New to Royal!

Elsammo46

Hi everyone, I've cruised with Carnival, Norwegian, and MSC in the past but I just booked my first cruise with Royal Caribbean! I'll be going on Wonder of the Seas in January out of port Canaveral and I'm so excited to try a new line! Anything I should know about Royal that differs from the other lines I've taken? Or just any other tips about what to expect would be greatly appreciated as well! 

4 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

Hi everyone, I've cruised with Carnival, Norwegian, and MSC in the past but I just booked my first cruise with Royal Caribbean! I'll be going on Wonder of the Seas in January out of port Canaveral and I'm so excited to try a new line! Anything I should know about Royal that differs from the other lines I've taken? Or just any other tips about what to expect would be greatly appreciated as well! 

So,,, cruise lines are cruise lines. They are all about the same.

Your treat will be the Wonder of the Seas itself. A ship that is unlike anything you have been on before. For some insight and ideas, the link below was from my live post from the inaugural voyage of the Wonder earlier this year. 

Make sure to book all of your entertainment as soon as you board (Main Theater, Studio B Ice Shows, Aqua Theater Aqua Shows, Comedy Club shows)... if you have been on other lines, you know the drill... just more to book. Pro Tip: Book the Aqua shows early in the cruise in case they are cancelled due to weather/rough seas, you may have a chance to see a subsequent show. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, cruise lines are cruise lines. They are all about the same.

Your treat will be the Wonder of the Seas itself. A ship that is unlike anything you have been on before. For some insight and ideas, the link below was from my live post from the inaugural voyage of the Wonder earlier this year. 

Make sure to book all of your entertainment as soon as you board (Main Theater, Studio B Ice Shows, Aqua Theater Aqua Shows, Comedy Club shows)... if you have been on other lines, you know the drill... just more to book. Pro Tip: Book the Aqua shows early in the cruise in case they are cancelled due to weather/rough seas, you may have a chance to see a subsequent show. 

Thank you very much ! Always love your lives!

Royal excels in entertainment.    We thought that NCL's entertainment was awesome, but Royal was even better.

As for dining, Royal is consistently better for MDR dining than NCL.  Celebrity is the best compared to NCL and Royal, but Royal is not far behind.

• Like 2

You may be able to book your entertainment on line .

Others have said 45 days prior to your sale date. 

The comedy club is a small venue and sells out quickly so do that one first.

Try the included food in your cruise fare before you start with the specialty dining as you may find it satisfactory.

Have a great cruise !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

Royal excels in entertainment.    We thought that NCL's entertainment was awesome, but Royal was even better.

As for dining, Royal is consistently better for MDR dining than NCL.  Celebrity is the best compared to NCL and Royal, but Royal is not far behind.

I agree with this completely.  You will not find better entertainment on a cruise ship than on an Oasis Class ship.  You wont have anything like NCL's Howl at the Moon on Royal, which is a shame because thats always a blast.  But you will have so many shows and things to do on Wonder, you will stay busy.

The neighborhood concept on Oasis class also makes it the easiest to get around and remeber where things are.  To me they are the best designed ships I have been on.

NCL's specialty dining is the best Ive had on any line, so Royal and Celebrity specialty dining may be a little disappointing...though still good.

You will find other similarities - Playmakers is essentially the same as O'sheehans - both outstanding.  Playmakers has a cost for the food though if you dont have an UDP.

You will have a blast on the Wonder - enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, cruise lines are cruise lines. They are all about the same

I couldn’t disagree more. Having been on several cruise lines, there are significant differences between cruise lines, especially when you compare higher cost cruise lines to lower cost cruise lines. 

On 11/13/2022 at 12:24 PM, 4774Papa said:

Have you been on a ship of RCCI lately?
main dining room food is not very good.

and that’s being kind

5 hours ago, F355c5 said:

Have you been on a ship of RCCI lately?
main dining room food is not very good.

and that’s being kind

Food is so subjective. I was just on a12 day T/A on the Jewel of the Seas and the food in the MDR was excellent. I never had a bad meal at breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The speciality restaurants on the other hand, I would say don’t pay the extra but of course I am talking about a different class of ship so can’t speak for restaurants on the Wonder.