Should We Give Up an Evening in QG for Dinner at the Verandah?

ClefsDor

We have had lunch twice now, in the Steak House/Verandah.

Both times we utilised our Diamond freebie. The only reason to do so was to join friends, one occasion being a farewell luncheon 'do' with six other lovely people we'd met on the last three segments of a world cruise. On both occasions, we were one of the very few occupied table/s in the restaurant.

I can't say it was stuffy or pretentious as  we were so busy enjoying ourselves with friends, and a little wine had been consumed on both occasions, we wouldn't have noticed or cared if it was.

When we dined as a fivesome,   the lack of other tables certainly didn't add to any atmosphere. Ignoring the seafood platter on the evening menu and which I shall investigate for QG consumption on our next cruise, as QG diners [that's an objective comment and not meant to be uppity] I can't say the lunchtime meals themselves were particularly memorable however grand the menu might appear and the lack of atmosphere at lunchtime would not entice us back to dine as a twosome.

Edited by Victoria2

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

We have had lunch twice now, in the Steak House/Verandah.

Both times we utilised our Diamond freebie. The only reason to do so was to join friends, one occasion being a farewell luncheon 'do' with six other lovely people we'd met on the last three segments of a world cruise. On both occasions, we were one of the very few occupied table/s in the restaurant.

I can't say it was stuffy or pretentious as  we were so busy enjoying ourselves with friends, and a little wine had been consumed on both occasions, we wouldn't have noticed or cared if it was.

When we dined as a fivesome,   the lack of other tables certainly didn't add to any atmosphere. Ignoring the seafood platter on the evening menu and which I shall investigate for QG consumption on our next cruise, as QG diners [that's an objective comment and not meant to be uppity] I can't say the lunchtime meals themselves were particularly memorable however grand the menu might appear and the lack of atmosphere at lunchtime would not entice us back to dine as a twosome.

I don’t remember it being particularly empty when we lunched there. However, I also can’t remember feeling the food was particularly special. The one thing I do remember was feeling the staff were, if not actually disdainful, rather lacking In the warmth and friendliness I have always encountered in the QG.

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I don’t remember it being particularly empty when we lunched there. However, I also can’t remember feeling the food was particularly special. The one thing I do remember was feeling the staff were, if not actually disdainful, rather lacking In the warmth and friendliness I have always encountered in the QG.

On the day we dined for lunch we had approx. 12 tables occupied with passengers coming in on our exiting.

We did not feel vacant of warmth and friendliness by the staff. They were accommodating and helpful with our further needs. 

And any further requests were answered with "Anything else we can offer to you"......

• 1 month later...