New to NCL - questions

54Carol

We are new to the NCL line and sailing in a balcony room on the Bliss in January. 

1.  Do they have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body soap?  If so, what is the brand?

2.  Do they have safes in the room?

3.  Are there hair dryers?

4.  Are there coffee pots?

5.  Do they have Mountain Dew?

6.  Do they have powered coffee creamer in the restaurants?

7.  Do they have gala nights?

8.  What is the dress code for dinners?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Edited by 54Carol
Addition

25 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

If the ship has completed the conversion to Coke products it definitely won't be there.

25 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

There's a 'dress up or not' night.  Overall, nothing special unless you want to make it so.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

1.  You get body wash and shampoo.  they are in refillable dispensers in the shower, so you don't know what brand it is.  I didn't look too hard at the shampoo, so I don't know if it's a shampoo/conditioner mix.  If not, then there is no conditioner.  And there is no lotion provided.  I don't know if you can request lotion or not

4.  yes, you can request coffee.  the pot itself may be tucked away in your closet.  Either way, you can ask your steward to keep you stocked with coffee.  You can also order coffee (and other continental items) for breakfast for now fee.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

4.  yes, you can request coffee.  the pot itself may be tucked away in your closet.  Either way, you can ask your steward to keep you stocked with coffee.  You can also order coffee (and other continental items) for breakfast for now fee.

^^^This. We were on the Bliss last month and our little one-cup coffee maker was on the top shelf of the closet. We put it on the desk and asked the room steward to keep us stocked with coffee. No problem.  🙂

Denise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 54Carol said:

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I've seen the powdered creamer on a couple of occasions, but mostly the liquid.  I don't use either one because I'm a little picky about what goes in my coffee, but some type of creamer will be available in both your room and any of the restaurants.

There's also the Starbucks on board where you can access the "coffee fixins" station.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

tshirt and jeans for dining anywhere on the ship is fine

there may be a few exceptions to this.  for example, on the Getaway, you have to have a collard shirt and closed toed shoes in Ocean Blue and Le Bistro.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 54Carol said:

We are new to the NCL line and sailing in a balcony room on the Bliss in January. 

1.  Do they have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body soap?  If so, what is the brand?

1.  As others have mentioned, there are shampoo and body wash dispensers in the regular cabins.  If you're even mildly picky about that kind of thing, bring your own.  As noted, there is fancier stuff in the premium cabins (Haven and suites.)

2.  Yes.

3.  Yes

4.  I don't drink coffee (and Premium Plus includes SBUX) so I didn't notice.

5.  Not anymore.  That's a Pepsi product and the ships have switched to Coke.  I'm a Diet MD fan and was going through withdrawal.

6.  See 4.  I saw friends with liquid creamer but not sure about the powder.

7.  Not really.  There's an optional dressy night.  I'm just off the Joy and much fewer than half tend to participate.  Of those who did, women tended to dress fancier than their spouses 🙂  Going back even 5 years, you'd see guys in black tie.  I didn't see anyone this time (though I've noticed even business dress codes have relaxed post-pandemic.)

8.  Ocean Blue and Le Bistro are specialty restaurants and dress code is no shorts and collared shirt.  Polo shirts and Dockers (which I pretty much live in) are fine.  I didn't eat in Manhattan Room (MDR) but heard that is similar though perhaps not uniformly enforced.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 54Carol said:

1.  Do they have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body soap?  If so, what is the brand? There is no-name-brand body soap and a combined shampoo/conditioner in dispensers in the shower.

2.  Do they have safes in the room? Standard small hotel safe in every room. Could hold a tablet, not a laptop. 

3.  Are there hair dryers? Yes

4.  Are there coffee pots? You can request one from your room steward. They may provide one to balcony guest.

5.  Do they have Mountain Dew?  No

6.  Do they have powered coffee creamer in the restaurants? No. Real cream. 

7.  Do they have gala nights? No.

8.  What is the dress code for dinners? Shorts are allowed in all restaurants for all meals except Specialty Dining Le Bistro and Ocean Blue. In those two restaurants on the ship, gents are kindly asked to wear long pants (jeans or dockers are fine). 

image.png.2f73ea0c60a1c206450dd57ae719b517.png

image.png.e4d8dd1696e4615adca3b9da6227a94c.png

• Like 2

Thank you all for your responses.  It is much appreciated.

Another question .....

How much is laundry service?

Is there a place on NCL website that has all this info?   I can't seem to find it if it does.

Edited by 54Carol
Addition

4 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

Another question .....

Is there a place on NCL website that has all this info?   I can't seem to find it if it does.

NCL has a $29.00 fill-the-bag (around mid-week) laundry "special".  Otherwise, the list price per piece is rather crazy.  And there is NO self-laundry available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 54Carol said:

Thank you all for your responses.  It is much appreciated.

Another question .....

On the NCL website, all the way at the bottom is a FAQ area. If you click on that, there are many tabs that can open, depending on what you're looking for. There's a lot of information and even if you think some of it might not apply to you, it can be helpful. Happy Sailing!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phillygwm said:

8.  Ocean Blue and Le Bistro are specialty restaurants and dress code is no shorts and collared shirt.  Polo shirts and Dockers (which I pretty much live in) are fine.  I didn't eat in Manhattan Room (MDR) but heard that is similar though perhaps not uniformly enforced.

Ocean blue dress code is not enforced. I just got off the joy and dine in ocean blue without a collared shirt