For those of you that have been on Holiday cruises - a specialty dining question please?

kazu

I’ve searched and certainly read some LIVE threads but I’ve seen no mention of this.

On my upcoming cruise over the Holidays - I see the Canaletto is not available for booking on Christmas Eve and the same for the Pinnacle for New Year’s Eve.

Is this just because they need the crew to prepare for other activities or to give some time off for the Holidays or is it possible some special dinner event will be announced on board for those evenings ?  

thank you if anyone can help. 🙂 

• kazu changed the title to For those of you that have been on Holiday cruises - a specialty dining question please?
17 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Hi Jacqui, when we were on the Amsterdam we were able to book Canaletto for both nights ahead of time.  This was several years ago when we did the full transit of the canal.

thanks - Canaletto is not available and PG on the alternate “Eves”. (Christmas & New Years.)

15 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

@kazu check Crew News' site. Pretty sure he was onboard for the holidays and listed a bunch of holiday menus. 

I looked thanks .  He was on pre - holiday from what I could see.  Of course, I could be blind 😉. I don’t normally post many questions and when I do, I have searched all the resources I can think of.  

It may remain a mystery but if there were going to be some special dinner I wouldn’t book one of the others.  I’ve never been on a holiday cruise and nervous as all heck.  I guess what will be will be

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

thanks - Canaletto is not available and PG on the alternate “Eves”. (Christmas & New Years.)

If I recall correctly those dates opened up close to sail date. I’m thinking about 30 days out.  I was thinking that they were planning something special but that didn’t happen.

4 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

If I recall correctly those dates opened up close to sail date. I’m thinking about 30 days out.  I was thinking that they were planning something special but that didn’t happen.

Ok thanks!  Much appreciated Jake.  That’s very helpful 👍 

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

I'm on the K'dam for NYE and PG not available. I think Roger said that was Pinnacle Gala Night?

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Pinnacle-Gala-Menu.pdf

The presumed dressy night on my cruise (30 Dec), PG is available to book at regular price of US$46pp.

I was not favorably impressed with that menu and reserved Rudi's for NYE, although I did have to take 5pm!

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

I'm on the K'dam for NYE and PG not available. I think Roger said that was Pinnacle Gala Night?

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Pinnacle-Gala-Menu.pdf

The presumed dressy night on my cruise (30 Dec), PG is available to book at regular price of US$46pp.

I was not favorably impressed with that menu and reserved Rudi's for NYE, although I did have to take 5pm!

Thanks - Pinnacle Gala was cancelled IIRC a while ago.  

It’s not an option on line.

To me, December 31st should be the dressy one - it’s New Year’s Eve but I’m sure it depends on the itinerary but you would think that many would want to dress up for New Year’s Eve?  That’s the night the PG is not available.  Christmas Eve the Canaletto is not.  I guess I’ll just work around it.  

I was sort of hoping for some special dinner offered on board (bring back the Cellar Master)

I think I might do the same as you - I really like Sel de Mer.

Thanks 🙂 

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Thanks - Pinnacle Gala was cancelled IIRC a while ago.  

I was sort of hoping for some special dinner offered on board (bring back the Cellar Master)

I think I might do the same as you - I really like Sel de Mer.

It may have been the New Year's MDR that didn't really appeal. We are not big shellfish eaters. Have never eaten at Sel de Mer, and NYE is our anniversary, so set out to splurge!

27 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I was not favorably impressed with that menu and reserved Rudi's for NYE

Same for us.  Booked Rudi’s for NYE at 8.  It’s a beautiful restaurant and I hear the Dover Sole is awesome. 

6 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@kazu, Jacqui, I know when I’ve done NYE it was always a gala night in the MDR. I also remember getting the special NYE menu for my TA who had clients onboard Nieuw Statendam maiden celebration. I know it was more expensive than the regular PG menu.

THANK YOU very much 🙂 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SDARCH said:

Same for us.  Booked Rudi’s for NYE at 8.  It’s a beautiful restaurant and I hear the Dover Sole is awesome. 

It has been on any I have gone to - they were only ‘pop ups’ though.  It’s my first time on the Pinnacle Class ship.  So, I am way out of my league 😂 

@kazu Awesome! You are in your league the minute you board a HA ship.

This will be our first Rudi’s experience but I have no idea why.  I’m not fancy enough for restaurants with tablecloths I suppose.

We were on the K-dam last Thanksgiving and then again in Jan for circle Hawaii.  Outstanding ship.  

We are on the upcoming Coastal CA in 23 days, also on the K-dam.  We are very fortunate to be just minutes from the Port….and within 12-18 months of retiring.

You will love a Pinnacle Class ship!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I seem to remember that just recently,  @Crew Newsposted a MDR NYE menu that looked very nice, now I can’t find it.  Roger, where are you?  

As requested at no extra charge:  NYE 2021 MDR Dinner   includes hats and noise makers

FWIW  NYE 2021 PG Special Menu  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

My memory is that they have special menus and charge higher prices.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I seem to remember that just recently,  @Crew Newsposted a MDR NYE menu that looked very nice, now I can’t find it.  Roger, where are you?  

Thanks for the ‘prod’ I couldn’t find it either.

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

As requested at no extra charge:  NYE 2021 MDR Dinner   includes hats and noise makers

FWIW  NYE 2021 PG Special Menu  

Thank you very much, Roger 👍 

• Like 2

I imagine that, in the MDR, they will be taking reservations for the NYE dinner.  I wonder what they will do in Club Orange.  I'm hoping they will make exceptions and take reservations.  Jacqui, you know, if you were to come here for a few days beforehand, it's easy enough to get to San Diego from here!