Arrivecan email from Princess??

riffatsea

26 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I thought we didn't need Arrivecan any more 

We booked a cruise for 2023 that stops in Victoria and Princess sent an email this morning which included instructions to download Arrivecan

What's up with t h at???

Don't worry about it.  Don't download that piece of trash.  Cost us taxpayers over $50M CAD.  It is probably Princess not updating boilerplate text going out in the pre-cruise emails.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, riffatsea said:

I thought we didn't need Arrivecan any more 

We booked a cruise for 2023 that stops in Victoria and Princess sent an email this morning which included instructions to download Arrivecan

What's up with t h at???

You don't have to download anything.  You may create an account and do everything online through ArriveCan's website.

I filled out ArriveCan for Toronto. I believe you can do the same for Vancouver and Montreal. To my knowledge, Canada is not requiring any negative COVID test to travel there. However, ArriveCan helps with declaring what you're bringing into Canada.  During my last experience with Toronto, while I was not close to missing my connecting flight, I also didn't have much time to spare. Immigration was very quick, but had it been backed up, I could have been screwed.

Basically, ArriveCan can help expedite you through immigration.

We are not flying into Canada

I had no trouble downloading and using the app for our cruise in September from NYC to Quebec City

Our cruise this time is going from San Francisco to Alaska with a port stop in Victoria

I don't believe Arrivecan is necessary for that 1 stop

I think it's like previous posters have said that th e emails have not caught up to the change 8n procedure