Food availability on debarkation??

tweak89

We have not cruised RC yet, but our niece and nephew just boarded the Adventure of the Seas in Galveston for their first cruise.  We've only cruised Carnival so we gave them lots of general advice but did tell them they shouldn't need to spend money on food unless they wanted too.  

So, they are onboard now and were told that the free food options wouldn't be available until 5pm.  Is that really correct?  We're used to free food from several locations on Carnival upon boarding.  Maybe they asked the wrong person or phrased the question improperly.  Anyway, just curious.

20 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Debarkation or embarkation? Also, some people don’t know that Johnny Rockets is free for breakfast. It’s very easy to check app and see what food options are available at any given time. 

Lol had me too about food for debarkation. I thought they wanted it to go or something.

Roast beef at the cafe is free. Assume they are on the allure. The place way up, I think deck 15, has free Mexican but hard to find. It still has old name but new menu as Fresh.  The buffet. They must not have looked around much or need to look at the app. 

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Debarkation or embarkation? Also, some people don’t know that Johnny Rockets is free for breakfast. It’s very easy to check app and see what food options are available at any given time. 

No free Johnny Rockets breakfast on Adventure.

Agree easy to check free options on App.but basically Cafe Promenade or Windjammer for embarkation.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Thanks 1

Is this a joke? No included options for lunch after embarkation? Eating lunch or drinking at a bar is what most people do when they get on the ship. There would be major riots if no free food was available.  Many crew would be able to direct them to lunch. Sorry, seems a bit interesting to me.

Maybe he asked about dinner which might have triggered a response that included 5pm. Or, perhaps it was after lunch in WJ when they are setting up for dinner so that's why he was told after 5pm.  Interesting indeed. I'm hoping things get better for then and they have a great cruise.

6 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I was never on a cruise that had anything free on Johnny Rockets