Let’s guess the names of the four ships after Prima and Viva in the Leonardo class….

Fredrik

11 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Did you not read post #6 with the list of 8 possibilities that have been earmarked for trademarks by NCL?

Yes, I did.  I took them with a grain of salt.  This thread is pure speculation, anyway, so I chose to speculate.  I think that the hard evidence of the scheme by which NCL has chosen to name their first two ships in this series trumps any "throw it against a wall and see what sticks" list of possible names.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Yes, I did.  I took them with a grain of salt.  This thread is pure speculation, anyway, so I chose to speculate.  I think that the hard evidence of the scheme by which NCL has chosen to name their first two ships in this series trumps any "throw it against a wall and see what sticks" list of possible names.

Not sure how the actual registered WordMarks are "pure speculation", nor am I sure how it becomes "throw it against a wall and see what sticks". Fact is that the names have been registered. Seems as though you are sailing onboard the Norwegian Denial.

I'll let you stylize the "i".

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
On 10/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, SeaShark said:

FWIW, NCL applied for eight different WordMarks for this class:

NORWEGIAN PRIMA
NORWEGIAN ULTIMA
NORWEGIAN OMBRA
NORWEGIAN VIVA
NORWEGIAN BELLA
NORWEGIAN AQUA
NORWEGIAN LUNA
NORWEGIAN VELA

A recent USPTO search has yielded that:
1) NCL applied for all of these in 2019.
2) Of this list, only Prima is currently a registered US trademark. 
3) The remaining names, including Viva, were all abandoned and were, at one point, considered DEAD.
4) In 2023, 5 of these names were applied for again and are now considered LIVE applications (though all are still pending and have not been registered yet). 2 of the original names were not resubmitted...

So, these are now the leading contenders for the 6 ship names in the class:
- Prima (registered)
- Viva (pending registration, though obviously in use)
- Bella (pending registration)

- Aqua (pending registration)
- Luna (pending registration)
- Ultima (pending registration)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Whitefacekat said:

AQUA

We are on board the Dawn.  The Cruise Next director just now mentioned that Aqua has been announced as the name of the next ship.  Following that will be the Bella.  I’m not sure how NCL intends to substitute special characters for alphabetical ones as they did with Pr1ma and V!va.  Anyone want to speculate?  Maybe @qu@ and 3ella?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

We are on board the Dawn.  The Cruise Next director just now mentioned that Aqua has been announced as the name of the next ship.  Following that will be the Bella.  I’m not sure how NCL intends to substitute special characters for alphabetical ones as they did with Pr1ma and V!va.  Anyone want to speculate?  Maybe @qu@ and 3ella?

Quite possible that they will just not bother.  As far as I know those characters were used in very few places, so I doubt it would be any great loss or surprise to not have them on the future ships.  If they do use something, maybe it could be the second 'A' in Aqua stylized as a water droplet.  I don't see any standard alphanumeric character that really works like the '1' and '!' do for Prima and Viva.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

Quite possible that they will just not bother.  As far as I know those characters were used in very few places, so I doubt it would be any great loss or surprise to not have them on the future ships.  If they do use something, maybe it could be the second 'A' in Aqua stylized as a water droplet.  I don't see any standard alphanumeric character that really works like the '1' and '!' do for Prima and Viva.

If they had named the ships in a different order, perhaps it would have been 3ella and 4qua?

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, am122509 said:

Norwegian already confirmed Aqua was going to be the third Prima class when posting this, so here’s what my predictions are for Prima 4, 5, and 6.

Prima 4: Ultima

Prima 5: Excel

Prima 6: Luna

Which of these things is not like the other???

Excel doesn't fit, as all the other names (or potential names) in the class end in "A".

• Like 2