Silver Cloud and Covid

hoya68

On 11/17/2022 at 3:43 AM, kimanjo said:

Had ordered Envovid ( SanOtize) and started using day of flying, at least 2X per day, everyday.  Now, here is where most will say " no way".

What is Envovid?  Is it a hand sanitizer?  Or is it something else entirely?

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

It is a nasal spray using nitric oxide, claims to kill viruses in the nasal cavity .

https://shop-enovid.com/products/enovid-sanotize-nons-nitric-oxide-nasal-spray

That's it exactly. There was another passenger on our sailing that we met that was using it too.  We've used it all over all travels in South America for months, from our Antarctica trip Nov 2021 until we finally ran out in July in our hiking Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu trip.  And......

Edited by kimanjo

and....? @kimanjo  Thanks for posting about this product. I think I'm going to try it on my next trip.

@spinnaker2 @SLSD It's quite new, sold OTC/online. At least one study shows it's effective at quickly clearing the viral load after a positive covid test. The link posted above will get you to the study, I believe. It's too new to have been tested as a preventative, but the idea makes sense to me. It prevents the virus from attaching to your nasal membrane.

1 hour ago, FauxNom said:

and....? @kimanjo  Thanks for posting about this product. I think I'm going to try it on my next trip.

@spinnaker2 @SLSD It's quite new, sold OTC/online. At least one study shows it's effective at quickly clearing the viral load after a positive covid test. The link posted above will get you to the study, I believe. It's too new to have been tested as a preventative, but the idea makes sense to me. It prevents the virus from attaching to your nasal membrane.

I bought it as well for my next trip. I consider it an additional layer of protection like masks, jabs and social distancing. Its efficacy is still being studied, but it is available for sale in Isreal and parts of Asia - but not US or Canada currently.  Good health to all!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nuka said:

I bought it as well for my next trip. I consider it an additional layer of protection like masks, jabs and social distancing. Its efficacy is still being studied, but it is available for sale in Isreal and parts of Asia - but not US or Canada currently.  Good health to all!

It's not available in the stores around us, but you can get it directly from the manufacturer on line, or from Amazon. It's not cheap at the best of times, and it's really expensive on Amazon.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FauxNom said:

Unfortunately the link to the study shows only declarations of results without showing the methodology. In medical scientific terms the study is worthless without the complete paper to examine. 

It reads as a bit snake oil - ish. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lansea/article/PIIS2772-3682(22)00046-4/fulltext

Clinical outcomes statistically marginally better for NO users. 

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SLSD said:

Is this an accepted product---or just one that claims to kill the viruses?

We also have Xlear ( cheap sold on Amazon) and even good ol' saline spray.  

I've heard  the saying   the solution to pollution is dilution.   Nasal spray and a good mask.  Easy to do.  Worked really well until we ran out. 😞 Still masked, but no spray for the times we had to remove mask. Tested positive.   While hiking for 2 days Machu Picchu.  Wouldn't wish it on anyone.  Especially at +8000 feet.  Probably would have died of a heart attack had I had my oximeter with me and seen what my ox was.  I'm pretty fit, and thought it was the elevation and hiking up exertion.    

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FauxNom said:

So sorry your high elevation hike was so badly derailed @kimanjo

Made it, however it was probably the most difficult thing I've ever done!  All the  young people also hiking those days, seeing me struggling, were so encouraging and enthusiastic, as they were passing me... I seriously couldn't have made had it not been for the cheers and kind words of all those strangers.  My husband who is very, very fit, even struggled a little. I couldn't figure out why it was that hard?? I had been in Arequipa and Colca Canyon, which is a much higher elevation ( some points up to 14,000 ft) the week before and was fine.  Well, we finally figured it out ( duh) after pretty much collapsing back at our lodge.  Food delivery and isolation and rest for a week in Sacred Valley. What a year 2022.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 10:25 AM, hoya68 said:

Captain announced ship exceeded 2% threshold, that crew must wear masks and that passengers are encouraged to wear masks.

How are you doing?  Hope your quarantine ends soon.