P&O Black Friday 30% early saver discount?

Technoman2

Hi Guys, i got a flyer through the door this morning from P&O saying save upto 30% with our Black Friday offers . Then in the small print it says it applies to the lowest grade of inside cabin on selected departures between 3rd March and 23rd Nov 23 . Book by 29th November 22.  Then it states 30% discount based on the following cruises J303,N326,G306 and B309. 

Am i missing something here because i cannot see any price reductions or do you think P&O have not got their act together and adjusted the prices yet. Even the QR code on the flyer did not work.

Any thoughts or ideas.

It says on flyer that prices have already been adjusted on their website. So the price you see is price with Black Friday discount and should imagine it is just a publicity "con" to make you think you are getting a deal when you are not getting anything special. Also the up to 30% is another misleading statement that all companies do.

45 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

It says on flyer that prices have already been adjusted on their website. So the price you see is price with Black Friday discount and should imagine it is just a publicity "con" to make you think you are getting a deal when you are not getting anything special. Also the up to 30% is another misleading statement that all companies do.

To me it looks like they have increaded the prices when you compare to balcony cabin cost. I think it is a bit of a con and the QR code just comes back with page not available. Seems like a waste of postage cost and everbodys time.

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Didn’t think these offers go live until Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

They are lucky the post got here before 29th November the way things are going with postal strikes. I could not see any FROM date on the flyer so not sure why you would think Tues or Weds.

The small print states higher prices were the 10 days preceding the 22nd November, which is tomorrow, so I assume that the deals will go live tomorrow, or Wednesday. This may also be the reason the Qr code isn’t working yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Technoman2 said:

They are lucky the post got here before 29th November the way things are going with postal strikes. I could not see any FROM date on the flyer so not sure why you would think Tues or Weds.

The flyer says higher prices were in force in the ten days prior to the 22nd November so I presume it doesn’t start till then 

12 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Just done a mock booking on a cruise promoted in the sale which we booked a month ago.  £164 more for same grade cabin (for two) and still a good price - but not cheaper! 

We booked Iona for next October whilst on board Britannia.  £100 deposit. Checked it this morning. It's £600 more. Don't think we will cancel and rebook just yet.

• Haha 1

If I booked the çruise before ours in March and did a back to back. I would pay £1400 for inside cabin. Plus £470 obc, plus £400 btb discount, plus free transport (worth over £300 for us). It's a crying shame that due to prior commitments I can't possibly go

It seems as if the best deals are for inside cabins 

1 hour ago, happy v said:

If I booked the çruise before ours in March and did a back to back. I would pay £1400 for inside cabin. Plus £470 obc, plus £400 btb discount, plus free transport (worth over £300 for us). It's a crying shame that due to prior commitments I can't possibly go

It seems as if the best deals are for inside cabins 

That sounds like a bargain.  What a pity you aren't able to take advantage of it.