Best martini current options

mina

19 hours ago, partybarbie said:

My favorites are the Milky Way, the Bugsy, the Cosmopolitan, and the Raspberry Creme Brûlée. I did like the Baked Alaska and Margatini. The Toasted Almond is good too. In the Explorer’s bar, on Ruby Princess, they make a drink called the Mayan Heat. It’s sweet and spicy. I had the first one on the rocks, but liked it even better straight up in a martini glass.

DF0F18A1-6360-4205-A3AC-FA91602CEC12.jpeg

D86443BF-72CF-44D4-9088-10D3B9561153.jpeg

11B9D08B-EE79-42CB-822D-441B9AE185DD.jpeg

FCF0D80F-35B3-4CF1-A2C3-C1EA8F6248C7.jpeg

C847BF55-E1C0-4CB5-AEE0-35E40E6FEE7E.jpeg

Hi.  I'm always on a search for a "spicy" or "savory" cocktail/martini (other than a Bloody Mary).  I will definitely be requesting a Mayan Heat after reviewing Princess's recipe for it.  Is it shown in any of the pictures you posted?

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

The Chairman of the Board doesn't seem to be on the new menus either but I was able to order it in on Royal Princess in May.  If you know the ingredients for the Tropitini I'm sure they will make it for you in Crooner's and likely other bars as well.

Good news.  DH loves the things (when he can still sit upright) 😙 but he didn't think to ask specially for it last cruise.

At home, he does straight up 007s.  On a Carnival cruise, he had to explain to the (very young) bartender how to make one.  After that, the bartender called him James Bond whenever we passed by his bar.

Just cuz it's in a martini glass doesn't mean it's a martini--quoting DH.

Edited by Kay S
  • Like 1

I happen to have the deck of cards with the martini recipes: 

TROPITINI

1 1/2 oz Captain Morgan

1 oz Cruzan Coconut Rum

1/2 oz Creme De Banana

Chilled over ice and strained 

Garnished with crunchy coconut and a zesty lemon twist

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

Just cuz it's in a martini glass doesn't mean it's a martini--quoting DH.

Totally agree. Also, a martini doesn't have to be in a martini glass. When I get a Chairman of the Board to take with me to the theater I have them put it in a rocks glass so I can carry it without spilling. (I also don't like margarita glasses so I always order my 24K Gold Margarita in a rocks glass. No salt, please.)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ccr1956 said:

I happen to have the deck of cards with the martini recipes: 

TROPITINI

1 1/2 oz Captain Morgan

1 oz Cruzan Coconut Rum

1/2 oz Creme De Banana

Chilled over ice and strained 

Garnished with crunchy coconut and a zesty lemon twist

Thank you!

19 hours ago, beckntom said:

Hi.  I'm always on a search for a "spicy" or "savory" cocktail/martini (other than a Bloody Mary).  I will definitely be requesting a Mayan Heat after reviewing Princess's recipe for it.  Is it shown in any of the pictures you posted?

It was so good, and I was enjoying it so much, I forgot to take a picture. It’s definitely one of my new favorites.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

Not the espresso martini. I believe that one is $15.But most martinis, except for a few, are included in the Plus package 

I had the "Plus" package, and was not charged anything extra when I ordered the "expresso" martini. While I could be wrong, I think the "expresso" martini is in the $12 and under range.

20 hours ago, geniesue said:

Sailing through the orchard my new favorite!  Vodka, spiced pear liqueur, elderflower liqueur, triple sec, lemon juice, simple syrup, aromatic bitters, delicious!

I have many comments, regarding several of these posts, but don’t know how to quote more than one person.

First, I am a big fan of Sailing Through the Orchards and the Baked Alaska.  I am a fan of sweet, but not creamy martinis.

Secondly, although most of the martinis are included in Plus package, the espresso martini is a little extra. However, when I was on the Island in August, if I ordered it in Explorers, they called it something different and said “oh, you mean the blah blah”, which is included.

Also, my personal favorite “secret” martini, which was only listed on an Asian cruise I took, was the Crouching Tiger.  It is raspberry and lychee, and rarely available, but I have found the last two cruises they will make it for me in Explorer’s.  

For sweet/spicy, I like the watermelon drink at Good Spirits.

I also wish I could get a pack of the martini cards.  I have 21 sea days coming up to do more “research”.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruiser113 said:

just off  the Enchanted...the  expresso martin in  the Cronners bar  was  $15.

Was just off the Ruby (plus package only).........and I wasn't charged extra for it. Maybe the server or bartender was just being nice to me and didn't charge me the difference.

