Observations From the Poop Deck Seashore October

morpheusofthesea

9 hours ago, mafig said:

"Still a trick to get to YC tent to unload bags."  What we did last time was keep our bags with us while we parked and then looked for the tent.  It was a pain to do, though.  I know you bring a lot of luggage.

Is it parking garage C for Seashore.?  Why do  you think the garage was so full by 9 AM?  Possibly people had not left yet?

The YC tent is right in front of the entrance to Terminal C.But a traffic person was only letting taxis to go straight. I disregarded and went around him right up to the tent. I spoke to Clarence the porter at the YC tent and he walked over to traffic person to advise him to allow YC card through. Not many knew to take the taxi lane direct to the YC tent. I posted a video on my posting last month from our cabin of a bus using this taxi lane right by the YC tent. No way we could handle DW’s 12 bags from the garage C across the street. People were still leaving at 9am. Yes parking garage C.

• Like 1

Still cannot upload pictures this morning at 7 am. Could not up load last night at 11 pm so took the plunge and upgraded to browse and stream for two devices for $56 and still could not .  Contrary to reports chocolate ships are being made on board the Seashore. Was told they are milk chocolate but they have some dark mixed in. They also have never before seen (by us) white chocolate boats. Will request from our butler our complimentary boats to be white.

IMG_2226.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Thanks. I said the same thing to my DW. Now you know why we need so many towels. To cover the furniture after we spray it with lysol fabric spray.

IMG_1774.jpeg

Surely this is tongue in cheek? Do you also enrobe yourself in these towels when you go out and about?

Instead I suggest a hazmat suit. And a respirator. 

Covid and many other nasty germs and viruses are ubiquitous even on a cruise ship, and quite frankly, perhaps more so. All of those people touching the rails in the passageways, the elevators, the utensils in the buffet line at the one pool, I could go on and on. 

• Like 1

New Cruise Director Keri. At the start of last nights Madison Theatre performance of Gravity, which by the way, was a bit different. the song and dance routines were quite the same, but the acts were different, or performed by different contortionists; but the CD exclaimed that she is now the very first female "American" CD ever hired by MSC. Liked her presentation of the dozen of her staff that performed a 'short' rendition of "YMCA" instead of searching the audience for the oldest married couple (like to maintain a 'low profile') or the most newly married.

Here is information I think is very timely and new as of last months cruise. 'Pumping'   for information of everyone we come in contact with that works on board have discovered that MSC corporate has been changing the menus fleet wide in the dining rooms. Tonight is Gala Night and here will be our menu tonight in the YC. Please compare the YC menu (printed front and dessert on back of menu) with the MDR Gala night menu.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:52 AM, kwokpot said:

That's not a good thing. Chicken pox is highly contagious. 

It is highly contagious if one has never contracted it. If you had a good, solid case of it as a kid, you've little to no concern. Additionally, many adults who HAVE had it in childhood received the Varicella vaccine, and are protected more.

Edited by AviationInScale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AviationInScale said:

It is highly contagious if one has never contracted it. If you had a good, solid case of it as a kid, you've little to no concern. Additionally, many adults who HAVE had it in childhood received the Varicella vaccine, and are protected more.

We really fretted about it just days before the cruise. But now that we on board the concern has waned. Thank you. So far so good. Having a fabulous time. Service is the best it has ever been.

9 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We really fretted about it just days before the cruise. But now that we on board the concern has waned. Thank you. So far so good. Having a fabulous time. Service is the best it has ever been.

Thats great! Have a wonderful time, enjoying your Poop Deck Observations.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Match Game 72 said:

Thank you for posting the menus. I'm hopeful that the MDR menus have changed for the better based on what you posted. They were a little lean as cruising restarted.

We find the MDR menus are just about on par with the YC menus. A huge plus for mainstream cruisers. MSC has also given the YC guests some additional perks that are really appreciated. All in all it is a win-win situation for all of us.

