Paradise beach or Mr Sanchos

parachutes63

11 hours ago, YaYaCruiser said:

Playa Mia looks fantastic! But...is there beach access? Snorkeling?

Same exact beach as its neighbors, Paradise, Sanchos and Nachi Cocum.

playamia-tours-excursions-header.jpg

None of which have good snorkeling, as a good, sandy beach will not have good snorkeling.

(but I know from Nachi I have taken a short boatride out to a reef for good snorkeling before)

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 12:52 PM, parachutes63 said:

I am taking the grandkids on there first cruise. Which would be better for a 5 and 9 year old?

When are you sailing? Taking 9 year old in June and wondering what to do as well. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Quick question please.  I do not see it on the web site but watched it on a recent video.  Paradise beach, non AI.  Said 5$. Plus you must spend 10$.  Does that include chairs umbrella?  If not how much are they?
 Thanks

1 hour ago, Jgarriso said:

Quick question please.  I do not see it on the web site but watched it on a recent video.  Paradise beach, non AI.  Said 5$. Plus you must spend 10$.  Does that include chairs umbrella?  If not how much are they?
 Thanks

Those prices are out of date.

Not sure why finding information on the Paradise Beach website has always been such a problem. With their “new and improved” site there are 5 pages of “helpful information” answering all sorts of FAQ.

Here is the section you require:

IS THERE A NON-ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION AT PARADISE BEACH?

There is the possibility that on the day you're traveling, Paradise Beach might be sold out with Exclusive All Inclusive customers, so we really encourage you to book your spot in advance on our website. However, on certain days when we are not sold out, there's an à la carte option for a $10 US entrance fee with a minimum consumption of $10 US per person to use our facilities. This includes lounge chairs, umbrellas, pool, free wifi, restrooms, and showers.

Edited by c-leg5

I've read that taxis will not even take you to Paradise Beach if you do not already have a reservation for the AI package.  Can anyone confirm if this is still correct?  We love PB, but have always done the PAYG option and got there easily via a taxi, but that was before COVID.  

18 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

I've read that taxis will not even take you to Paradise Beach if you do not already have a reservation for the AI package.  Can anyone confirm if this is still correct?  We love PB, but have always done the PAYG option and got there easily via a taxi, but that was before COVID.  

I received an email from PB inquiring about PAYG and they mentioned that the taxi drivers were diricting people away from their club.

Told me not to listen to them and have them drive us there. If that is where you want to go then be firm with the driver.

We have done Mr. Sanchos many times over the years. The last couple times our experience wasn’t as great. Service/drinks was still great but too many groups getting drunk, playing their own music to loud, smoking, etc. 

Several have said they see more issues when the shorter cruises show up in port with a certain cruise line that starts with a C.

We won’t be back till July and we are still trying to decide what to do but I’ll be looking to see what ships are in port that day.

On 1/14/2023 at 6:22 AM, Luke gs Daddy said:

I received an email from PB inquiring about PAYG and they mentioned that the taxi drivers were diricting people away from their club.

Told me not to listen to them and have them drive us there. If that is where you want to go then be firm with the driver.

Thanks for this info - sad it has to be that way.  PB is a fabulous place with great staff!

On 1/13/2023 at 11:48 AM, LHARTWICK said:

On 1/13/2023 at 11:48 AM, LHARTWICK said:

On 1/14/2023 at 6:22 AM, Luke gs Daddy said:

I am not really understanding the logic here. The main reason why taxis don’t want to to take you somewhere is lack of kickbacks, or better kickbacks somewhere else. This was common at one time when Nachi Cocom went AI, although I haven’t heard that being a problem in a long time. Paradise Beach, as I recall, had a dedicated area for taxi drivers to hang out which suggests kickbacks to me, has that changed?

With the increased emphasis on AI model by Paradise Beach i would have thought taxis would have welcomed the opportunity to take you to Paradise Beach for agreed fare and then offered to take you to another club for additional fee when you couldn’t get into Paradise Beach for PAYG because they are full. Is Paradise Beach now implying they are not as full as people were led to believe and do have PAYG slots available?

I agree, always state where you want to go and agree fare before getting in a taxi in Cozumel. If there is a problem take the next one, it isn’t like there is a shortage! The only problem we have had on cruise ship days is double dipping when they charge per couple instead of per vehicle as stated by union rules. We either insist on smaller vehicle for two, or pay cash, no tip. This doesn’t happen on land visits or if you take a taxi from outside the port gates.

Edited by c-leg5

On 1/14/2023 at 7:22 AM, Luke gs Daddy said:

We had this experience!

I encourage people to check the website and call beforehand if you are interested in PAYG. Our pricing was strange, but this was back in April so it seems things have changed since then. We paid the $10 fee each for my teens to do the inflatables (with an additional $10pp necessary for food or drinks) but they came back after a few minutes and gave me a refund of $5pp, saying they overcharged for the toys. So we ended up paying only $5 each for my teens to have 2 hours on the inflatables. We did spend well over $10pp on food and beverage to have lunch there. It was delicious, really tasty food!

47 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

We had this experience!

I encourage people to check the website and call beforehand if you are interested in PAYG. Our pricing was strange, but this was back in April so it seems things have changed since then. We paid the $10 fee each for my teens to do the inflatables (with an additional $10pp necessary for food or drinks) but they came back after a few minutes and gave me a refund of $5pp, saying they overcharged for the toys. So we ended up paying only $5 each for my teens to have 2 hours on the inflatables. We did spend well over $10pp on food and beverage to have lunch there. It was delicious, really tasty food!

You got a bargain!

That is very unusual pricing it has been $15/18 for a long time but there were a lot of discounts when cruising first resumed at many of the clubs.

I have also known them discount if everything isn’t available. 

I still think they were pushing AI when the government imposed  capacity control early on and wonder if that will be the case going forward.