Diamond Plus access to Concierge Lounge

Straughn

I now read on the C&A info that Royal has reinstated the access for D+ (and Pinnacle) folks to the Concierge Lounge. Yes, I understand this does not apply to Suite Lounges-only the very few  ships who still have Concierge Lounges. What have folks actual experiences been? Is this dependent on the # of D+ and Pinnacle passengers? I am D+, sailing solo, on Jewel in February and would like to know the chances of actually being able to take advantage of this perk. 

Additonally, I know I can go to the Diamond Lounge. As a solo, I find I have a better chance of seeing the same folks each evening and striking up a “ship friendship” in the less crowded Concierge Lounge.

11 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I now read on the C&A info that Royal has reinstated the access for D+ (and Pinnacle) folks to the Concierge Lounge. Yes, I understand this does not apply to Suite Lounges-only the very few  ships who still have Concierge Lounges. What have folks actual experiences been? Is this dependent on the # of D+ and Pinnacle passengers? I am D+, sailing solo, on Jewel in February and would like to know the chances of actually being able to take advantage of this perk. 

Additonally, I know I can go to the Diamond Lounge. As a solo, I find I have a better chance of seeing the same folks each evening and striking up a “ship friendship” in the less crowded Concierge Lounge.

Yes, it depends on the number of D+ on your sailing.

• Like 1

Did 6 sailings on Serenade (Oct 15 to November 19) 

I don’t think D+ was able to access at all. There were 2 sailings that Pinnacle were not allowed in the CL

Did 4 sailings on Explorer (Sept 3 - Oct 1)

D+ and Pinnacle had access to CL for every sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Straughn said:

D+ access to the Concierge Club on Jewel is doubtful.  Depends on the number of Pinnacles.

We were on Jewel for 6 weeks July-August.  Because of the numbers, Pinnacles and D+ were not allowed in the Concierge Club, but were set up in the Viking Crown.

I wish you luck.  Concierge Clubs on A Radiance class ship are the best.

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, it depends on the number of D+ on your sailing.

The CL Concierge on Enchantment seemed to say that the numbers don't matter anymore - D+ will be allowed regardless of numbers. I don't quite believe her but the numbers last week were way higher than earlier in the year when D+ were not allowed.

12 hours ago, yogimax said:

I hate to say it but I wonder if at also depends on how lazy the CL concierge (they seem to have the power to make the call) happen to be.

The CL concierge, (and DL concierge) make additional income on tips.  Empty lounge...empty pockets.  

• Like 2