Live review - Reflection 10-31-22 TA

Jazzbo

We stopped by Cafe Al Bacio after lunch for coffee. A dúo named Neptune was playing classical music. They are two young women from Poland; one plays the violin, the other plays the cello. We really enjoyed them.

We got to the Martini Bar just as the “show” was ending. 

We weren’t very hungry last night so we decided to try Oceanview for dinner. All I can say is that it was a good thing we weren’t hungry!

I woke up this morning feeling dizzy and nauseous — seasick. 🥴 I hope the Dramamine kicks in soon.

93DD8C99-8400-4689-AB57-D4F5B43C4E4F.jpeg

0ACC3E03-E2B0-4CE0-A7A9-1CA2E2D60BEB.jpeg

On 11/8/2022 at 8:46 AM, calicakes said:

We too visited the food hall on our September Reflection cruise.  I had a wonderful cannoli and brought back some EVOO. 

We spent a week in Florence post cruise and would go every afternoon for a small lunch, sweet and coffee.   Love the variety you can find.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NBliving said:

Hope you feel better soon! Enjoying your review!

Definitely - feel better soon - it is no fun. After a bout of seasickness which caused me to miss 2 meals 😮 I take bonine every day, regardless of weather conditions!

Edited by librarylady19
  • Like 1

The non-drowsy Dramamine took a few hours, but I finally felt well enough to have some melon in the early afternoon.

While waiting in Cafe Al Bacio for our 8:00 reservation in Tuscan, a lovely woman asked me if we were Jazzbo and Larry. She recognized us from this review. We had a pleasant conversation with her and her husband. They are from Switzerland. They had planned to spend 9 days in Florida (I believe she said they have friends in Naples), but the damage from Hurricanes Ian and Nicole changed their plans and they will be flying back to Zurich from Miami.

They had just finished dinner at Tuscan, and she said it was so-so. We were more fortunate. Larry had the crispy calamari, which was okay. I had the arugula and goat cheese salad, which was delicious. We both had the filet mignon, cooked as requested with a deliciously decadent gorgonzola sauce. The broccolini aglio e olio side was delicious, the eggplant parm side was so-so, and the cacio e pepe side was bland and dry. 

Hey Jazzbo/anyone else on this sailing,

Could you please swing by the World Class Bat and see if t hey are still offering the Tropically Yours?  That's my favorite but i haven't seen it on any menus lately.  We are on the Reflection in about a month and I need to know if I need to find a new pre dinner drink ;-).

We are thinking about reserving an alcove cabana when we are on Reflection in 3 weeks.  I was curious if the cabana has chair/couch type seating or whether there are lounge chairs in the cabana or nearby to lay out.  Pictures we have seen online seem to show we wouldn't have the typical lounge chairs that around the pools. 

Yesterday was a beautiful day. We enjoyed hanging out by the pool, as did many of our fellow passengers. Cruise Director Giuseppe and Activities Director Nacho had passengers dancing poolside.

Last night was the final evening chic night. We were seated in Blu at a 2-top next to two other couples, when I realized I knew one of the men. We both had served on the Executive Council of the City, County and Local Government Section of the Florida Bar and we are both Past Chairs of the Section. Small world!

We returned to our stateroom to find our disembarkation luggage tags. 😕

I was up early this morning. Gaining an hour most nights has finally caught up with me.

30B1FD33-DCC9-4754-93D9-B2632F80E961.jpeg

D09A6583-3115-415D-A3DD-5E00CAD97F20.jpeg

DDCA41BA-716B-4106-AC12-48974B4B96FF.jpeg

A62C5DAF-4099-43C9-A4DB-940ACC110BAA.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chisoxjmp said:

We are thinking about reserving an alcove cabana when we are on Reflection in 3 weeks.  I was curious if the cabana has chair/couch type seating or whether there are lounge chairs in the cabana or nearby to lay out.  Pictures we have seen online seem to show we wouldn't have the typical lounge chairs that around the pools. 

@chisoxjmp

I just took some photos of the cabanas. You are correct; they don’t have the loungers that are around the pool.

ECF98A38-6096-45C9-B839-267AFEB64912.jpeg

25C0FA53-DBCF-4516-B660-D5866EEDD279.jpeg

2A8891B1-EC39-4078-A436-662F98D0E911.jpeg

2 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Hope you are feeling better. You two look great. Mahalo for sharing your voyage with us!

Thank you. I am feeling much better. And you are very welcome. I’ve learned so much from other live reviews, I decided to do one myself this cruise.

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Do they still have the grass on the sides ? 
did they make the Sunset Bar seating area bigger ? 

I don’t remember the seating area from last time we were on Reflection, but we just happen to be sitting at Sunset Bar! And yes, they still have the grass either side.

159EC06A-760E-4D93-B7B5-FEE399CB1642.jpeg

12D8F1F4-9D92-48FF-AA94-36B58D2A291D.jpeg

2A6CA5ED-38E9-4EDC-8211-D6EAE95AB296.jpeg

E09DBA22-0D02-4811-BB54-DBAB0EF54E82.jpeg

3F328B47-7FA1-4FDF-9FFA-072749218E53.jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

Captain Matt just announced zero cases of COVID among the crew (they are all tested weekly), so masks are optional for the crew. 👍🏻

We board Reflection in 8 days.  We are Looking forward to being back on the ship, and looking forward to seeing Captain Matt.  So, thanks again for posting.  😊

12 minutes ago, Texed said:

We board Reflection in 8 days.  We are Looking forward to being back on the ship, and looking forward to seeing Captain Matt.  So, thanks again for posting.  😊

My pleasure, @Texed. I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. There is no waffle station. Instead, they prepare waffles & pancakes back in the kitchen and bring them out in pans. I should have taken a picture. 😕

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm enjoying your trip report and thank you for your time spent on posting. If you can answer a question you may have overlooked;were there any changes made to Michael's Club? 

@kwokpot, we are not in a suite, so I can’t answer that. But it is still Michael’s Club, not The Retreat.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

My pleasure, @Texed. I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. There is no waffle station. Instead, they prepare waffles & pancakes back in the kitchen and bring them out in pans. I should have taken a picture. 😕

Good thing  I don’t cruise for their waffles 

They we’re usually cold by the time you get to your seat 🥶😁

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with pictures.  We'll be onboard for two weeks beginning on Nov. 27 so I've been following along.  We're also in Aqua because we love Blu, especially the service so hopefully we'll get a good waiter and sommelier.  Do you have any recommendations?

Sue