Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

57 minutes ago, silkismom said:

The lawn looks rather dried out, surprised they haven't put up the "sleeping" signs.

I was thinking the same.   They had just cut the grass quite close.   Maybe to spur on some growth.

46 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

Hi Jim. What a lovely surprise to see you and Iain back on the high seas!  I must have been off Cruise Critic for several weeks. We were on a 14 day cruise from NY to Caribbean on Enchanted Princess a few weeks ago - Wi-Fi was terrible - and when I logged in this afternoon, I was delighted to spend time catching up.  Love that itinerary, by the way.

Can’t wait to follow along with you. It’s not only fun but I learn quite a lot from your posts.

Thanks so much. 

Carole

Thanks Carole

Hope you had a wonderful cruise.  The Caribbean is so nice this time of year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lilghallinsf said:

I am very curious how you stream live shows. I am have tried to read through but can't figure out it. Can you do a "for an idiot" version of how to do this. I am of the age I watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune every night along with ABC7s and my Golden Girls at bedtime. Would love to figure out how to do this. I don't love the programs available on Celebrity. 

Pretty straight forward.   I use a firestick.    First plug into HDMI of TV then use the instruction I posted on shifting Sources   CC - Menu - go to bottom item press enter then go to bottom - Sources and select your source (using room remote).

Then on firestick   Go to Settings and select Celebrity Guest Wifi -  It should pop up a captive portal to log on.

We cut the cord years ago and use YouTube TV.     You can access both live TV as well as your "VCR" virtual recordings.     I just record all episodes of our favorite TV shows and watch when we want.   Because Monday Night Football pre-empts Jeopardy it is usually captured around 11 PM so we are usually a day behind.    Depending on ship you may need a VPN via Firestick to spoof your location.

45 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Just saw you are back on board!   Glad to hear you're doing well and hope you both have a great time on this cruise.   We've been on the Silhouette.  Lovely ship but we still like M-Class better.  Heard that they're moving the Summit from Miami to Alaska in Spring 2024 and sailing an S-Class ship from Cape Liberty!  If you have time, could you please check if Celebrity is planning any M-Class ships out of Cape Liberty in 2024 or 2025?  Thanks so much. 

Looking forward to following your cruise.  Your insights and photos are wonderful!   Bon Voyage.

See what I can find out but usually the Future Cruise staff only know about the schedules that have been published and maybe a week or 2 before release of new schedules.

42 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Hope that you enjoyed your nap. We’re just getting up for ours. It was a little too chilly to nap on the balcony even with a blanket. So far we have enjoyed the ship. Still looks very good to us and the crew has been great. Especially in Luminae. 

I only took a 30 minute cat nap.   Iain on the other hand didn't get up until 5:00.  He does lobe his naps.    It gave me the opportunity to do some HOA Business and update here on CC.  

I have to say the Black Bass last night was one of the best we have had.   No complaints on food.    I did take a reconnaissance mission to Ocean View to check out their Cheese Selection.     Very impressed on first sight - Big Block of Blue and a variety of both soft and hard cheeses.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I saw that also on our NE/Canada September Summit cruise. Not sure of the number waiting but I was surprised when I was watching others play. Glad to see pickleball being played on the ships. Maybe someday I'll give it a go. 

As popular as it seemed I can understand why so many are upset with the Basketball / Pickle Ball courts disappear with the Revolution .

48 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

That was my lunch today but with the bun. I had to have them to swap the chips. Unfortunately they were soggy and tasteless so I had our server bring fries. 🙂 

Our chips were freshly cooked and still warm and crunchy.   I ended up eating half of Iain's that he wasn't going to eat.   

Did you like the Crab Cakes?    Was just what I was in the mood for  

From Memory they have the Chicken Giros tomorrow -   not to be missed.   One of our favorites.

We also often have the Cobb Salad but ask them to drop the Pork Belly and Substitute crispy Bacon (which is what is on the MDR menu).   We also ask them to add Blue cheese.

OK.   Iain just corrected me on what the Captain said.   All ships tender in Cabos but Princess gets the premier spot next to the Arches, but once she leave we get the spot as we will be overnighting.

That's why I keep  him around.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, MarinerAlex said:

Agree… I left the boat 2 weeks ago and it was pretty green, soft and lush. Maybe its been too cold?

I think they also de-thatched it which might of left it looking that way.   You could see on the other side of the ship on the putting green with the Young Tiger that the grass was quite green.

