Rotterdam Cabin Wall Hooks?

baggal

I apologize in advance since I'm pretty sure I saw a post about this but now I can't find it.

We're going to Norway this summer on the Rotterdam and since we'll have jackets, etc. I want to get hooks for the cabin walls.  I never had the need before, but I would like to use them on this cruise.  What should I get that will stay on the wall?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, baggal said:

I apologize in advance since I'm pretty sure I saw a post about this but now I can't find it.

We're going to Norway this summer on the Rotterdam and since we'll have jackets, etc. I want to get hooks for the cabin walls.  I never had the need before, but I would like to use them on this cruise.  What should I get that will stay on the wall?

Thanks.

There are 2 big hooks already on the walls in all cabins; they should be enough unless you need more than those 2.

Linda R.

44 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

There are 2 big hooks already on the walls in all cabins; they should be enough unless you need more than those 2.

Linda R.

Are you sure they are on the Pinnacle Class.  I know they are on the Vista and Signature class but I could not find them on Pinnacle cabin photos.

Roy

29 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Are you sure they are on the Pinnacle Class.  I know they are on the Vista and Signature class but I could not find them on Pinnacle cabin photos.

Roy

they were in both cabins on the Rotterdam we’ve been this year. Deck 6 verandah. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, baggal said:

Thanks.

I am currently in cabin 7085 ,which is a Neptune Suite on Rotterdam and as you can see,there are 4 hooks.

8230FFD4-17C7-4125-A8CC-8FBCD5FD37AC.jpeg

26 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

I am currently in cabin 7085 ,which is a Neptune Suite on Rotterdam and as you can see,there are 4 hooks.

8230FFD4-17C7-4125-A8CC-8FBCD5FD37AC.jpeg

John -- this is really something where private messaging would come in handy but since we don't have that as an option -- @bdd123 was asking about this very accessible cabin on the Nieuw Statendam, specifically the safety handrails in the bathroom.

4 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

John -- this is really something where private messaging would come in handy but since we don't have that as an option -- @bdd123 was asking about this very accessible cabin on the Nieuw Statendam, specifically the safety handrails in the bathroom.

Sorry.  John's answer was to my question about cabin wall hooks on the Rotterdam.  You may be confusing this thread with another one.

41 minutes ago, Steirisch said:

Thanks!  I'll make the $12 investment and unless my bags are nearing the weight limit, I'll bring them with me.

1 minute ago, baggal said:

Sorry.  John's answer was to my question about cabin wall hooks on the Rotterdam.  You may be confusing this thread with another one.

Yes but he stated he is in ambulatory-accessible cabin 7085 and bdd123 was asking about the handrails in the bathroom of that very cabin (yes in another thread). I guess I could and should have linked him to that one!

9 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

I never mentioned being in an ambulatory cabin and I am not.I am in a Neptune Suite with a Hugh slanted balcony!

If you use the included bath robes as we do, we hang them on the room hooks. We use multi hooks, heavy duty... for our hats, jackets etc. Also clip magnets as j stated above. 

26 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

I never mentioned being in an ambulatory cabin and I am not.I am in a Neptune Suite with a Hugh slanted balcony!

The five-pointed star on the deck plans indicates an ambulatory accessible cabin (or suite in this case). There may be extra or more substantial grab bars in the bathroom and that is what bdd123 was asking about in the other thread (and probably why you have two sets of hooks, one being lower down).

image.jpeg.f07ee534a5369560ad143e725b62c6b9.jpeg

Edited by crystalspin

21 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

The five-pointed star on the deck plans indicates an ambulatory accessible cabin (or suite in this case). There may be extra or more substantial grab bars in the bathroom and that is what bdd123 was asking about in the other thread (and probably why you have two sets of hooks, one being lower down).

But bdd123 hasn't posted here as yet.. sorry I was confused earlier. We are in a fully accessible room on Rotterdam on Dec 10th. Cabin 5054 and there are several lower hooks. Not sure if this OP is interested in that? 

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

But bdd123 hasn't posted here as yet.. sorry I was confused earlier. We are in a fully accessible room on Rotterdam on Dec 10th. Cabin 5054 and there are several lower hooks. Not sure if this OP is interested in that? 

I seem to have mucked this up royally. I just thought that since JohnMik was helpful with the photo of the hooks, that he might be willing to help bdd123 with a pic of the grab bars. (I recognized the cabin number from the other thread.) I did not know that John did not know he was in an ambulatory suite or that it would hijack this thread so completely!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, baggal said:

Thanks.

Use 3M Command hooks.   No magnet and work great.   Much lighter too.

Edited by bdd123
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

That is correct.

Most people could not tell difference in ambulatory suite.    IMO, all rooms should be ambulatory.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

I think you are according to:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/ships/RN/pdf/hal-rn-deck-plan-102522.pdf

If you could post some pics of shower and toilet area that would be awesome, but I get that it might not be convenient.

Does the shower head come off, so it can be hand held?

16 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I seem to have mucked this up royally. I just thought that since JohnMik was helpful with the photo of the hooks, that he might be willing to help bdd123 with a pic of the grab bars. (I recognized the cabin number from the other thread.) I did not know that John did not know he was in an ambulatory suite or that it would hijack this thread so completely!

I would like to see someone in a wheelchair get up over the 6 inch walkup into the bathroom and onto the balcony as I have stubbed my toes many times in the last 10 days.Nothing different than any other Neptune suite we have seen.I assume the deck plan is a mistake.I have posted pics showing the impediments to the bathroom and balcony.

21 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Yes but he stated he is in ambulatory-accessible cabin 7085 and bdd123 was asking about the handrails in the bathroom of that very cabin (yes in another thread). I guess I could and should have linked him to that one!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

9 hours ago, bdd123 said:

I think you are according to:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/ships/RN/pdf/hal-rn-deck-plan-102522.pdf

If you could post some pics of shower and toilet area that would be awesome, but I get that it might not be convenient.

Does the shower head come off, so it can be hand held?

Here you go!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg