Did you leave your items on Diamond when you got off 11/27?

Shelly97060

When we arrived in D527 today there was forgotten clothing on the shelves beneath the safe. The items were turned in to our steward. Posting on the off chance that the owner might see this and be able to  contact Princess to claim their forgotten items. 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

When we arrived in D527 today there was forgotten clothing on the shelves beneath the safe. The items were turned in to our steward. Posting on the off chance that the owner might see this and be able to  contact Princess to claim their forgotten items. 

If there was money in the pocket it must be mine. The fact that I was not on the ship is irrelevant.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Much higher chance that Guest Services *could* track down the owner...given that they *know* who was in that stateroom.  Now...whether they actually *will*.... ?

Yes  we reported it to guest services as well. 😃

Thank you for turning it in. Should make it easier for the owner to claim via the lost and found process.

There was a poster on another board who decided to bring the item home with them and then try to locate the owner, as they didn't trust the process. They were "heavily advised" that they made the wrong choice.

When I boarded the Discovery on Saturday, pushed the curtains back and on the floor was the previous guest’s passport. My room steward had just introduced himself so I went out in the hallway and gave it to him. He said they had been looking for it and it will get returned.

I don’t understand the whole “take it home” thing.

• Like 4

I have heard that lost and found is not good at going out of their way to find and notify the passenger.  At some point it goes off the ship into a huge mountain of stuff.   If it isn't something like that passport where the owner has already advised staff immediately, before the ship embarks that evening,  that they need it back, I don't know what the odds are. 

Might be interesting to hear from posters here who have had luck thru Princess lost and found services.

The OP mentions that this was clothing. It is possible that these items were left on purpose. If the in-cruise purchases filled the suitcases and the other used clothing was not worth the purchase of an additional bag and the associated airport fees? 

24 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

The OP mentions that this was clothing. It is possible that these items were left on purpose. If the in-cruise purchases filled the suitcases and the other used clothing was not worth the purchase of an additional bag and the associated airport fees? 

I traveled with a person who only took his oldest rattiest clothes. Then when they were dirty he would throw them away. The only person I know whose suitcase got lighter as the trip went on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My husband could not find his Ray-ban sunglasses on our last cruise to Alaska, and I went down to the front desk and they had about 4 or 5 sunglasses but not his, of course his were in his sweater pocket..They seem to keep stuff for the current trips, not sure what happens after that.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, NownZen said:

I traveled with a person who only took his oldest rattiest clothes. Then when they were dirty he would throw them away. The only person I know whose suitcase got lighter as the trip went on.

Dress to impress 😄

• Haha 2