FutureCruise Book Later - Pick your sailing timeline extended to 1 year

NorthStarStateCruiser

Not sure if this has been discussed previously, but it appears that they extended the time period to pick a sailing (and retain the OBC offer) for book later FutureCruise reservations to 1 year.  I believe it was 90 days previously.

This is a really nice program for folks who know they are going to sail with Celebrity again and want the benefit of that reduced deposit for a later booking.  Also nice that the $100 is refundable after the 1 year if you end up not picking a sailing.

Details on the updated flyer:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/2022_CruiseLater_v2.pdf

I haven't utilized a FutureCruise booking before, so I'm curious what the "Plus One Additional Offer!" entails.  Could someone provide details on that?

image.png.86cbe7fe15834dd0d28b545adf96c74b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

They have always been valid for a year before being automatically refunded, but previously you had to pick a sailing with 90 days to get the OBC. Now you have a year to pick and still be eligible for the onboard booking OBC. The additional offer is just whatever the current sale or promotion is. 

• Thanks 1

Sounds positive to me.     I usually pick up a couple on each cruise -  Just one reminder.   If you are booked with a TA they will be automatically assigned to your current TA unless you specifically request otherwise.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I have that has  another 5887 days to decide 🤣

My problem lately  is our TA has had some great group pricing where I have not been able to use it 

94528CAB-D644-4C02-93BA-076694AB3164.jpeg

The TA that I use gives me group pricing and I can use my Future Cruise Reservation.  I don’t use the discount warehouse.    I am a member and just booked 2 cruises using my reservations.   I checked the price at the warehouse and it was idiotic.    They charged $600 more than the Celebrity rate and then gave $600 in a gift card.     Why would I book with them? 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

34 minutes ago, miched said:

The TA that I use gives me group pricing and I can use my Future Cruise Reservation.  I don’t use the discount warehouse.    I am a member and just booked 2 cruises using my reservations.   I checked the price at the warehouse and it was idiotic.    They charged $600 more than the Celebrity rate and then gave $600 in a gift card.     Why would I book with them? 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Ournext 2 cruise are  the Reflection April TA and Conny TA in November, her price was the the same as Celebrity Sail Only price but with Always included and refundable deposit and over $500 OBC for a balcony 

so if she can’t use my FCR that is ok 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I have that has  another 5887 days to decide 🤣

My problem lately  is our TA has had some great group pricing where I have not been able to use it 

94528CAB-D644-4C02-93BA-076694AB3164.jpeg

Mine show the same but you should read the details from when you booked.   Originally you had to book withing 3 months to get the OBC's but after that you could still use the value for a certain period of time but no OBC then after a certain date they refund to original form of payment.

I"m sure 490 years is probably just a placeholder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Mine show the same but you should read the details from when you booked.   Originally you had to book withing 3 months to get the OBC's but after that you could still use the value for a certain period of time but no OBC then after a certain date they refund to original form of payment.

I"m sure 490 years is probably just a placeholder.

This thing was probably bought 11 years ago 😁 

On 11/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

<snip> it appears that they extended the time period to pick a sailing (and retain the OBC offer) for book later FutureCruise reservations to 1 year.  I believe it was 90 days previously.

This is a really nice program for folks who know they are going to sail with Celebrity again and want the benefit of that reduced deposit for a later booking.  Also nice that the $100 is refundable after the 1 year if you end up not picking a sailing.

Details on the updated flyer:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/2022_CruiseLater_v2.pdf

Is this for new Future Cruise reservations or would it apply to one purchased in March, 2022 that has not yet been used?

I just used two book later certificates with the big box store yesterday.  It was a nightmare as they were clueless how to handle it! I need a TA who can work with those and find more benefits as well!  I plan to purchase more book laters on our cruise in January but hopefully I can find help by then!

• 2 months later...

I wish I could change the title of this topic since they've once again changed the booking window to 6 months for these Book Later onboard bookings.  The time period for both the promotional value and expiration is now 6 months.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/2022_CruiseLater_TCCv2.pdf

image.thumb.png.4a12688752970e4ff0d6d98240cedc3a.png