Refreshed MDR Menu

asilde

I'm sailing Jewel Nov. 6 (first cruise back in USA) and can see the dining menus are very different than usual.

But don't get your hopes up. The menu you see now is for a European cruise. Things can change dramatically when she gets here.

It depends on what they can get from their U.S. food vendors. I've sailed after a T.A. and found some unusual condiments in the W.J. which were gone in a couple days.

Fingers crossed we get lucky!

• Thanks 1

I wish they would change the menu options every year 😮 or two. I know we all have our favorites but I'd be willing to forgo those for some newer, different options. They could keep the "available every night" options but change the main entree offerings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I wish they would change the menu options every year 😮 or two. I know we all have our favorites but I'd be willing to forgo those for some newer, different options. They could keep the "available every night" options but change the main entree offerings.

Also would like them to refresh things once in a while.

Get rid of the pork chops (2 varieties).  They were dry and chewy.  Sampled them on Allure, Anthem and Oasis and I guess all 3 Chief Chefs went to the same school. I do a better job at home by using "Shake & Bake".🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

I think you spelled prime rib wrong 😆

Actually, I have found the prime rib to be hit or miss.  Sometimes pretty good but sometimes fatty and chewy.  I'll stick with the delicious short ribs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Actually, I have found the prime rib to be hit or miss.  Sometimes pretty good but sometimes fatty and chewy.  I'll stick with the delicious short ribs.

Oh yeah. The short ribs are good. Keep the lobster, prime rib, short ribs, filet, escargots, and french onion soup and I will be happy.

18 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Oh yeah. The short ribs are good. Keep the lobster, prime rib, short ribs, filet, escargots, and french onion soup and I will be happy.

keep everything, but let the snails crawl away hahahaha  sorry had to 🙂  🙂

10 hours ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

I saw Newl and interesting items on the Anthem menu. Different kinds of pies plus an Indian dish every night. Then I realized it was probably because it's sailing transatlantic from the UK, and they'll probably get rid of them when they sail from the US.

The 9 night Norway out of Amsterdam I was on last August/Sept had a different type of pie (Entre type,  not desert!) every night. I just assumed it was because of the proximity to our friends from the British Isles. I had a few.

Edited by RedIguana
I cants rite wells befores coffees

12 hours ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

I saw Newl and interesting items on the Anthem menu. Different kinds of pies plus an Indian dish every night. Then I realized it was probably because it's sailing transatlantic from the UK, and they'll probably get rid of them when they sail from the US.

DH commented on those pies and Indian dishes when previewing menus for our Wonder cruise.  I warned him the menus might change when the ship moved.