NZ ETA

Travelling tomorrow on Ovation of the Seas to NZ. Have just woken to an email from Royal stating ALL guests need a NZ ETA. I thought as Australian Citizens with Australian passports this was not necessary.

Can someone confirm either way please?

20 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Travelling tomorrow on Ovation of the Seas to NZ. Have just woken to an email from Royal stating ALL guests need a NZ ETA. I thought as Australian Citizens with Australian passports this was not necessary.

Can someone confirm either way please?

No!

"Permanent residents and citizens of Aust both get an Aust resident visa when they arrive in NZ."

www.govt.nz

Cruise lines should get their facts right for Australians before causing them unnecessary stress. 

• Like 1

Just now, possum52 said:

No, you do not need a NZeTA. From the NZ immigration website - 

Australian and New Zealand citizens do not need a visa or an NZeTA.

NZ eTA

Thanks I did read that, but Royal Caribbean state all guests. Thanks for the information, just a bit confusing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

No!

"Permanent residents and citizens of Aust both get an Aust resident visa when they arrive in NZ."

www.govt.nz

Cruise lines should get their facts right for Australians before causing them unnecessary stress. 

Agree, not something I needed to wake up to!

Yes, i got this too as cruising with you tomorrow 

plus lost count of the number of cruisers in the past  asking this question “elsewhere” 

very confusing. 
if you do try and apply for it on the website, it does tell you, not needed 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kaseyoz said:

Yes, i got this too as cruising with you tomorrow 

plus lost count of the number of cruisers in the past  asking this question “elsewhere” 

very confusing. 
if you do try and apply for it on the website, it does tell you, not needed 

Just got another email re the NZ ETA. Not sure if Royal are targeting me. I have had so many emails from them recently. Could be because we are doing B2B2B?

Edited by resordanis
Spelling

In 1st week of April, I will fly to Sydney, stay in Sydney for a day, then will board Majestic Princess.  The itinerary includes 3 New Zealand ports (will finish all NZ ports by April 10).  I hold a U.S passport.  I have a few questions for Australia and New Zealand visas.

1.  Can I apply for ETA for both countries?
2.  Can I apply online for both of the ETAs or must download an App?
3.  I want to play it safe, so I would like to apply for the visa or ETA as soon as allowed, just in case there is a delay
     in processing.  I read on another website that tourist visa for NZ and Australia can take 2 days to 20 days.  
    So, how soon can I apply for the ETA for it to be still valid to use in April?    

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

21 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:
In 1st week of April, I will fly to Sydney, stay in Sydney for a day, then will board Majestic Princess.  The itinerary includes 3 New Zealand ports (will finish all NZ ports by April 10).  I hold a U.S passport.  I have a few questions for Australia and New Zealand visas.

3.  I want to play it safe, so I would like to apply for the visa or ETA as soon as allowed, just in case there is a delay
     in processing.  I read on another website that tourist visa for NZ and Australia can take 2 days to 20 days.  

I don't know about New Zealand, as we Australians don't (currently 🤞🏻) need visas to go there.

For Australia,  I would recommend to use the OFFICIAL Australian government's website.

(Information on the link below)

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/electronic-travel-authority-601

If you just Google "Australian ETA " you will probably come across 3rd-party services first, that charge you extra!

Be careful to fill in all details on the government website correctly. 

Usually exactly as in your passport.

And make sure that your pp has at least 6 month validity. 

Edited by buchhalm
Extra comments made

28 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Be careful to fill in all details on the government website correctly. 

Usually exactly as in your passport.

And make sure that your pp has at least 6 month validity. 

The Aus ETA can only be applied for through the Australian ETA app and not on the website as in the past. The link you provided does have this information on it. 

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

This is the link for the NZeTA - NZeTA which can be applied for either online or through the NZeTA app.

Buchhalm has provided a link above for information on the Australian ETA. Note this ETA has to be applied for on the Australian ETA app - How to Apply for Aus ETA

There are versions for iPad and iPhone and for android phones.

Both the NZeTA and the ETA should be approved very quickly, usually within minutes but occasionally there will be a hold up. 

Edited by possum52

Thank you for the information!

How soon can I apply for the Aus ETA and the NZ ETA for it to be still valid to use in April? Can I apply for it now?

I know some countries, the visa is only valid for 3 months (some country even only good for 1 month) from the time of the approval of the visa.  

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thank you for the information!

How soon can I apply for the Aus ETA and the NZ ETA for it to be still valid to use in April? Can I apply for it now?

I know some countries, the visa is only valid for 3 months (some country even only good for 1 month) from the time of the approval of the visa.  

The Australian ETA is valid for 6 months I believe. That information should be in the links provided.