A new Cruise Director star is born on Journey

excitedofharpenden

I know there are snippets within threads talking about Darren Lynton on Journey. First of all I will confirm that I am not his agent nor did he pay me before I got off the ship!  This guy I am so happy has decided to join Azamara after a break of many years teaching whilst his kids were growing up. His energy, enthusiasm and especially his voice are first class. His total lack of ego and humble nature are a revelation.

The last night of the cruise he did a set in the Den at 9.15pm. The word was out. The place was packed (remember, last night of the cruise) and it rocked. The guy is everywhere and very visible. He enjoys what he does and it shows. The whole entertainment cast including ACD Grace from Australia were outstanding. Best White Night I have ever been to and I've been to a few. 

If you are on Journey and have him as CD you are in for a treat. He goes on vacation towards the end of November I think. Current cast leave January. Can't remember the date. 

Phil 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Totally agree - a breath of fresh air and as you say it’s not about him and it’s lovely to have an ego free CD.  He’s loving the job and it shows and unlike my experiences post pandemic elsewhere on Azamara he’s visible everywhere (he’s been to the Heike school of walk about) but keeps his voice off the announcements system. 
What I loved having been with him b2b he doesn’t trot out the same show/sets each time, he mixes it up. 
And he’s spontaneous- jumping up on stage to sing with the Band poolside at lunchtime for one number because he was passing by….

Grace is also excellent lovely nature full of energy and a lovely smile, she does the Aussies proud

Dont change Darren and Grace, keep doing it as you are. 

PS agree about the last night set - you leave the cruise on a high after it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Indeed Phil. We came across Darren on Quest in April , he joined our trip to Pompeii and we chatted with him and then thoroughly  enjoyed his one man  show in the Den and his contribution to white night. Grace was on our cruise in January on Journey a real pocket rocket. Both  great assets  to Azamara.  X

• Like 4

We agree too. Lovely to chat with him around the ship and he has great energy and enthusiasm as did the whole entertainment team. For the first time ever we went to every show and the entertainment on White Night was brilliant!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, malcliz said:

We agree too. Lovely to chat with him around the ship and he has great energy and enthusiasm as did the whole entertainment team. For the first time ever we went to every show and the entertainment on White Night was brilliant!

Same here Liz. I saw every show too. Unusual for me. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Wonderful to hear they weren't doing the same show over and over again. New to b2b cruising which we like very much. We like to go to the shows at night but don't want to see the same one we saw pre-pandemic (which we have) or exactly the one from the previous week. Variety is the spice of life.