Norwegian Escape No Specialty Dining For Two?

Jj343434jj

My wife and I are cruising on Dec 10th, our planner just opened yesterday (Nov 19th). We have one specialty dining to use. I went on the cruise planner and all the restaurants only allowed bookings for tables of 4,6,8 or the only 2 person booking was for 9:30 at night. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know a secret to getting a booking at a decent time for two people? 

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

you can make reservations onboard the ship. they only allow a small amount of reservations to be made online

Didn't realize they leave room to make reservations on the ship. We made a reservation to for 4 and I planned on changing it to 2 on the ship anyways. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Jj343434jj said:

My wife and I are cruising on Dec 10th, our planner just opened yesterday (Nov 19th)

Your planner should have allowed making dining reservations 3 months ago, they open at 120 days before the cruise unless you're a higher status or in certain stateroom categories.

• Like 2

Just off the Escape.  I would visit the "restaurant reservation people" shortly after boarding to get this checked off your list so you can get on with enjoying your cruise 🙂  Restaurant reservations are located at the far end of the Guest Service Desk (left hand side). They have all the menus available if you want to look at them before choosing a restaurant, but it sounds like you've made your choices. Have a great cruise!

~Denise

• Like 1

We had no trouble booking for 2, but I booked as soon as it was allowed. We're on the Epic Dec 7, and right now it looks they're only taking 4 and up. But as others have said, you can just go to the restaurant and get a table the old fashioned way. 🙂

12 hours ago, Jj343434jj said:

My wife and I are cruising on Dec 10th, our planner just opened yesterday (Nov 19th). We have one specialty dining to use. I went on the cruise planner and all the restaurants only allowed bookings for tables of 4,6,8 or the only 2 person booking was for 9:30 at night. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know a secret to getting a booking at a decent time for two people? 

I suspect they went a long time ago, at under 3 weeks to go there won't be much left online so make your reservations as soon as you board.

I made all my reservations at 120 days, I took a look yesterday (103 days) and it looked similar to your description, there were very few reservations for two people left & most of the popular time slots were gone for those days that still had room for two people,.