Best martini current options

mina

Ok, we sail a week from this Sunday on the Royal.  The drink menus appear to have changed and our favorite -- the TROPITINI is no longer showing on any menu.  We found, even when it was on the menu, most bartenders did not know how to make it so we would have to order it from the online app.  However, now its gone from there!  OMG the HORROR.  There appear to be a few new options though - like the Baked Alaska Martini, sounds yummy.  Anyone try it?   Any recent cruisers want to recommend a good first martini of the cruise?  We are sweet people, so no dirty olive martinis for us.   

Edited by mina

The Chairman of the Board doesn't seem to be on the new menus either but I was able to order it in on Royal Princess in May.  If you know the ingredients for the Tropitini I'm sure they will make it for you in Crooner's and likely other bars as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

The Chairman of the Board doesn't seem to be on the new menus either but I was able to order it in on Royal Princess in May.  If you know the ingredients for the Tropitini I'm sure they will make it for you in Crooner's and likely other bars as well.

You would think I would remember the ingredients -- but....  probably drank too many of them .....  will have to google it!

• Like 1

I do miss the old martini menu at Crooners.

It has been a while since we cruised, but

After the menu changed I felt it was luck of the draw if someone could recreate my favorite, Quantum of Solace. It had to of been someone who had worked there before and remembered it. 

I agree with Thrak, if you find the ingredients, they will be happy to try for you! 

Let us know how it goes and if they get it right! ☺️

• Like 2

Even though "Key Line" martini is no longer on the menu, I was able to order it.

Below is a image that I think is of the "Baked Alaska" martini.....I know we ordered it at the same time we ordered a "Dirty Banana", if I remember correctly the martini was good.

I Pad image 2.jpeg

• Like 2

My favorites are the Milky Way, the Bugsy, the Cosmopolitan, and the Raspberry Creme Brûlée. I did like the Baked Alaska and Margatini. The Toasted Almond is good too. In the Explorer’s bar, on Ruby Princess, they make a drink called the Mayan Heat. It’s sweet and spicy. I had the first one on the rocks, but liked it even better straight up in a martini glass.

DF0F18A1-6360-4205-A3AC-FA91602CEC12.jpeg

D86443BF-72CF-44D4-9088-10D3B9561153.jpeg

11B9D08B-EE79-42CB-822D-441B9AE185DD.jpeg

FCF0D80F-35B3-4CF1-A2C3-C1EA8F6248C7.jpeg

C847BF55-E1C0-4CB5-AEE0-35E40E6FEE7E.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

One used to be able to get packs of playing cards from Crooners. The 52 cards each had a recipe on the back. I got 2 decks but gave them to my sons. Sadly, I don't think either of them has any idea what happened to the cards and I really wish I had kept a deck for myself.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

I had a Tropitini (or 5) on Regal earlier this month. No one gave me a sideways glance when I ordered it, except my wife!

My husband will be so happy, that is his drink more than mine!  Do you remember what is in it, I can’t find the recipe on google.

4 minutes ago, mina said:

My husband will be so happy, that is his drink more than mine!  Do you remember what is in it, I can’t find the recipe on google.

Not completely. But it had rum, pineapple and coconut in some form or another and if you put those three things together in a cocktail, I’m in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mina said:

Great options!  The baked Alaska looks great.  @partybarbiewhat is the blue creamy martini in the first pic?  I think that is gonna have to go on my list!

The first photo is the Bugsy. It’s actually a light brown color. It is made with Irish cream, expresso and creme de menthe, but it is not overly minty or coffee tasting. It’s more like a Bailey’s with a little something extra. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jasbo49 said:

Chairman of the Board remains in the Crooners menu, at least on Regal this week and last.

Thing is, I'm not really sure it's a martini. It's certainly not served in a traditional martini glass.

Jim

Closer to a martini than some of those other foo foo drinks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On our cruise on the Enchanted in September the Chairman of the board was on the menu but it used a different gin. We requested Bombay Sapphire gin instead and everything was fine. Why they re-formulated it I have no idea.

DH is a fan of the Chairman, though will try most any martini that includes gin or vodka. About ten years ago, while in Anchorage, I tried a blood orange cosmo and have been drinking them ever since. It's not something I've ever seen on a cruise ship until I recently searched through the Enchanted's various bar menus and discovered one of the bars uses the blood orange syrup in another drink. We'll be on the Enchanted in three weeks, so I'll be heading to that particular bar to request my martini of choice. My sister, the former bourbon drinker, has now switched to the blood orange martini, so there will be two of us enjoying our beverage package.

Darcy

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rhblake said:

On our cruise on the Enchanted in September the Chairman of the board was on the menu but it used a different gin. We requested Bombay Sapphire gin instead and everything was fine. Why they re-formulated it I have no idea.

Chairman of the Board. I prefer the original recipe.

Original Recipe
3 parts Grey Goose Vodka
3 parts Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 part Cointreau
Chilled over ice and strained
Rim glass with twist then use as garnish

New Revised Recipe

image.png.262af6913f98b93ba64a7b2088d18325.png

• Thanks 2