Carnival “May”Crackdown on Chair Hogs

sunonfire

4 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I hope they do. I can understand why they don't. Imagine being the person who is constantly being chewed out by entitled jerks who felt their lounger should be reserved for 4 hours. Can you think of a worse job?

It is not only the deck steward who gets chewed out.  About half an hour after sitting down in an open lounger, a lady came by and screamed at me that this was her lounger and asked what I had done with her belongings.  After she calmed down, I explained that her belongings were likely removed by the deck steward since the lounger had been unoccupied, and that she should check at the towel station.  She did come back and apologize and thank me for telling her where to find her belongings.

I don't use the loungers by the pool. I am Autistic, and I [personally] can enjoy the loudness and zanyness  until I suddenly can't and have to make an exit, with husbands assistance, to a safe, quiet spot. Though I don't use them, I think 15 minutes is way too short of a time for people to grab a burger, a drink, and possibly use the restroom and get back to a lounger. 

Some are saying to eat before using a lounger but I don't think it's wrong for anyone to eat while in their loungechair, especially with how crowded the eating space is in the Lido Marketplace area. If I were making the decision, I feel that 30 minutes would be a fair time limit. 

On 10/20/2022 at 5:32 PM, Colorado Cruzer said:

I don't subscribe to people hogging lounge chairs, if no one has come back for 15 min and I'm waiting, I'm taking that seat.

15 minutes??  What about people who are in the pool?  We certainly swim for longer than 15 minutes!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I won't believe it until I see video of it. All it is going to take is the one person to say "I left a $10,000 necklace under my towels, where is it?" Yeah, I don't think this is going to happen.

My guess is that Carnival would respond with "That's why we provide you with a safe in your room."

• Like 3

5 hours ago, staceyglow said:

My guess is that Carnival would respond with "That's why we provide you with a safe in your room."

Or, "hey doofus, you see all those cameras?", they are just for these types of claims, nothing better than letting someone twist themselves up in a convoluted story and then showing them they are full of it lol. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, TomCruise48 said:

I was on one cruise where a person arrived early to reserve the entire Starboard side of the Serenity deck for his group by placing items on the loungers.  He has the only guest occupying a lounger on that side of the deck.  The deck steward made her rounds and placed paper tags with the time marked on the unoccupied loungers.  As soon as the deck steward went to the Port side of the deck, the designated chair hog removed all of the paper slips from the loungers.

I was on one cruise where a lady brought yellow caution tape and literally taped 10-12 chairs together.   

• Haha 4