Apex with 4 MDRs.

ace123

It'll be my first time on an Edge class ship for a 7-night Caribbean cruise.

I have 6:00 pm dinning.

Do I stick to the assigned MDR every night?

There are slight differences on the menu of each MDR and I want to try them all.

How can that be arranged?

Thanks for your insight.

If you have assigned dining, you will have the same table in the same DR each night. You would need to arrange with the Maitre'D to change DR.

With that said, I thought I read that on all Edge class ships, they've changed to all anytime dining for just this reason.

• Like 1

Each of the 4 MDRs have the same menu with the exception of a few “signature” items which are different in each.  However you can order the signature items from any of the 4 in any MDR.  So you don’t have to be seated in Cyprus in order to get one if that restaurants signature items.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

If you have assigned dining, you will have the same table in the same DR each night. You would need to arrange with the Maitre'D to change DR.

With that said, I thought I read that on all Edge class ships, they've changed to all anytime dining for just this reason.

Was reported they're doing that on the Beyond.  Haven't heard if they updated the policy on Edge/Apex yet wouldn't be surprised if they follow sooner than later 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ace123 said:

It'll be my first time on an Edge class ship for a 7-night Caribbean cruise.

I have 6:00 pm dinning.

Do I stick to the assigned MDR every night?

There are slight differences on the menu of each MDR and I want to try them all.

How can that be arranged?

Thanks for your insight.

1)  Log into the cruise planner, see if you can change your dining to "select"

2)  If not, call X and request it over the phone

3)  If not, board the ship as early as possible and ask the M'D

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Was reported they're doing that on the Beyond.  Haven't heard if they updated the policy on Edge/Apex yet wouldn't be surprised if they follow sooner than later 

We were on the Edge recently and it was anytime dining for everyone

• Like 2

It didnt on our cruise.  We had signed up for 6:00 beforehand but saw on the app it had been changed to anytime dining a few days before the cruise.  We assumed it was an error and asked about it once on board and were told that it wasnt a mistake and anytime dining was the only option for the MDRs.  This was in September so don't know if its still the case or not. 

Just got off the Apex,  We enjoyed changing dining rooms every night.  We found the decor and feel of the particular restaurant was part of the experience. We had set reservations at 7 pm made by our travel agents  Even though we had a different waiter every night, they were all out to make us happy.  

5 minutes ago, renebfl said:

Just got off the Apex,  We enjoyed changing dining rooms every night.  We found the decor and feel of the particular restaurant was part of the experience. We had set reservations at 7 pm made by our travel agents  Even though we had a different waiter every night, they were all out to make us happy.  

Did you instruct your TA to make a 7pm reservation at a particular restaurant each night or did they just randomly choose different dining rooms on different nights?