• Like 2

Recent reports of cutbacks or running out of soap or toilet paper are completely UNFOUNDED. I was going to have DW pack a roll of Scott's one ply for this trip with all the postings on social media. (we left the roll at home). When w got in the cabin I took photos of 6 bars of unwrapped soap, toilet tissue rolls in the bath drawers as well as boxes of tissues, 8 tubes of various lotions and conditioners, towels galore and a bottle of Alta Langa (extra brut) on ice (the good stuff). Fully stocked mini bar. Sorry uploading will have to wait til we get home. The one thing really lacking is this internet. I took a photo of the MSC login stating "No connectivity available at the moment". Lucky if I can post text. Have just learned to 'copy and paste' every posting before pressing 'submit'.

56 minutes ago, travelwide said:

MSC has also given the YC guests some additional perks that are really appreciated.

What are the additional perks?

can you find out who is YC director  and Hotel Director on Seascape. Love your review.

Yannis is Hotel Director and Ronnie Sherrif is YC. YC perks are really only one, but was told in confidence so let us just say it will be appreciated by YCers.

20 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

But a traffic person was only letting taxis to go straight. I disregarded and went around him right up to the tent.

This was my issue when I sailed on Meraviglia.  The woman directing traffic refused to listen to me.  As one who tries to obey instructions, I did not try to do as you did.  Besides, the way she was standing in the driveway, going around her could have been dangerous for her with an unpleasant result for me.  

So I just watched a video for our upcoming cruise on the Meraviglia that was uploaded 3 weeks ago.  In the video, none of the crew are shown wearing masks yet, they were all wearing them in early September when we were on Seashore.  Are the crew masking on your sailing or did MSC finally drop this requirement for everyone?

14 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So I just watched a video for our upcoming cruise on the Meraviglia that was uploaded 3 weeks ago.  In the video, none of the crew are shown wearing masks yet, they were all wearing them in early September when we were on Seashore.  Are the crew masking on your sailing or did MSC finally drop this requirement for everyone?

Crew still masking.

Glad you posted. Hoping you would. We think that your and our recommendation to MSC helped butler Annalisa get her transfer to Seascape. We have her now and gave her a copy of our letter requesting her services on their beautiful new Seascape for our December and January sailings in the YC. She was told of her acceptance recently. MSC is listening to us all.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Crew still masking.

Glad you posted. Hoping you would. We think that your and our recommendation to MSC helped butler Annalisa get her transfer to Seascape. We have her now and gave her a copy of our letter requesting her services on their beautiful new Seascape for our December and January sailings in the YC. She was told of her acceptance recently. MSC is listening to us all.

Ohhhh, this makes me so happy!  Annalisa is the BEST!   As Seashore is repositioning, we will be on Seascape in the coming months as well.  I am happy that we will get to see her again.  Please pass along our excitement for her happy news.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yannis is Hotel Director and Ronnie Sherrif is YC. YC perks are really only one, but was told in confidence so let us just say it will be appreciated by YCers.

We are on in 2 weeks…so glad to hear you mention the service is better than ever, especially because you mentioned it was slightly lacking back in September.

Is this elusive perk something happening now that we can expect in 2 weeks, or something planned for the future?

The new menu looks great! Hopefully it lived up to expectations and you feel it was a positive change!

44 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

We are on in 2 weeks…so glad to hear you mention the service is better than ever, especially because you mentioned it was slightly lacking back in September.

Is this elusive perk something happening now that we can expect in 2 weeks, or something planned for the future?

The new menu looks great! Hopefully it lived up to expectations and you feel it was a positive change!

Just that the ‘vibe’ in September was apprehensive on the part of staff as to their futures. Most are gone now. Those that are here know their future course. Service has always been good in the YC nothing has changed. We appreciate having the expanded menu selection which began in September with the room service menus and now all MDR menus. Don’t remember ever being critical of service except for one gentleman in guests service deck 5 not taking the time to get DW a daily program to compare to YC.

Yes the perk just happened since September exclusive to YC guests and works ship wide.

6 hours ago, AviationInScale said:

Agreed I'm 61 and had it when I was 5.

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

I was in the Manhattan Dining Room and the eggplant Parmesan, Rack of Lamb, and Royal cake were very good. I asked for a lobster tail with with lamb and unfortunately it was terrible; so mushy and mealy that I didn't finish it.