26 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Left Michael’s a short time ago to this sunset 

A0331B9A-BD54-4030-BC5F-03487C9892A5.thumb.jpeg.e85a8dabf0904249058421bdb6d350de.jpeg

Wow -   we missed it and I love sunsets.   I was sitting in the dark while Iain napped.  We also missed the Retreat Captain's Reception.   Oh well,  I know he will be disappointed.    Maybe next week. 

Jim - Thanks so much for taking us along on your cruise.  Looking so forward to boarding on Sunday for two weeks.  I am really enjoying your posts.

Question on WiFi...we are in a suite.  Does this work for one device per person?  If I recall from previous cruises, we logged out of one device and then logged into the other?  Is that still the case?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I noticed in some of the pics that people are wearing light jackets or long sleeves...some even have lap blankets.  So have to ask, is it chilly on this itinerary?  Not sure what to expect for our early March sailing as I am used to the warm Caribbean weather.

I’ve sailed this itinerary a number of times over the years. The first day after leaving LA (and last day returning) can be chilly, even in March. It does get warmer the further south you go, but plan accordingly. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Happy to report the Lemon Rarts with the chocolate dot (my favorite) are available in the afternoon. 

I’m glad your lemon “tarts” typo substituted the “t” for a “r” rather than an “f”. 

Thank you. 😉

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Pretty straight forward.   I use a firestick.    First plug into HDMI of TV then use the instruction I posted on shifting Sources   CC - Menu - go to bottom item press enter then go to bottom - Sources and select your source (using room remote).

Then on firestick   Go to Settings and select Celebrity Guest Wifi -  It should pop up a captive portal to log on.

We cut the cord years ago and use YouTube TV.     You can access both live TV as well as your "VCR" virtual recordings.     I just record all episodes of our favorite TV shows and watch when we want.   Because Monday Night Football pre-empts Jeopardy it is usually captured around 11 PM so we are usually a day behind.    Depending on ship you may need a VPN via Firestick to spoof your location.

Thank you so much!!!!

We will try this. I think we have a firestick in the house somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL Hate when they preempt Jeopardy and our own SF native Amy won !

You are the best.  Thank you 

• Like 1

OK.   Iain just corrected me on what the Captain said.   All ships tender in Cabos but Princess gets the premier spot next to the Arches, but once she leave we get the spot as we will be overnighting.

That's why I keep  him around.  

Having been there a number of times, 3 in the last year, I don't see much of a difference between the spots the different ships are in.  

By the way, we sometimes walk to a restaurant on the water called The Office on the Beach.  It's about a 20-30 minute walk, and quite good.  Apparently, it was the first of it's kind (DH knows of what kind but he's taking a nap).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilghallinsf said:

LOL Hate when they preempt Jeopardy and our own SF native Amy won !

???? Was it a repeat of the Tournament of Champions? Or an episode from her earlier run?

loved this year's TOC. The new format is exciting. 

In SoCal, it has been back to regular episodes with a very impressive run. We get repeats on the weekends.

12 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Just saw you are back on board!   Glad to hear you're doing well and hope you both have a great time on this cruise.   We've been on the Silhouette.  Lovely ship but we still like M-Class better.  Heard that they're moving the Summit from Miami to Alaska in Spring 2024 and sailing an S-Class ship from Cape Liberty!  If you have time, could you please check if Celebrity is planning any M-Class ships out of Cape Liberty in 2024 or 2025?  Thanks so much. 

Looking forward to following your cruise.  Your insights and photos are wonderful!   Bon Voyage.

Eclipse is taking over the Summit sailings on another platform they said it's leaving Rio for a 14 night cruise up to NJ late April. I don't think any M class ships will be sailing out of NJ

10 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Having been there a number of times, 3 in the last year, I don't see much of a difference between the spots the different ships are in.  

By the way, we sometimes walk to a restaurant on the water called The Office on the Beach.  It's about a 20-30 minute walk, and quite good.  Apparently, it was the first of it's kind (DH knows of what kind but he's taking a nap).

We have a friend that owns a Condo in Cabo but are currently in Cozumel.   They told us the area they purchased in and say it is really nice to get out of the area the ship ports in.   They said it is about a 15 minute Uber ride so we may go and explore.

12 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

Jim - Thanks so much for taking us along on your cruise.  Looking so forward to boarding on Sunday for two weeks.  I am really enjoying your posts.

Question on WiFi...we are in a suite.  Does this work for one device per person?  If I recall from previous cruises, we logged out of one device and then logged into the other?  Is that still the case?

Thank you.

In a SS and CS you get one account per person.  You can have unlimited devices on each account but only one at a time.  In RS and PS you get 2 accounts per person.

When you sign on via a device if you are already logged on will offer you the opportunity to bump the other off the air.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1