Are any cruise lines requiring a negative test to board in Buenos Aires?

roberts2005

I am still waiting to see if our February cruise out of BA is going to require testing. The itinerary prior to us (Santiago to BA) does require them, however, that is a 16 day as it goes down to Antarctica and ours does not, so it is only 14 days. I am hoping the 2 day difference makes the difference with testing.

Boarding HAL in 2 weeks in Buenos Aires, Argentina- Antarctica- Santiago, Chile with a negative covid test required.

This was sent as part of our booking documents...

"Health & Safety Protocols:

COVID-19 Testing -

All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-19 Test. PCR or medically observed Antigen COVID-19 test must be taken no more than 3 days prior to cruise embarkation.

Many of our clients have had success with telehealth testing services, such as Azova (https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/), which can be performed at your convenience, but make sure this is done BEFORE you leave home."

Not really an issue to me. Better safe then quarantined.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:44 PM, ShipWalker said:

Boarding HAL in 2 weeks in Buenos Aires, Argentina- Antarctica- Santiago, Chile with a negative covid test required.

This was sent as part of our booking documents...

"Health & Safety Protocols:

COVID-19 Testing -

All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-19 Test. PCR or medically observed Antigen COVID-19 test must be taken no more than 3 days prior to cruise embarkation.

Many of our clients have had success with telehealth testing services, such as Azova (https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/), which can be performed at your convenience, but make sure this is done BEFORE you leave home."

Not really an issue to me. Better safe then quarantined.

How long is your cruise?

Because I was confused by Princess’ posted enhanced protocols, I phoned travel agent, who phoned Princess and came back with totally different reply. Travel agent said self administered Antigen test was OK but need to sign additional waiver and take photos of negative test on phone !!! This is for an 18 day Princess cruise from Santiago..must admit still confused but will check again nearer sail date !!!!!!!!!

Health Protocols

Enhanced Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Enhanced Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• All guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. A booster dose is required for guests 18 years of age and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 5 months.
  • Only one booster dose is needed to be considered boosted.
  • Guests under 18 years of age do not need to be vaccinated, have a booster dose or apply for an exemption.

Testing Requirements

• All guests ages 5 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-19 Test. 
    • Medically observed PCR test taken within 3 days before embarkation.
    • Medically observed or self-administered antigen home test must be taken within 3 days before embarkation.

Please upload all required documentation to the MedallionClass app for a quick and seamless embarkation process.

Global COVID-19 regulations and protocols are continuously changing and we may revise or modify these requirements (effective immediately) to evolve with the latest practices at any time. Please check back regularly for any updates. These protocols only apply to the specific booking number or voyage entered.

As of December 2, 2022

1 hour ago, ShipWalker said:

22 days.

As an FYI our HAL testing requirements for the trip now reads exactly as Reina del Mar's Princess testing requirements highlighted in red.

All cruises 16 days and longer are still requiring testing. 

• 1 month later...

Thankfully, at this time, HAL is allowing an antigen self-test where we just have to take the test and then present a photo of the negative result with a background of our personal information. Seems ripe for cheating but I'm not going to argue! We debark from Buenos Aires on 10 March.

• Like 1

We have an 8 night sailing in March on Costa, and understand they require a negative antigen test taken 24 hours before sailing, but can't find any details on whether the test is required to be medically supervised or self-test.  If anyone has any info on that, we'd really appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 1:37 PM, coloradoan said:

We have an 8 night sailing in March on Costa, and understand they require a negative antigen test taken 24 hours before sailing, but can't find any details on whether the test is required to be medically supervised or self-test.  If anyone has any info on that, we'd really appreciate it!

Hello  🙂  I answered in the other forum but I just spoke with Costa.  It must be medically supervised.  Can be PCR or Antigen.   You can also do one of those tests where the company mails you the test, you take the test on your own, then you do a Facetime with the medical professional, then the medical professional emails you the results.  You cannot just show-up with a test you bought and took yourself.   

I hope that helps.  🙂