Amazon river question for past cruisers

Crusin-Suzan

5 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Water conversation was requested on our Amazon cruise and the Captain said later we saved about 30%.

Bugs and moths: up on the top deck is a great place to see them.  We had a bat on the lower prom (Veendam) and a cricket or two.

🤮.  I’ve heard this before.  I’d like to do this cruise someday but I’d struggle with the bug situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Loved our Amazon cruise, yes there are bugs laying on the deck in the morning, but they never bothered us during the day. We did two excursions, one to a rubber plantation & an Indian village, never had any bugs.

DSC_5600.JPG

DSC_5601.JPG

DSC_5719.JPG

DSC_5744.JPG

DSC_5765.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mary229 said:

That’s interesting and thanks for the heads up.  I await the experts but I imagine it is because their water conversion system is for salt water, not fresh water.  

In fact, the water makers would have an easier time making potable water from fresh than from salt.  No, the reason is that the ship is not allowed to make water when within 12 miles of shore, as there is greater risk of contamination or infectious disease close to shore, where municipal or industrial outfalls are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4