Let’s guess the names of the four ships after Prima and Viva in the Leonardo class….

Fredrik

So NCL hasn’t release the names of the third to sixth ship in the Leonard class. What do you think the names will be?

This is my very uninformed guess, but with NCL highlighting the I in both Prima and Viva, some of these might not be far off…. 🤪

Prima, Viva, Aria, Libra, Diva, Mira

• Like 2

A little off topic. I was told by an NCL rep that it's class in not "Leonardo", just "Prima" class ships....it was referred to as "Project Leonardo" during development. Makes no sense to me, I'll still call it "Leonardo" class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fredrik said:

So NCL hasn’t release the names of the third to sixth ship in the Leonard class. What do you think the names will be?

This is my very uninformed guess, but with NCL highlighting the I in both Prima and Viva, some of these might not be far off…. 🤪

Prima, Viva, Aria, Libra, Diva, Mira

NCL already owns the WordMarks for the names of the ships. A simple search of the UP Patent & Trademark office's database will reveal the names. All you'll have to do is guess the order in which they'll be assigned.

33 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

A little off topic. I was told by an NCL rep that it's class in not "Leonardo", just "Prima" class ships....it was referred to as "Project Leonardo" during development. Makes no sense to me, I'll still call it "Leonardo" class.

Each class of ships is talked about as a project until the name of the first ship (and thus the class) is revealed. Norwegian Epic was supposed to be the lead ship of a three ship class until the final two were cancelled. They were referred to as Project F3 during development. Do you refer to the Epic as the F3 class?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FWIW, NCL applied for eight different WordMarks for this class:

NORWEGIAN PRIMA
NORWEGIAN ULTIMA
NORWEGIAN OMBRA
NORWEGIAN VIVA
NORWEGIAN BELLA
NORWEGIAN AQUA
NORWEGIAN LUNA
NORWEGIAN VELA

Smart marketing as they applied for two more than they need. This way people will still have to guess, and they can simply abandon the WordMarks on the two they don't need when all is announced.

The only "sure thing" (IMHO) on the list is that Norwegian Ultima will be used for the last ship in the class. (Much like the last Breakaway ship is the Norwegian Encore).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

yes a lot of times the project name never ends up being the class name.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SeaShark said:

FWIW, NCL applied for eight different WordMarks for this class:

NORWEGIAN PRIMA
NORWEGIAN ULTIMA
NORWEGIAN OMBRA
NORWEGIAN VIVA
NORWEGIAN BELLA
NORWEGIAN AQUA
NORWEGIAN LUNA
NORWEGIAN VELA

Smart marketing as they applied for two more than they need. This way people will still have to

i like the last four names the best

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

I like Bella, Aqua and Luna (not sure what a Vela is but it sounds nice). 

"Vela" means "see her."  It's also a Southern constellation that means "Sails of a ship." (Latin) In either case, very apt for a cruise ship, I think!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

Totally optional.  Just scroll on by a thread you are not interested in.  Works every time for me.

Agreed. I was happy to see a thread that hadn't devolved into political blah, blah, blah. Anyway...Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael came to mind for me. :)  And I know they're not female names. Just had a giggle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, KansasTexan said:

Agreed. I was happy to see a thread that hadn't devolved into political blah, blah, blah. Anyway...Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael came to mind for me. 🙂 And I know they're not female names. Just had a giggle.

Don’t forget - in the 1960s the Italian Line had a Leonardo, Michelangelo, and a Raffaello.

• Like 2

Since we have the potential name list, it seems like the thing to do would be to identify which two names on the list will NOT be used.

While I can't limit myself to only two names, I think the two that will not be used will come from:

NORWEGIAN OMBRA
NORWEGIAN AQUA
NORWEGIAN LUNA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KansasTexan said:

Agreed. I was happy to see a thread that hadn't devolved into political blah, blah, blah. Anyway...Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael came to mind for me. 🙂 And I know they're not female names. Just had a giggle.

If indeed they were the names of the ships to be, the quality of the pizza on board would increase.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Since we have the potential name list, it seems like the thing to do would be to identify which two names on the list will NOT be used.

While I can't limit myself to only two names, I think the two that will not be used will come from:

NORWEGIAN OMBRA
NORWEGIAN AQUA
NORWEGIAN LUNA

OMBRA is at the bottom, followed by AQUA.

• Like 1

I think it's likely the names will either be derivatives of Italian words or at least sound vaguely Italian.  Also, it seems likely that that each will be a single word of about four or five (maybe six) letters in length.  Since the graphics which NCL has been using for both the Prima and Viva use a stylized letter "i" it probably means that the rest of the ships will have an "i" near the middle of the name and it also will be stylized.  (The Prima is shown as Pr1ma while the Viva is shown as V!va).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

I think it's likely the names will either be derivatives of Italian words or at least sound vaguely Italian.  Also, it seems likely that that each will be a single word of about four or five (maybe six) letters in length.  Since the graphics which NCL has been using for both the Prima and Viva use a stylized letter "i" it probably means that the rest of the ships will have an "i" near the middle of the name and it also will be stylized.  (The Prima is shown as Pr1ma while the Viva is shown as V!va).

Did you not read post #6 with the list of 8 possibilities that have been earmarked for trademarks by NCL?

• Like 1