Parking in Ft Laurderdale

CintiCruzer

We have stayed at the Hyatt and like their shuttle service.

thanks for that info above.  I had never heard of that parking service for non-guests.

I know that they have always had hotel guests sign up for the shuttle, so I hope that means that (if we stay again) we would have priority and not have any problem getting on the earliest shuttle departures!

2 hours ago, jinpasco said:

Park N Go. Easy access with shuttles going to your individual.ship. Do ahead online and save $. Used them.many times.

We used Park 'n Go as well.    

If you go frequently the repeat cruises get a night free after a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CintiCruzer said:

do the shuttles pick you up near the car or do you need to walk to an area?? my "wheels" are not what they used to be??

You pull in and they take your luggage out of your car and roll it to a nearby shuttle...about a 10 foot walk.  You get in the shuttle and they take everyone to their respective ships.  
On the return, you wait outside the terminal for your shuttle and it will take you right to your car, where they will unload your bags.  Easy Peasy!
Fun Fact: As you drive in to drop off there are trees on the left side and there are monkeys in the trees!!  The sign says not to feed them because they bite...but you frequently see people feeding them anyway! LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CintiCruzer said:

My Wife & I are considering driving to Ft Lauderdale for our February cruise... does anyone have any recommendations for parking near the terminal??

are shuttles provided?? any pros or cons to doing this??

I suggest just using the terminal parking at the port itself.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CintiCruzer said:

My Wife & I are considering driving to Ft Lauderdale for our February cruise... does anyone have any recommendations for parking near the terminal??

are shuttles provided?? any pros or cons to doing this??

Many opinions as to where to park at Port Everglades.  Many, including me, prefer parking at the Port and using one of their garages.  It is more convenient, no waiting for a shuttle, and the Porters will take your luggage and you directly to your car,  (An appropriate tip is appreciated for such a service.)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

At double the price. 

Not any more.  Park N Go has increased their prices every year for several years, while the port hasn't increased at all.  I've used Park N Go for years and am booked there for this Nov/Dec.  However, when I looked at my March 7-night cruise the options were Park N Go (prepaying to get the cheaper rate) at $86 & change or the port at $105.  For $20 we're going to give the port a try this cruise - it's been many years since I parked there.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 4:19 PM, rkacruiser said:

Many opinions as to where to park at Port Everglades.  Many, including me, prefer parking at the Port and using one of their garages.  It is more convenient, no waiting for a shuttle, and the Porters will take your luggage and you directly to your car,  (An appropriate tip is appreciated for such a service.)  

We’re planning on parking at the Port for our Holland America cruise in a few weeks. Our first out of Port Everglades. Our only concern is that we can’t reserve a space ahead of time. The day we leave, there are about six cruise ships in port, and we’re slightly concerned. Can we count on availability at the Port? Or should we have a backup plan?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GiftOfTheSea said:

We’re planning on parking at the Port for our Holland America cruise in a few weeks. Our first out of Port Everglades. Our only concern is that we can’t reserve a space ahead of time. The day we leave, there are about six cruise ships in port, and we’re slightly concerned. Can we count on availability at the Port? Or should we have a backup plan?

There is plenty parking at the port.....have parked there dozens of times and never had a problem finding a spot...even with 8 ships in port.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GiftOfTheSea said:

Can we count on availability at the Port? Or should we have a backup plan?

Yes, availability ought to be there.  To make certain that there will be spaces from which you can choose, arrive in the 10:45-11:30 A. M. time frame.  Spots near the elevators are prime areas and to get those spots, one needs to be an "early bird".  

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 6:56 AM, bajathree said:

I suggest just using the terminal parking at the port itself.

Which I believe is $20-22/day in Miami and $15 at Fort Lauderdale.
We're paying about $9/day with one free night of parking in Ft. Lauderdale.
Your choice!  😃

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mar y Sol said:

Thanks for all the information about parking upon arrival!  What’s it like when you disembark and have to find your car?  Is there not a huge traffic jam?  Your thoughts please!

The terminals and their associated parking locations are spread out as are the 3 port entrances/exits.  See www.porteverglades.net for the port map.  I’ve never seen or heard of a traffic jam.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mar y Sol said:

Is there not a huge traffic jam?  Your thoughts please!

I use the Mid-Port Garage the most and there is at least 3 cashier lanes at the exit.  Is there a line-up of cars waiting to pay and then exit?  Well, of course.  Why would anyone expect anything different?  Is it a traffic jam?  Not anything like I have experienced on the i-495 beltway around Washington!  Traffic in Port Everglades moves efficiently and smoothly.  There are many Officers directing traffic that help that to happen.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 6:00 AM, bajathree said:

Absolutely not correct. It's maybe just a few dollars more per day for the convenience of port parking at port everglades.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:00 PM, suzyed said:

We used Park 'n Go as well.    

If you go frequently the repeat cruises get a night free after a while.

Park ‘n Go is currently quoting $15 a night for late November whether booked ahead or not

Edited by Torfamm

5 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Park ‘n Go is currently quoting $15 a night for late November whether booked ahead or not

Which is exactly the same price as the Port Everglades parking which is more convenient.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 5:19 PM, Torfamm said:

Wow - that's disappointing that they're charging the same price as parking at the port.  The advantage w/Park n Go would be they drop you at the terminal and then pick you up from there and drop you at your car.  But, that means potential wait & transportation time.  The disadvantage to parking at the port is if you're not on ground level you may be waiting for space in an elevator to get to your floor.  Also, if you've got a bunch of luggage you're dragging it a further distance.  

I've used Park n Go for years, and have been very happy with them.  I've got them booked for my 10-day Nov/Dec cruise.  When I looked at my 7-day March 2023 cruise the difference in price was around $14 so we're going to give parking at the port a try.  For $14 savings I'm not sure it's worth booking w/Park n Go.  If the price was equal, I'd definitely pick the port and be done w/Park n Go.

Sue/WDW1972

22 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

The disadvantage to parking at the port is if you're not on ground level you may be waiting for space in an elevator to get to your floor.  Also, if you've got a bunch of luggage you're dragging it a further distance.  

As many times as I have parked at Port Everglades, I have never found a spot on the ground level.  Port staff employees maybe park there?  A Porter may take your luggage and you directly to your car, if they are asked.  (A generous gratuity is appropriate, of course.)  And, if one arrives in the time when people are leaving and others are arriving, it is not usually difficult to find a parking spot near the elevator foyers.  

On 10/15/2022 at 6:21 PM, wdw1972 said:

Not any more.  Park N Go has increased their prices every year for several years, while the port hasn't increased at all.  I've used Park N Go for years and a.m booked there for this Nov/Dec.  However, when I looked at my March 7-night cruise the options were Park N Go (prepaying to get the cheaper rate) at $86 & change or the port at $105.  For $20 we're going to give the port a try this cruise - it's been many years since I parked there.

Sue/WDW1972

We got one night free at Park N Go.  Comes out to about $9 per night including taxes, so about $90 for 10 nights. At the port @ $15/day...$150.

• Like 1