Lecturers onboard

Minnie29

3 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Cunard used to publish a list, but I think they stopped doing it. The list was not always very reliable which is possibly why they stopped publishing it.

That was my experience. Before our second crossing (didn’t know enough to do this on the first), I looked up who would be speaking. Of the three speakers listed, none were actually on board. Now, I just wait until the daily program comes out. 

• Like 1

As someone (you?) said elsewhere, it couldn’t be less helpful if it tried.

While it is true that I wouldn’t dream of booking a cruise because of the possible speakers, the pleasures of anticipation would undoubtedly be much enhanced for me and, I suspect, HH by the knowledge that, say, David Gower was to speak.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Cunard's website has information, however it's not clear about who will be the speakers on each voyage.

See the 'Cunard website is a total embarrassment' thread - and you will see the web site has bios for a few speakers, but does not have any linkage between the speaker and voyages.

For example, I clicked on the related voyages link for Anthony Inglis - and it took me to the regular find a cruise listing showing all cruises for all ships. [Oddly - likely due to a sell out - the list did not contain the next sailing he will be on (M234) departing Brooklyn on 25 October]

13 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

See the 'Cunard website is a total embarrassment' thread - and you will see the web site has bios for a few speakers, but does not have any linkage between the speaker and voyages.

For example, I clicked on the related voyages link for Anthony Inglis - and it took me to the regular find a cruise listing showing all cruises for all ships. [Oddly - likely due to a sell out - the list did not contain the next sailing he will be on (M234) departing Brooklyn on 25 October]

Cunard used to have a list of speakers on voyages but it was removed after the pandemic due to the speakers booked could cancel at last minute due to covid and Cunard didnt want to disappoint people and to stop some moaning that they only come on a particular cruise to see that speaker. Common sense really. We have had speakers designated to voyages even before pandemic who were never actually on the cruises so cancellations do happen.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:07 PM, exlondoner said:

As someone (you?) said elsewhere, it couldn’t be less helpful if it tried.

While it is true that I wouldn’t dream of booking a cruise because of the possible speakers, the pleasures of anticipation would undoubtedly be much enhanced for me and, I suspect, HH by the knowledge that, say, David Gower was to speak.

Gower is on a short Ambassador cruise in December along with Devon Malcolm, Graham Gooch, Mike Gatting, John Lever & Ray East.

26 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

Gower is on a short Ambassador cruise in December along with Devon Malcolm, Graham Gooch, Mike Gatting, John Lever & Ray East.

Good gracious. That’s half a team, though I’m surprised Gower can bring himself to speak to Gooch.

• Haha 1