Del Rio "Dropping all Covid Protocols"

Lonedaddy

I guess that the memories of the cruise ships that could not dock anywhere have faded. I lost a dear family member to Covid a few months ago. 

We are sailing in a few weeks and we probably will limitedly get off the ship since most had to be vaxxed to sail. I guess time will tell where it will really matter.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I wonder when that will translate into rule changes for Regent cruises?  Testing, for instance.

Testing? 

I don't believe you have to test before boarding a Regent ship anymore. 

Edit...oh you meant for the unvaccinated passengers....

Edited by poolechick

50 minutes ago, poolechick said:

Testing? 

I don't believe you have to test before boarding a Regent ship anymore. 

Edit...oh you meant for the unvaccinated passengers....

No, I didn't mean that.  I was unaware that they'd done away with testing for boarding within the U.S.--guess I should have been more specific in my post. I knew they'd one away with pre-embarkation testing in other places.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

3 hours ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

I guess that the memories of the cruise ships that could not dock anywhere have faded. I lost a dear family member to Covid a few months ago. 

I posted yesterday that Hurtigruten has canceled at least one cruise because of very stringent Covid restrictions in the port of Callao (Lima)  Perú. What was shared on the Hurtigruten forum from a cancellation notice received from corporate was that ships with even one single Covid case would be quarantined at the port of Callao.
I started a new thread here on the Regent forum, but it’s a little messy looking because my IT skills are not what they should be.

I’m booked on Mariner’s 3 November sailing from Los Angeles to Lima. I suppose they’ll just find a different place to disembark us. I’m sure I will make the best of the situation. My private tour guide in lima is pretty bummed out from the cancellations he has started to receive.

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

No, I didn't mean that.  I was unaware that they'd done away with testing for boarding within the U.S.--guess I should have been more specific in my post. I knew they'd one away with pre-embarkation testing in other places.

We board Mariner in LA middle of this month. Our embarkation instructions warn that, while not required if you are vaccinated, you must test negative 3 days or less prior to cruise for Regent to cover costs beyond what your travel insurance covers if you get covid and need to be isolated on the ship. We will do a proctored video visit test and bring documentation of result with us.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, edgee said:

We board Mariner in LA middle of this month. Our embarkation instructions warn that, while not required if you are vaccinated, you must test negative 3 days or less prior to cruise for Regent to cover costs beyond what your travel insurance covers if you get covid and need to be isolated on the ship. We will do a proctored video visit test and bring documentation of result with us.

Yeah, as expected.  No matter what, we'll no doubt being doing a test at Walgreen's a couple of days before our cruise. 

Requirements for individual voyages in the coming month may be found here

The specific protocols & country requirements are also emailed to each booked guest in advance of their cruise.

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, edgee said:

Although we don't sail until December, based on edgee's post, will Regent accept a certified test that has not been observed ( a company in the UK called Randox offer a certifly certificate - you do these yourself and scan the results) or do you have to be observed on video or have one done 'in person'. As we fly out on Saturday and board on Monday we could get one done at the airport and be within the 3 days.

3 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Although we don't sail until December, based on edgee's post, will Regent accept a certified test that has not been observed ( a company in the UK called Randox offer a certifly certificate - you do these yourself and scan the results) or do you have to be observed on video or have one done 'in person'. As we fly out on Saturday and board on Monday we could get one done at the airport and be within the 3 days.

Here is the Regent applicable language. Seems to me it would have to be an observed or proctored test, whatever you call it.

"

"Guests who are fully vaccinated (see section two for fully vaccinated definition for this cruise) are not required to test for COVID-19 at the port or present a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test at the port to embark the ship.

However, Regent strongly encourages all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test from a registered test provider in their home country, within 3 days of embarkation date.

Please note: Regent Seven Seas Cruises will only assist with compensation for trip interruption due to a positive COVID-19 test resulting in on-board quarantine, that is not covered by their travel insurance, if the guest provides proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result from a registered test provider taken within 3 days of embarkation travel date. Proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result taken within 3 days of embarkation date must show guest name, guest date of birth, name of test provider, test provider’s contact details, test result and date the test was taken in order to be eligible".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

So as above, "no", the test doesn't have to be proctored by video, but has to be done by a certifiable company, like a test lab or pharmacy.  At least that's how I'm reading the above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

So as above, "no", the test doesn't have to be proctored by video, but has to be done by a certifiable company, like a test lab or pharmacy.  At least that's how I'm reading the above.

Me too - the company sends the tests, we do them and then scan the test stick, they then certify it is negative and provide a certificate. Fingers crossed as we have been double. Jabbed, double boostered and I have had it (obviously boosting hubbies antibodies as I didn't isolate from him) we won't get it 😂😂

Just now, Techno123 said:

Me too - the company sends the tests, we do them and then scan the test stick, they then certify it is negative and provide a certificate. Fingers crossed as we have been double. Jabbed, double boostered and I have had it (obviously boosting hubbies antibodies as I didn't isolate from him) we won't get it 😂😂

Oh, they send you the tests?  They do not observe you doing them?  That's kind of odd I think.  I would have thought you had to do it in front of somebody (live or virtual?)

FWIW, NCL corporate and its subsidiary cruise lines, lost in the 11th Circuit on Thursday.

They had successfully gotten a federal district court to issue an injunction against the Florida law that prohibited companies from requiring that customers be vaccinated against covid.  The 11th Circuit vacated that injunction, so the Florida law is fully operational now.  Companies in Florida may not discriminate on the basis of vaccination status.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Techno123 said:

We used Randox Certify Certificate for our tests before we boarded Voyager in April this year. We used Randox after being assured by Regent that those tests were ok for travel.

• Like 1

We sail on the Mariner at the end of the month and received the latest Regent protocols concerning covid. They are simple and after two sailings on the Splendor earlier this year, the new rules are wonderful for us vaccinated folks. Now Regent realized that money talks, so although they state you don't need testing prior to arrival, here is what they require: 

Please note: Regent Seven Seas Cruises will only assist with compensation for trip interruption due to a positive COVID-19 test resulting in on-board quarantine, that is not covered by their travel insurance, if the guest provides proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result from a registered test provider taken within 3 days of embarkation travel date. Proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result taken within 3 days of embarkation date must show guest name, guest date of birth, name of test provider, test provider’s contact details, test result and date the test was taken in order to be eligible.

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

🤔 🤔

I am not understanding this comment in respect of health protocols

Well, apparently cruise restrictions are being blamed for low occupancy levels across the industry.

20 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Well, apparently cruise restrictions are being blamed for low occupancy levels across the industry.

.... which are more than made up for by those who won't cruise until there are some minimal entry level requirements!

When I tell friends/clients that I'm booked, the majority are still shocked ....

34 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

.... which are more than made up for by those who won't cruise until there are some minimal entry level requirements!

When I tell friends/clients that I'm booked, the majority are still shocked ....

I think those that won't cruise now are far in the minority.  I would assume a huge corporation would have done a little research and discovered lots of people were holding back because of the restrictions.  

• Like 1