Inside room and Covid

Hi all, has anyone had Covid and been in a inside room ?

Were you allowed to take in some fresh air once in awhile?

Hoping it never eventuates for us in Feb but there seems to be a lot of Covid  around both on land and sea

Cheers Carole

Edited by Elorac123
Spelling
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I doubt they would allow anyone out of their cabin if they tested positive. That's one reason we're booking cabins with balconies now. It certainly paid off on our last cruise when I got Covid. 

Absolutely right Julie, we came off the Pacific Encounter about a week ago.

Hil would have been round the bend, if we hadn't fortunately booked a balcony room, plus doubly lucky TA got us a transfer to a disabled cabin at the last week before the cruise. so it was very roomy.

But she still felt locked up.

As I was negative I was able to leave to get things but still had to return to the cabin for most of the time.

We normally book inside so we can have more money to spend on cruising, so glad we made the splurge this time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Absolutely right Julie, we came off the Pacific Encounter about a week ago.

Hil would have been round the bend, if we hadn't fortunately booked a balcony room, plus doubly lucky TA got us a transfer to a disabled cabin at the last week before the cruise. so it was very roomy.

But she still felt locked up.

As I was negative I was able to leave to get things but still had to return to the cabin for most of the time.

We normally book inside so we can have more money to spend on cruising, so glad we made the splurge this time.

We were glad too. We only booked that cruise a week before embarkation day and scored a minisuite so we were very comfortable in isolation. Definitely worth the splurge.

9 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

No cabins available to change to so will just hope we stay healthy 

Cheers Carole

Main thing keep using those masks when in close contact with others, don't care what they think.

No fun sitting in any cabin for most of a cruise.

Sanitise, don't touch hand rails, don't use lifts if possible, you know all the usual cruise things.

Have fun'

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Main thing keep using those masks when in close contact with others, don't care what they think.

No fun sitting in any cabin for most of a cruise.

Sanitise, don't touch hand rails, don't use lifts if possible, you know all the usual cruise things.

Have fun'

Have just purchased some of the N95 masks for us and am always vigilant with the sanitation 

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

Just keep watching for balconies to come up on the Princess site.   I booked late for a cruise in January and only scored an obstructed window.   I kept watching after final payment and balconies came up and I was able to change.   Good luck.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

Did you buy direct? If not ask the person you booked through to keep an eye out for you.  How long until your cruise?  People have to cancel for all sorts of reasons.  Good Luck!

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Did you buy direct? If not ask the person you booked through to keep an eye out for you.  How long until your cruise?  People have to cancel for all sorts of reasons.  Good Luck!

No travel agent but just had a talk with my travel friend and she can’t afford a balcony, I would be stretching myself so we will just have to hope for the best NZ 6 th Feb

Cheers Carole

2 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

No travel agent but just had a talk with my travel friend and she can’t afford a balcony, I would be stretching myself so we will just have to hope for the best NZ 6 th Feb

Cheers Carole

You may find closer to the 6th Feb, Carnival may have special upgrade deals for Luminosa.  I receive circulars offering me upgrades and I'm sailing on 4/12. Hopefully covid spread will have eased by Feb. 

26 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

We will be on the NZ 6th Feb cruise. After reading your posts here, I look forward to meeting you on board. 🙂

• Like 1

Friends have recently returned from a cruise Fremantle to Sydney on the Queen Elizabeth, as an elderly pensioner couple they've saved for a long time to take this trip and it will be their last.  She tested positive on day 2 and he did a couple of days later.  They spend almost the entire time restricted to their cabin.  Balcony or not, I felt so sorry for them.

• Like 3

On 11/21/2022 at 9:57 PM, Elorac123 said:

Hi all, has anyone had Covid and been in a inside room ?

Were you allowed to take in some fresh air once in awhile?

Hoping it never eventuates for us in Feb but there seems to be a lot of Covid  around both on land and sea

Cheers Carole

I know on Cunard they move  you to a quarantine cabin - all of which are balconies 

• Like 2

If there is no way you can extend to a balcony, take plenty of reading material, things to keep you occupied and anything that will keep you sane.

You can take every precaution known to man and still get COVID...it happened to us, and at least we had a BIG balcony but it was still terrible being stuck in a small space for 10 days!

Have you had COVID already?

7 minutes ago, lara h said:

If there is no way you can extend to a balcony, take plenty of reading material, things to keep you occupied and anything that will keep you sane.

You can take every precaution known to man and still get COVID...it happened to us, and at least we had a BIG balcony but it was still terrible being stuck in a small space for 10 days!

Have you had COVID already?

Covid seems to be quite random I was in a car last week with three girl friends and we all ate together now they all have Covid and I don’t.

I have a loaded kindle and a pack of cards and a iPad loaded with off line movies 

Cheers Carole

Our well-stocked Kindles kept us sane during our Covid isolation. We read a lot anyway so it was just a case of having to stay in one place for a while instead of visiting other places around the ship. However by the last day or so I was missing being able to walk around the ship. Just walking to and from the cabin to either the midships or aft lifts stretched the legs enough to feel good. 

• Like 1