Elite and suite check in line

skidroe

3 minutes ago, skidroe said:

Is there still a separate check in line for Elies and suite passengers ?

There was on my first post-pause cruise.  I would expect they still do that.  Since I've been in the wheelchair I use the handicapped line, but I used to appreciate the Elite line when I used it.

5 minutes ago, skidroe said:

There was no elite check in on my last two cruises from Southampton. The only preference was being guided to security after the check in, so fairly pointless. You still had to stand in the long queues outside first.

I travelled in March and May this year.

• Like 1

donno about S D but, S F & L A yes ....

on a side note   .."  FL - yes.  Civitavecchia - yes.  Copenhagen - yes."   I see what ya did there . Clever very,  clever indeed.

Edited by c-boy

In Brooklyn in August, a rep tried to direct me to a long line of people waiting to check in. After waiting five and a half hours in the airport for the shuttle bus, I did not want to stand in that long line. I asked her if there was a separate line for priority. She directed me to one that had three people ahead of me. I was checked in and on board the ship in less than 15 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prior to covid, even tiny ports like Orkney Island (scotland) had a separate ship entrance for suites and elite.  Since that is one of the big perks for paying the big bucks for a suite, I can't imagine they would not have it.

You often have to let the port guy know you are in a suite or elite. At one port on a rainy day, the port guys were collecting the Princess umbrellas so people couldn't take them into town.  He tried to take ours, but when we told him we were in a suite, he apologized and gave it back to us.