Flash Sale Instant Savings
$-25.00
30% off every cruise
$-104.00
Subtotal
$239.00
Taxes & fees
$211.20

When I put two +1child or +2 for the same cruise, same room cat & size: $479 + taxes

Cruise fare
$1,030.00
Discounts
$-557.00
Subtotal
$473.00
Taxes & fees
$422.40

How is that Kids Sail Free?  It's suspiciously exactly double.  What am I missing?

I never pay attention to what the current “promotion” is for cruise fares, drink packages, dining packages, etc. The key is to pay attention to the bottom line price of whatever you are looking to purchase. RCI is constantly changing the base price on everything they sell, so 30 percent off, buy one get one free, kids sail for free, etc. offers are usually never as good as they first appear. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Incognito1 said:

RCCL's newest sale: 30% off + Kids Sail Free

When I put in for two people for a short Ensenada getaway: $239 + taxes

Cruise fare
$368.00
Discounts (2)
$-25.00
30% off every cruise
$-104.00
Subtotal
$239.00
Taxes & fees
$211.20

When I put two +1child or +2 for the same cruise, same room cat & size: $479 + taxes

Cruise fare
$1,030.00
Discounts
$-557.00
Subtotal
$473.00
Taxes & fees
$422.40

How is that Kids Sail Free?  It's suspiciously exactly double.  What am I missing?

When you move from a two person cabin to a three or four person cabin, the base cabin fee goes up accordingly. You are correct, kids DO NOT travel free. You must pay a higher cabin fee, port fees, taxes, and wait for it (that gratuity) or service fees on the additional passengers. The price will be the same whether or not they are adults or children. In so many cases, it is cheaper to get two cabins with one adult in each cabin. You then have two bathrooms and much more room per person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Incognito1 said:

RCCL's newest sale: 30% off + Kids Sail Free

When I put in for two people for a short Ensenada getaway: $239 + taxes

Cruise fare
$368.00
Discounts (2)
$-25.00
30% off every cruise
$-104.00
Subtotal
$239.00
Taxes & fees
$211.20

Cruise fare
$1,030.00
Discounts
$-557.00
Subtotal
$473.00
Taxes & fees
$422.40

Cant possibly be the exact cabin category. Look for the cabin category and put it. I'd bet you a donut the 2 person cabin is not the exact same category. 

For instance 4v is for 2  people. A 3v is for 4 pax. Odd categories are for  ore than 2 pax. 6 d is for 2, it's a even number category, a 1d is for more than 2.

Go look and write down the category and it will be a different number even if the same letter.

Bet you owe me a donut and they are slightly different categories which you dont list. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

If you want to see the real discount for the kids sail free program do not compare fares between 2 adults vs 2 adults and 2 kids.  Compare 4 adults vs. 2 adults and 2 kids and you will see there is a good savings between those two.  It has to do with what different categories cabins actually cost as @firefly333 said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

Thanks.  Just seems shady advertising to me.

It is sketchy but in all reality the KSF is about the only real sale they have.  The one time we sailed with our Granddaughter we save significantly because she was under 12.  Had she been older we would have paid more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It is sketchy but in all reality the KSF is about the only real sale they have.  The one time we sailed with our Granddaughter we save significantly because she was under 12.  Had she been older we would have paid more.

Agree. Then as already said a 2 passenger Cabin, 3, 4, different Cat. Cabins. Also many forget Kids Free still required pay for their Port Taxes/Fees and the young age requirement

Edited by ONECRUISER

Their "sales" are just marketing gimmicks. Prices artificially inflated to be able to offer a large discounts that looks good and the price is just what it was before the "sale".  It's confusing to everyone except us old timers that know better. The worst thing it's done is to virtually eliminate our loyalty balcony discount. 

On 11/14/2022 at 8:07 PM, Biker19 said:

Welcome to 2014 RCI advertising when fake sales started. 

Which was an actual sale for about three weeks until they realized it. Then it morphed into a never-ending BOGO Three Card Monty "sale"😇