Refund price difference on excursion

Cruisin 4 Ever

1 minute ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

We booked a Behind the scenes tour on our upcoming cruise. The excursion is now 20% off which is about 35.00 difference. Will Celebrity refund me the difference?

Don't know, this is the Carnival site

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

Yes I'm trying to delete it and post it in celebrity but im not having success

You can report it, and let the mods know you put it in the wrong forum and ask it either to be moved (if you have not posted it in Celebrity or have it deleted if you have already posted it there.

13 hours ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

We booked a Behind the scenes tour on our upcoming cruise. The excursion is now 20% off which is about 35.00 difference. Will Celebrity refund me the difference?

Regarding Celebrity excursions, when they come on sale, it has been my experience that the only way to benefit from the new "sale" price is unfortunately to cancel and re-book.

This is a bit annoying, because it means you will initially be refunded the higher price than re-charged the lower amount. Typically, Celebrity will not just refund you the difference. It's a bit of work and a lot of confusing transactions, but sometimes, the sale price is worth the effort.

One element to consider, though, if your excursion is almost fully booked, if you cancel it, you may not be able to re-book it.

As a result, in the past, when a "sale" price becomes available for a specific excursion or a bunch of them, when the benefit was worth it, I called a Shore Excursion Celebrity Rep. The Rep was able to advise me, if I cancelled my excursion with the intent of re-booking, if my odds of success were good or not.  This way, I was able to benefit from good price reductions without risking to lose my excursion.

Good Luck! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

One element to consider, though, if your excursion is almost fully booked, if you cancel it, you may not be able to re-book it.

I did just that.  I cancelled a Ho Ho bus ( booked through Celebrity) and it immediately became available. 
I then booked at the lower reduced price.

The stupid thing was that they were advertising a reduction on a fully booked tour.😱

And as stated prior, just go into the website and cancel the tour and immediately rebook. Got my reimbursement within a day or so. 

I booked 4 and didnt realize I’d not used my available OBC doing it on line. So I went back, cancelled all 4 and rebooked using my OBC that I had.

All done well prior to the cruise. Worked just fine. 

Den

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:12 AM, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

Probably if you call in.  It may be easier to go online in cruise planner -  Cancel and rebook

I just did this on 5 tours.  I was reluctant on one as it was sold out but when I cancelled my 2 spaces were available and rebooked.

41 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

And as stated prior, just go into the website and cancel the tour and immediately rebook. Got my reimbursement within a day or so. 

I booked 4 and didnt realize I’d not used my available OBC doing it on line. So I went back, cancelled all 4 and rebooked using my OBC that I had.

All done well prior to the cruise. Worked just fine. 

Den

I did the same when I first booked.   It is so easy to not put in the amount to deduct from OBC and then it goes direct to your credit card.  

• Like 1

Because I'm from Canada there are exchange fees each time transactions are made. Although there should be a 33.00 difference in the excursion, the exchange rate has changed alot from when we booked and so there's only a 12 or 13.00 difference. The excursion was almost full so didn't want to risk it in the end. 

Agree with above.   I found that a couple tours I had booked had gone up in price since booking and my current price was lower than the "discounted price".       I did however get better prices on about 80% of those I had booked.