Formal Nights on the Moon.  I like to go  to La Dame in a tux, just a thing.  I am making restaurant reservations on the activities page now and I can't find a place where Formal nights are identified.  Anyone know where?  Or should I just wait and see whether it pops up or not.  Thanks

2 hours ago, chrism23 said:

I will be on the moon in January-February.  I have had 8 SS cruises, 2 expeditions with no real dress code, 6 with the standard dress code and Formal nights.  I am trying to find out what nights will be Formal Nights on the Moon.  I like to go  to La Dame in a tux, just a thing.  I am making restaurant reservations on the activities page now and I can't find a place where Formal nights are identified.  Anyone know where?  Or should I just wait and see whether it pops up or not.  Thanks

Normally they will put a bow tie symbol either above or below the date on the daily calendar in my.silversea to mark the formal nights, one of which is usually on the second night of the voyage.  I think they do this closer to the departure date, so you may not see the bow tie symbols yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Didn't show up at all on my last one.🙄

I have not seen those dinner icons on any of mine.......that has been 6 cruises since last summer's restart.  

• Thanks 1

Hmm, I guess this is another area of inconsistency with Silversea.  Below is a screenshot of what it would look like on my.silversea if they decided to add the formal nights to your activities calendar for your particular voyage (formal night is in Palma in this example):

May be an image of text that says 'DAYS Wed 02 Nov Barcelona DA Thu 03 Nov Palma de Mallorca Fri 04 Valen AT SEA AT SE'

Edited by CruzinFeraBruzin
  • Like 2

Well I’ve decided my old Harvie and Hudson detachable collar dress bib shirt needs retiring and I’ve been looking for months for a replacement but to no avail.It seems the whole of Jermyn street has been bought out by internetty type businesses. I Only go to London under gunpoint these days. Can anyone suggest where I might find a true old fashioned, detachable collar, starched bib evening shirt, preferably online but if not by visiting the Capital if I Must? All this talk of Formal nights has filled my soul with dread of the thought of having to turn up in something by M&S. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

All this talk of Formal nights has filled my soul with dread of the thought of having to turn up in something by M&S. 

Surely you could go  bespoke ....  and lo and behold ....   Harvie and Hudson DELIVER  !  Push those  M&S  thoughts out of your  head !!

https://www.harvieandhudson.com/evening-shirts

FREE UK DELIVERY WHEN YOU SPEND OVER £150 

Can  we have a Hallelujah  😊

3 hours ago, chrism23 said:

Fort Myers.  I hope you guys are ok.  If there Ian must have been hell.  

Hi everyone,

Yes we are fine.

We lived in Cape Coral for 25 years in a water front home.

5 years ago we decided to move inland to get away from hurricane issues.

We made a good decision.

We now live in a gated community in Estero on the East side of Interstate 75.

Hurricane Ian was a major wind event.

Major damage to bushes, trees, etc.

No damage to house except for several missing roof ridge caps.

We never lost power.

Water was out for 2 days (still under boil water notice).

Cable and internet was out for 2 days.

Cell service was out for 4 days.

Everything is slowly returning to normal.

Thanks for thinking about us.

Bob & Terry

17 minutes ago, Ravbo said:

Hi everyone,

Yes we are fine.

We lived in Cape Coral for 25 years in a water front home.

5 years ago we decided to move inland to get away from hurricane issues.

We made a good decision.

We now live in a gated community in Estero on the East side of Interstate 75.

Hurricane Ian was a major wind event.

Major damage to bushes, trees, etc.

No damage to house except for several missing roof ridge caps.

We never lost power.

Water was out for 2 days (still under boil water notice).

Cable and internet was out for 2 days.

Cell service was out for 4 days.

Everything is slowly returning to normal.

Thanks for thinking about us.

Bob & Terry

Hi Bob and Terry, that was probably the best move you ever made! Glad you are ok........so many folks were not as fortunate.......the pictures/videos look horrific...........actually looks like homes and businesses were flattened into nothing..........

Looks like we are sailing on the Dawn together in January! 😀

14 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Surely you could go  bespoke ....  and lo and behold ....   Harvie and Hudson DELIVER  !  Push those  M&S  thoughts out of your  head !!

https://www.harvieandhudson.com/evening-shirts

FREE UK DELIVERY WHEN YOU SPEND OVER £150 

Can  we have a Hallelujah  😊

Haha, It’s something extremely specific I’m looking for Rojaan. It’s the extremely old fashioned kind of dress shirt that seems to have disappeared. H&H don’t do them anymore, they are something completely different now. I’ve had a couple of tailored dress shirts made but they technically aren’t correct. Luckily a wonderful member of the cooler has pointed me in the direction of the perfect shirt. https://www.buddshirts.co.uk/classic-fit-plain-stiff-bib-neckband-double-cuff-dress-shirt-in-white.html 

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Bob and Terry, that was probably the best move you ever made! Glad you are ok........so many folks were not as fortunate.......the pictures/videos look horrific...........actually looks like homes and businesses were flattened into nothing..........

Looks like we are sailing on the Dawn together in January! 😀

I’m glad you weathered the storm Lois. I Was thinking of you.

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2022 at 7:23 PM, Daveywavey70 said:

Well I’ve decided my old Harvie and Hudson detachable collar dress bib shirt needs retiring and I’ve been looking for months for a replacement but to no avail.It seems the whole of Jermyn street has been bought out by internetty type businesses. I Only go to London under gunpoint these days. Can anyone suggest where I might find a true old fashioned, detachable collar, starched bib evening shirt, preferably online but if not by visiting the Capital if I Must? All this talk of Formal nights has filled my soul with dread of the thought of having to turn up in something by M&S. 

Hi Davey.Any travel plans ?

15 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I’m glad you weathered the storm Lois. I Was thinking of you.

i

Hi Capri, I hope you are both well. Daz sends his love. I’ve been working on an epic plan for January, Thailand, Elephant Hills, Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Danang, Hoi An, Hue then onto Honk Kong and join the Spirit down the Vietnamese coast and onto Singapore. That was until I found out that having an ecig in Thailand and Cambodia carries a 5 year prison sentence! I’m currently weighing up wether to do more Vietnam before the cruise instead or to scrap it completely and go elsewhere. Angkor Wat was one of the biggest draws and leaves a big gap on the itinerary. Have you plans coming up yourself? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Hi Capri, I hope you are both well. Daz sends his love. I’ve been working on an epic plan for January, Thailand, Elephant Hills, Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Danang, Hoi An, Hue then onto Honk Kong and join the Spirit down the Vietnamese coast and onto Singapore. That was until I found out that having an ecig in Thailand and Cambodia carries a 5 year prison sentence! I’m currently weighing up wether to do more Vietnam before the cruise instead or to scrap it completely and go elsewhere. Angkor Wat was one of the biggest draws and leaves a big gap on the itinerary. Have you plans coming up yourself? 

no plans just got back from a Taulk tour that was awful.It was a credit from 2019 that we had to use.It was suppose to be a River cruise but that did not work out.We had to use the credit or loose it.I am getting hesitate about booking anything at this point.

39 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

no plans just got back from a Taulk tour that was awful.It was a credit from 2019 that we had to use.It was suppose to be a River cruise but that did not work out.We had to use the credit or loose it.I am getting hesitate about booking anything at this point.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure I'm keen on this "new normal" either. It wont stop me from getting out there and enjoying the world as best I can though. I Hope you have better luck in the future!