Can you still print a Princess Boarding Pass ??

Hi All

Will be finely going on our cruise in 2 weeks.... Having No Smart Phone... have filled in all detail via the web app....

and can find where to print luggage tags.......   but what about a boarding pass

As travelling in a suite the boarding pass always had Priority Boarding across the top..

which gave us access to drive onto Station Pier in Melbourne to be dropped off...

Thanks in advance    Don....    who likes paper things

There are no boarding passes to be printed out now. If you don’t use a smartphone, print out a copy of your travel summary. That will show your Suite cabin that gives you priority. 

If you have done all your information via the web app, have you been able to select an arrival time? We are on the same cruise as you, and selected the first arrival group A. The time for the first group is 12.30 to 1.00pm. Boarding is later than usual because it will be busy at Station Pier that day with Coral Princess visiting Melbourne on her lap around Oz.

I couldn't find anywhere to select an arrival time on the web version but had to do on Phone App. You would hope that when they automatically allocate arrival times to guests who haven't done so, that they would give Suite, and Elite/Platinum perhaps, Arrival Group A.

It would be interesting to know if there is a priority line outside the terminal, or only once you enter building?

Currently on Majestic. The priority line for us was only once in terminal. Our friends who have no smartphone and only printed out documents did not get on board till after 3pm. Perhaps it was the day, but handled very badly for an elderly couple with no smart phone, even though they were told it would all be ok.

we were on board by 1.30 with all the documents on the app.

Also currently have Telstra 4g as I can see the coast.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi All

Will be finely going on our cruise in 2 weeks.... Having No Smart Phone... have filled in all detail via the web app....

and can find where to print luggage tags.......   but what about a boarding pass

As travelling in a suite the boarding pass always had Priority Boarding across the top..

which gave us access to drive onto Station Pier in Melbourne to be dropped off...

Thanks in advance    Don....    who likes paper things

Hi Don

Any chance you could get a friend or relative who has a smart phone to log into the app on your behalf and do your boarding time?  You can log in using name/date of birth/booking number.  They could then pick a time and take a snapshot of the QR code and print it out for you.  I have managed to print out mine because I don't have a great plan on my phone and may not be able to log on in the terminus.  Hope they will accept it.

Edited by Ondine

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Hi Don

Any chance you could get a friend or relative who has a smart phone to log into the app on your behalf and do your boarding time?  You can log in using name/date of birth/booking number.  They could then pick a time and take a snapshot of the QR code and print it out for you.  I have managed to print out mine because I don't have a great plan on my phone and may not be able to log on in the terminus.  Hope they will accept it.

Let us know if a print-out of the QR code was acceptable.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

If you have done all your information via the web app, have you been able to select an arrival time? We are on the same cruise as you, and selected the first arrival group A. The time for the first group is 12.30 to 1.00pm. Boarding is later than usual because it will be busy at Station Pier that day with Coral Princess visiting Melbourne on her lap around Oz.

Bon Voyage Don.  Surprised Coral Princess will be in Melbourne already.  I still mentally have them in the north. I wonder which ship will leave first?

33 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Bon Voyage Don.  Surprised Coral Princess will be in Melbourne already.  I still mentally have them in the north. I wonder which ship will leave first?

Don didn't say that the Coral is in Melbourne now, but that the ship will be there when his cruise is due to leave. The Coral is currently sailing off the NW coast of WA, between Darwin and Broome.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Don didn't say that the Coral is in Melbourne now, but that the ship will be there when his cruise is due to leave. The Coral is currently sailing off the NW coast of WA, between Darwin and Broome.

Ok thanks, that is more feasible.  I'm doing three things at once!

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I hope their ship gets in to Broome, such a unique port.

I didn't look to see if it is on their itinerary. It is a tricky port for larger ships. On one visit we were told that they have to sail over an area of relatively shallow ocean and can't do so close to low tide. This is made worse by the extreme tidal variation on this part of the coast. This was the explanation for the strange arrival and departure times from Broome.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I didn't look to see if it is on their itinerary. It is a tricky port for larger ships. On one visit we were told that they have to sail over an area of relatively shallow ocean and can't do so close to low tide. This is made worse by the extreme tidal variation on this part of the coast. This was the explanation for the strange arrival and departure times from Broome.

Yes the extreme tides are a problem. 

On 10/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, Ondine said:

Hi Don

Regarding log on…..you could take a screen shot prior to check in no need for log in just leave it in your album and have it ready

Cheers Carole 

• Like 1

We’re on the Grand Princess to New Zealand from Melbourne in January. We don’t have access to board times options yet. How long before sailing did you guys did you get to choose your board time? 
Also… I understand that you use a QR CODE on the Medallion app to board. Where in the pp can you find it? When does it become available? 
Thanks in advance guys

cheers 

2 hours ago, Malgit said:

We’re on the Grand Princess to New Zealand from Melbourne in January. We don’t have access to board times options yet. How long before sailing did you guys did you get to choose your board time? 
Also… I understand that you use a QR CODE on the Medallion app to board. Where in the pp can you find it? When does it become available? 
Thanks in advance guys

cheers

I think the boarding times became available 59 days prior to the cruise. It is stated to be 60 days, but presumably the difference is because Princess HQ is in California on a different time zone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malgit said:

Thanks in advance guys

cheers 

Boarding time selection becomes available 59 or 60 days prior to boarding. The QR code just pops up on your Medallion App once you select your boarding time.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, resordanis said:

Currently on Majestic. The priority line for us was only once in terminal. Our friends who have no smartphone and only printed out documents did not get on board till after 3pm. Perhaps it was the day, but handled very badly for an elderly couple with no smart phone, even though they were told it would all be ok.

we were on board by 1.30 with all the documents on the app.

Also currently have Telstra 4g as I can see the coast.

I spoke to the Circle host today about the way priority passengers were treated as having no priority, with that going to those with the quick response on the app.

She has said they had a spec with the terminal operator in OPT, but they did not follow directions given by Princess. She said that priority passengers always have priority, regardless of their assigned time, and there is supposed to be a priority lane into the terminal which will be sorted for future cruises.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

I spoke to the Circle host today about the way priority passengers were treated as having no priority, with that going to those with the quick response on the app.

She has said they had a spec with the terminal operator in OPT, but they did not follow directions given by Princess. She said that priority passengers always have priority, regardless of their assigned time, and there is supposed to be a priority lane into the terminal which will be sorted for future cruises.

We had the priority line for Coral on 13 Sept, I was on board in 10 minutes I was not in green lane as no smart phone app etc. But they sorted me out.  So it is bad that it did not happen on Majestic embarkation. Will be interesting to see if it improves.

Good work there young Geoffrey, trying to sort it out with Circle host.

Edited by NSWP