Drink Inventory Issues

Ripheus

Hi everyone! 

DW (@Moochi) and I are gearing up for our next cruise (our honeymoon) leaving San Juan on December 17th. We had a fantastic time on the Millennium in April, but we found the alcohol selection severely lacking. It seemed like anything we ordered off the menu was just not available then. I imagine most of the issues were from the rampant supply chain disruptions then.  Have these issues been more or less resolved on the more recent cruises? Is there anything, particularly from the whisky/whiskey selection, that still isn't readily available? How about the wines?

Thank you! 

Edited by Ripheus
Incorrect title

• Ripheus changed the title to Drink Inventory Issues

Been on many cruises since restart, with the most recent being September.  Can't answer about the whiskey, but there definitely have been shortages on red wine choices.  They were already limited on the premium package IMHO unless you bought a bottle for an upcharge.   I think there is a supply shortage.  I also think they want you to buy bottles so not sure how hard they are trying to get equal quality wines to those you should be getting.  Very frustrating.  In Luminae they worked pretty hard to give us appropriate substitutes (for example, letting us drink a wine by the glass for no charge which normally would be a per bottle charge).  In Blu not so much.

Hi!   Just off of the Beyond yesterday and they were missing things.  Brand new ship.   Didn't matter.  Woodford for example, it was always ordered and on it's way up or they just said they were out.  If they did get it, it seemed to be one bottle. 

Evian.  No little bottles anywhere on the ship. They had the big bottles, thankfully though. 

I think it varies ship by ship and home port by home port.

Have a wonderful honeymoon cruise!

🍹

I have a great idea.

Below is the alcohol policy posted on CC website:

Embarkation day when each guest is permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such container.

They did not mention that the two bottles of wine need to be unopened manufacture sealed right? What if my wine bottles happen to have Woodford Reserve in them?

• Haha 3

Read again...and this is the minimum penalty you could expect...opened containers would be rather obvious...but you're on your own...

ETA: Oh, and Happy Honeymoon!!

Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such container.

Edited by dlh015

2 hours ago, Moochi said:

I have a great idea.

Embarkation day when each guest is permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such container.

They did not mention that the two bottles of wine need to be unopened manufacture sealed right? What if my wine bottles happen to have Woodford Reserve in them?

What you are suggesting would have unfortunate consequences if you were caught.  This has been discussed hundreds of times.

The rule is you are permitted 2 bottles of WINE.  Very clear

I have a great idea.

If that starts happening ultimately they will stop allowing bringing wine on board. 

• Like 1

I have a great idea.

Hi again everyone,

This was DW. We both know we may only bring wine on board. It was a joke, and a sardonic one at that. She was suggesting that we try to sneak something on board that is advertised to be part of the premium beverage package. We aren't planning on flaunting any rules and ruining it for the rest of you. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying. Without an emoji, or some other hint, it can be difficult to discern intention. Perhaps because many, many, similar stunts have been attempted in the past.  The security people have seen it all before. 

1 minute ago, mom says said:

Thanks for clarifying. Without an emoji, or some other hint, it can be difficult to discern intention. Perhaps because many, many, similar stunts have been attempted in the past.  The security people have seen it all before. 

For sure. It would be more than a bit silly to try something like that, but I'm positive someone has tried it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moochi said:

I have a great idea.

Just bring the actual sealed bottle of Woodford Reserve with you and offer to be their newest liquor supplier and sell it to them, because it looks like their current supplier isn't doing a very good job. Heck, you could sell them two bottles at half price each on the condition one of the bottles stays in your cabin. 😁

Some folks say that if life hands you a lemon, make some lemonade. I say, if hands you some corn, rye, malted barley or wheat, make some Whiskey! 🥃

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ripheus said:

Hi everyone! 

DW (@Moochi) and I are gearing up for our next cruise (our honeymoon) leaving San Juan on December 17th. We had a fantastic time on the Millennium in April, but we found the alcohol selection severely lacking. It seemed like anything we ordered off the menu was just not available then. I imagine most of the issues were from the rampant supply chain disruptions then.  Have these issues been more or less resolved on the more recent cruises? Is there anything, particularly from the whisky/whiskey selection, that still isn't readily available? How about the wines?

Thank you! 

Anything besides “Woodford Reserve” that concerns you?  I am currently on the Silhouette and I can check. I think they have it, but I will confirm.

I have not been able to find any Buffalo Trace. (Enjoy it on the Apex TA last October).

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Anything besides “Woodford Reserve” that concerns you?  I am currently on the Silhouette and I can check. I think they have it, but I will confirm.

I have not been able to find any Buffalo Trace. (Enjoy it on the Apex TA last October).

Jagoffee, that's very kind of you. I think we'd be interested to know what American whiskeys they're carrying now. On our April cruise, they were out of stock on all bourbons, ryes, and Tennessee. 

11 hours ago, Ripheus said:

Jagoffee, that's very kind of you. I think we'd be interested to know what American whiskeys they're carrying now. On our April cruise, they were out of stock on all bourbons, ryes, and Tennessee. 

I had the Woodford reserve tonight in the Retreat Lounge.

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I had the Woodford reserve tonight in the Retreat Lounge.

Thank you so much for the good news!

Seeing woodford reserve on the ship, not even the double oaked one, probably makes me as happy as seeing EH Taylor at my local ABC store. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 10:59 PM, Ripheus said:

Hi again everyone,

This was DW. We both know we may only bring wine on board. It was a joke, and a sardonic one at that. She was suggesting that we try to sneak something on board that is advertised to be part of the premium beverage package. We aren't planning on flaunting any rules and ruining it for the rest of you. 

Thank you!

Lots of people smuggle things on board. Liquor, weed, hair dryers, etc. 

some get caught. Some don’t. Let your conscience be your guide. Not cruise critic members. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Buffalo Trace was available last week at most bars on Beyond. Guess it depends on the ship and the port. 

36 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Lots of people smuggle things on board. Liquor, weed, hair dryers, etc. 

some get caught. Some don’t. Let your conscience be your guide. Not cruise critic members. 

Hair dryers are allowed. 

• Thanks 1