Best martini current options

mina

On 10/30/2022 at 7:48 AM, pppatpc2 said:

I have many comments, regarding several of these posts, but don’t know how to quote more than one person.

46 minutes ago, PTMary said:

Hit the "+" to the left of the "Quote" button and the "+" on any additional posts you want to quote and you will be able to include two or more quotes. 

And then once you have done that click on the resultant box that looks like this:

image.png.df94d9e5b9ddd2cefb59f357ba7e46c6.png

3 hours ago, PTMary said:

Hit the "+" to the left of the "Quote" button and the "+" on any additional posts you want to quote and you will be able to include two or more quotes. 

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

And then once you have done that click on the resultant box that looks like this:

image.png.df94d9e5b9ddd2cefb59f357ba7e46c6.png

Look at me go!  Thanks for the tip.

I enjoyed many chairman of the board, vesper, and gin martinis on Caribbean Princess recently. Challenge was, it was a port heavy cruise so when in port, only a few bars were open, and the one or two open were wildly busy. By the time I’d get the drink, it was hit or miss - meh, or yummy. I also didn’t like that they precut the “twist”, so not sure the drink got much essential oil from the citrus. But, still fun to have the drink pack and be able to explore different flavours. I do find the martinis taste way better when you manage to get one of the few seats at the bar and become a regular. And crooners or explorer were much better martinis.

REALLY miss the olive tray and nut snacks.

Edited by kluv2cruz
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The best martini is the one you like the best. It is entirely individual. My wife drinks grey goose up no vermouth but once once in awhile will do a traditional chocolate martini in the afternoon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee H said:

I am looking for the recipe for the Baked Alaska Martini. I love them!

Found through google so not taking credit nor have I tried it.

Ingredients:

• 2 oz. vanilla vodka
  • 1 oz. chocolate liqueur
  • 1 oz. raspberry liqueur
  • 1 oz. simple syrup
  • Ice cubes
  • Toasted marshmallow or meringue for garnish

Instructions:

1. Spot the martini glass in the cooler for a couple of moments to chill.
  2. On the off chance that you are using a marshmallow, toast it gently with a toasting device or kitchen light until brilliant brown. In the case of using meringue, you can pipe a modest quantity onto a baking sheet and toast it in the broiler.
  3. Fill a shaker with 3D ice cubes.
  4. Pour in the vanilla vodka, chocolate alcohol, raspberry alcohol, and straightforward syrup into the shaker.
  5. Secure the shaker cover and shake the fixings overwhelmingly for around 15–20 seconds. This guarantees appropriate blending and chilling.
  6. Eliminate the martini glass from the cooler and strain the mixed drink into the chilled glass.
  7. Put the toasted marshmallow or meringue on top of the mixed drink for that Baked Alaska contact.
  8. Present the baked Alaska Martini with style, and serve right away.Partake in the wonderful combination of flavours and the exquisite show suggestive of an exemplary baked Alaska dessert. Cheers to your custom-made Baked Alaska Martini experience!

On 10/30/2022 at 5:43 PM, Upper Bob said:

Just off the Caribbean Princess and (with the Princess Plus Package) my wife was not charged extra for the Espresso Martini in the Wheelhouse Bar. The Tropitini was still available in Crooners. I'm attaching Crooners menu from the Enchanted back in April before the addition of the "Premier" package, so some prices may have changed. If anyone is interested, I have pdf menus of most every venue on the Enchanted Princess.

Crooners menu.pdf 60.22 kB · 78 downloads

I'd love to see more menus from the Enchanted Princess. If there's a link to them or you mean to share them here, that would be great. Thank you and happy travels!

5 hours ago, Lee H said:

I am looking for the recipe for the Baked Alaska Martini. I love them!

Here’s another version to give a try:

After some fun experimentation, we like 3 parts vodka, 1 part chocolate, 1 part raspberry, 1 part lemon, and drop the simple syrup.  Somehow the drink in the video is missing that nice pink color I get at home (and at Crooners!)

• Thanks 1

@mina I have the "deck of cards" martini recipes mentioned by Thrak. Here is the one for the Tropitini (which is one my favorites to make at home):

l l/2 oz. Capt. Morgan rum

1 oz. Cruzan Coconut Rum

l/2 oz. Creme De Banana

Chilled over ice and strained. Garnished with crunchy coconut and a zesty lemon twist.

Enjoy!

On 11/6/2022 at 1:58 PM, kluv2cruz said:

I enjoyed many chairman of the board, vesper, and gin martinis on Caribbean Princess recently. Challenge was, it was a port heavy cruise so when in port, only a few bars were open, and the one or two open were wildly busy. By the time I’d get the drink, it was hit or miss - meh, or yummy. I also didn’t like that they precut the “twist”, so not sure the drink got much essential oil from the citrus. But, still fun to have the drink pack and be able to explore different flavours. I do find the martinis taste way better when you manage to get one of the few seats at the bar and become a regular. And crooners or explorer were much better martinis.

REALLY miss the olive tray and nut snacks.

We can almost always get seats at Wheelhouse and Crooners as people seem to want to sit at tables

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, konatyme said:

@mina I have the "deck of cards" martini recipes mentioned by Thrak. Here is the one for the Tropitini (which is one my favorites to make at home):

l l/2 oz. Capt. Morgan rum

1 oz. Cruzan Coconut Rum

l/2 oz. Creme De Banana

Chilled over ice and strained. Garnished with crunchy coconut and a zesty lemon twist.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much!