• Like 2

Just off the Caribbean Princess and (with the Princess Plus Package) my wife was not charged extra for the Espresso Martini in the Wheelhouse Bar. The Tropitini was still available in Crooners. I'm attaching Crooners menu from the Enchanted back in April before the addition of the "Premier" package, so some prices may have changed. If anyone is interested, I have pdf menus of most every venue on the Enchanted Princess.

Crooners menu.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/29/2022 at 10:34 AM, fellswoop said:

On board now. I thought the baked alaska was too sweet. My new fav is french martini...up or on the rocks. It might give you that tropical vibe cuz there's a splash of pineapple in it.

I just got off the Royal this morning. I loved the French martini. 
everything on the ship was top notch. Already missing my cruise. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, candy4040 said:

I'd gladly pay to get a pack of the martini cards.  Too bad Princess doesn't offer it in one of the shops on ship.  If anyone out there wants to sell their cards, let me know.   Love me a good martini!

They used to be sold at Crooner's. I've looked online and can't find any for sale. I found one listing that had sold for $10 but, like I said, it had sold.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:46 PM, jasbo49 said:

Chairman of the Board remains in the Crooners menu, at least on Regal this week and last.

Thing is, I'm not really sure it's a martini. It's certainly not served in a traditional martini glass.

Jim

Unless I ask specifically for a rocks glass to carry to the theater it has always been served to me in a traditional martini glass. I had a couple on Royal Princess in May and they were served in martini glasses. I always order it with a twist. Olives are disgusting in a Chairman of the Board. They don't fit with the Cointreau at all.

image.png.8b4b523a3e7c5752b87bdbf0c11f7096.png

Edited by Thrak

19 hours ago, candy4040 said:

I'd gladly pay to get a pack of the martini cards.  Too bad Princess doesn't offer it in one of the shops on ship.  If anyone out there wants to sell their cards, let me know.   Love me a good martini!

You can order a pack through the app but only when you're on the ship 

6 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

You can order a pack through the app but only when you're on the ship 

Are these actually the Tee Many Martoonies cards with drink recipes on them or just the standard Princess playing cards? The regular ones with the Princess logo are readily available online.

I carry a printed off copy of the Crooners martini list from around 2015 when I cruise. So long as you get a waiter/bar person who has been around for a while, they are more than happy to let you order off that old menu.

Last cruise I got to take with my late wife, first day aboard, she tried ordering her go to Quantum of Solace. The waitress said “no longer available and to order off the current menu”. I asked her to come back in 5 mins. I walked up to the bar and asked if they would make me a Quantum of Solace and they said no problem and just tell the waitress that it was OK for us to order it from her next time. No issues after that ordering any of the drinks off the old menu.

• Like 3

On 10/28/2022 at 5:41 PM, Thrak said:

The Chairman of the Board doesn't seem to be on the new menus either but I was able to order it in on Royal Princess in May.  If you know the ingredients for the Tropitini I'm sure they will make it for you in Crooner's and likely other bars as well.

I got into trouble on a certain social media platform in September because I complained that none of the servers on the Majestic Princess knew what a Chairman of the Board was, even at the Elite/Platinum happy hour. I was accused of being an elitist snob for expecting special service at the happy hour (it's been a standard drink there for years) or for not just telling the bartender how to make one (we never saw bartenders, all orders were taken by servers who collected them from bars that were sometimes floors away). The darn thing blew up and had hundreds of replies in a couple of hours. Someone a Princess must have been reading it because from that point on, EVERY server knew what a Chairman of the Board was. Still can't order it from the app but, you know, baby steps.

Anyway, the Chairman of the Board is my favorite martini.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2theship said:

I got into trouble on a certain social media platform in September because I complained that none of the servers on the Majestic Princess knew what a Chairman of the Board was, even at the Elite/Platinum happy hour.

I ordered one at the PES nosh on Royal Princess in May with no problems. The server accidentally slopped a little of it when serving and, by way of apology, placed a second on on the table that he had on his tray so someone else must have ordered the same thing. Any bartender that has been with Princess for any length of time will know how to make the thing. Servers are another thing altogether. I've had them tell me flat out that my 24K Gold Margarita won't fit in a rocks glass. I have to explain to them that a margarita that isn't frozen (a bunch of stupid ice to ruin the drink) will fit just fine in that type of glass. The bartenders understand but the servers are sometimes just completely clueless.

On 10/30/2022 at 7:48 AM, pppatpc2 said:

I have many comments, regarding several of these posts, but don’t know how to quote more than one person.

Hit the "+" to the left of the "Quote" button and the "+" on any additional posts you want to quote and you will be able to include two or more quotes. 

• Like 1